Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:31 am 
Ken Hunter

Can't hate the Rooboys, think it's something to do with having grown up with Skippy. The Roos are a bit like that old TV show: Things done on the cheap yet still entertaining.

Whenever I watch the Roos run out a part of me, my boyhood heart as it were, remembers the old Shinboners of my youth when a bloke called Teasdale played for them and they got flogged week in week out yet still turned up the next week somehow thinking they might win.

In those days the Roos needed rain, plenty of it and a cross blowing Siberian wind and maybe some ice so that the better teams might just not care so much and then they'd scrape out a bloodless win.

Then came the seventies and someone smoked too much 'pot' or else their hair got in their eyes and they passed the 10 year rule which really was designed to help clubs like the Roos catch up. The Roos won two flags and it really was the time of free love! 'Cept the same rule hurt Sth Melbourne as much as it helped the Rooboys. Don't know what it was about the Bloods but it always seemed to me that they were never considered by the powers that be. Wonder who head it was pratt used to sit on?

Even during the 90's North was a side to admire and watching Pagan teach these young Blues I understand why. It's a fierce, relentless, exhilarating brand he teaches. This is a game to trek long distances to see.

So this week we begin the season against the Roos and I want to flog them merclessly. No quarter given. A bombardment. I want 10 from Fev, blisters on Lance's hands from too many marks and leather poisoning for Stevens and co.

I don't hate the Roos but stuff 'em, this is season 2005, this is the season we come alive and what better way to begin the task than a fair walloping of the Roo boys. A shellacking to finally eradicate that momomentus horribulus that was that last game a couple of seasons ago.

I want to bury them so deep Laidley will need to hire some undertakers to find his side before the 2nd round. I want an avalanche each quarter. I want it to be so convincing that finally the media finally realize what Denis is doing here; need to see that in fact there is some talent, just not the fancied first round picks everyone grabs their crutches over!

I want a belting and if that means Laidley begins to cop the blowtorch well so be it, stuff 'em, they got two flags in the 70's through good fortune, well let the wheel turn, let's bury the roo boys so that, like skippy, they'll come a running every time we call!

Go Blues!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:46 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Absolutely agree with your sentiments Dannyboy

I have never felt particularly hateful of the old shinboners (except maybe during the 70s when Blight used to destroy us almost every time) but tough titties to them, this is the dawn of OUR new era and nobody will be allowed to get in our way.

It is Carlton's Easter

Pagan is the resurrection and the light all who trust in him shall see glory in all its manifestations.

Bless All Ye Who Have Seen and Believe
'ware All Ye Who Have Not Seen and Do Not Believe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:39 pm 
Geoff Southby

No, I don't hate them eith...

wait...

I'm seeing Brent Harvey pretending to shoot arrows into the crowd as the little prick scored the easiest goal he's ever going to get, against us in Round 22, 2003.

I hate them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

Bury them I say. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

John M,

I agree. One of the lowest acts I have seen on the field for a long time.

there is PLENTY of payback required...

Round 22, 2003 springs to mind!

and that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:57 pm 
John Nicholls

The Vet wrote:
John M,

I agree. One of the lowest acts I have seen on the field for a long time.

there is PLENTY of payback required...

Round 22, 2003 springs to mind!

Have never and will never hate the Roos.

Must admit, I shed a tear when Mickys dad was on the Footy Show that night.

Just think of all the stuff North has given us...

Denis.
Digby and Teague.
They took McKernan back off us.

While they are only three things, all three have played a big part in getting us back up the ladder.

I like you North, but I hope you crash and burn on Saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:56 pm 
Rod Ashman

phoenix johnson wrote:
The Vet wrote:

Denis.
Digby and Teague.

While they are only three things, all three have played a big part in getting us back up the ladder.

PJ that is the Ying

What about the Yang
Brett Sholl
Darren Tarczon
Marc Arceri
Archer running through PD in the 95Prelim Final
Daniel Wells (for having him on their list)
Daniel Wells (that goal last year)
99 GF
The fact that the play for recreations sake to pass the time away rather than for premiership glory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:03 pm 
John Nicholls

darknavy wrote:
phoenix johnson wrote:
The Vet wrote:

Denis.
Digby and Teague.

PJ that is the Ying

What about the Yang
Brett Sholl
Darren Tarczon
Marc Arceri
Archer running through PD in the 95Prelim Final
Daniel Wells (for having him on their list)
Daniel Wells (that goal last year)
99 GF
The fact that the play for recreations sake to pass the time away rather than for premiership glory

Good point.
They also gave Demitriou a gig back in the 80s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:46 am 
Harry Vallence

Rack up a huge score if you can as it will give the team/fans even more confidence

Up the Rebels All-Ireland Hurling Champions 2004/2005

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:19 am 
Rod Ashman

Dannyboy, for this topic I would have to disagree. There are plenty of reasons to dislike the Kangaroos. I don't know about you, but I was at the 1999 grand final and it wasn't one of the more pleasant days in my life.

