Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:41 am 
Bruce Doull

beccarlton05 wrote:

The ironic thing is I'm an AFL member, that means I don't need a CFC membership, but because I am so loyal and because I love the club so much I still buy one every year.

See, if you really loved the club you wouldn't be giving any unneccessary money to those boneheads at the AFL. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:42 am 
Rod Ashman

camelboy wrote:
beccarlton05 wrote:

The ironic thing is I'm an AFL member, that means I don't need a CFC membership, but because I am so loyal and because I love the club so much I still buy one every year.

See, if you really loved the club you wouldn't be giving any unneccessary money to those boneheads at the AFL. :lol:

At least they got the membership out on time :P

Today, when I take a close look at my Baggy Green, as I often do, I see mateship, camaraderie and teamwork, and a sense of belonging. I hope that its legacy lives on and the spirit it provides stays strong. Stephen 'Tugga' Waugh - Never Say Die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:48 am 
Bruce Doull

Haha, touche!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:21 am 
Craig Bradley

sandramd wrote:
Bec and Prez we still continue to be members of the club even in the USA. And for your information Trish is a Carlton supporter who has not ever seen a live game of football.

She supports