I remember the 2003 thrashing in round 22, I remember losing the 85 elimination final after being up by 30 points. Your post seems to imply that they Roos haven't done much damage to The Blues over the years - I would have to disagree.

Going back - what about the 76 preliminary final too. There are plenty of reasons to dislike the Roos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:44 am 
Ken Hunter

see you said it, dislike.. But do you hate 'em, I mean do they stir the blood the way the sight of that esenscum jumper does? or the filths lack of colur does?

I guess to its about my childhood and in my childhood the Roos were nothing.. And their supporeters have never really stuck in my throat the way a flower Richmond supporter will.

Yes the have beaten us but it is not the beating that cause hate, its the manner. Its a whack on geoff Southby behiund play or the way Sheedy proclaimed in the earlky 80's that we were lucky we didn't meet them in the GF :roll: or Colingwood's, well its just their supporters and their whinging and the fact that they are the worst losers ever and you'd think with all their practise they'd be the best. :lol:

But the Roos, well I think they lack an air of permanency about them so I am more lenient.

GFor the 99 final I blame Essenscum - have a look at the way their rucks just crashed into Matty bounce after bouce - the bloke was stuffed come the next week.

As for that final embarassing game when ever Spider kicked a couple and they laugheds their way to a famous win - we deserved to be laughed at that day - we fielded a side full of blokes that didn;t give a stuff or shouldn't have been playing AFL. That day was our fault, our shame, our nadir from whcih we rose!

I remember walking home from that game and saying to my son 'Pagan can do whatever he wants, he can get rid of all of the blokes if he wants, all of them, as long as we never feild that shit ever again!'

I hated the blokes in the famous old jumper that day, not the Roos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:51 am 
Rod Ashman

Dannyboy,

I would have to disagree. I hate Nth for the way they gloated in their victory in 2003 - they thought the blues were little leaguers compared to them. And then when we beat them in 2004 due to fev they complained and whinged about it as if we had upset the balance of the world.

Sorry- but the 99 grand final was a painful experience and the Blues faced North that day - not Essendon* or collingwood. Therefore, until we win a grand final again North will be in my list of the top 3 teams i dislike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:05 pm 
Bruce Comben

There has to be an omen. My birthday is on the day we play our first game of the season. Good things are bound to happen on that day :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:43 pm 
Ken Hunter

God I hate North! The smug well-catered for puppets playing with demitripoo's hand up their collective arses.

I'll never forget the smarmy way they killed us at the end of the season kicking goals like kids playing ring-a-ring a rosies. No respect, the faded blue and white turds!

And '99, let's not forget '99 when they beat us with the likes of Grant - how this guy is rated is beyond me, shows the genius of Pagan that Grant is rated at all.

I hope we bury there up in the air, 'come fly with me' noses well and truly in the dirt. I hope we smash 'em so hard they'll tumble back where they belong, on the bottom with the fear of death as a shadow growing ever more powerful behind them.

How can a side seriously consider using the Kangaroo as an mascot? I mean really, sends shivers down your spine doesnt it!

The only good roo is a dead one so I hope we play a truckie game, zooming across the turf with the rooboys continually caught in our headlights.

Fact is they are not even a real AFL team but rather a quasi- team, an afterthoguht, a sort of big sneeze that's clung to the jumpers of too many other great clubs for too long!

Lets kill the bastards!

Go Blues!

Is that better? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:43 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Malcom Blight and that torpedo punt to win them the game after the siren...how many times do they need to replay that in highlight reels...
Danny you are going soft :wink: ....Agree with Camel..bury them and their shin bones...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:47 pm 
Ken Hunter

hey watcha talkin' 'bout, you been talkin' to the wife? :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:43 pm 
Rod Ashman

dannyboy wrote:
God I hate North! The smug well-catered for puppets playing with demitripoo's hand up their collective arses.

I'll never forget the smarmy way they killed us at the end of the season kicking goals like kids playing ring-a-ring a rosies. No respect, the faded blue and white turds!

And '99, let's not forget '99 when they beat us with the likes of Grant - how this guy is rated is beyond me, shows the genius of Pagan that Grant is rated at all.

I hope we bury there up in the air, 'come fly with me' noses well and truly in the dirt. I hope we smash 'em so hard they'll tumble back where they belong, on the bottom with the fear of death as a shadow growing ever more powerful behind them.

How can a side seriously consider using the Kangaroo as an mascot? I mean really, sends shivers down your spine doesnt it!

The only good roo is a dead one so I hope we play a truckie game, zooming across the turf with the rooboys continually caught in our headlights.

Fact is they are not even a real AFL team but rather a quasi- team, an afterthoguht, a sort of big sneeze that's clung to the jumpers of too many other great clubs for too long!

Lets kill the bastards!

Go Blues!

Is that better? 8)

dannyboy, I was a bit happier with this sentiment but i believe you still held back a bit. I think you made no mention of crosswell crossing over to those mongrels half way thru 75... come on. MORE ANGST... They have caused us more pain than almost any other team i can think of (except for Essendon*).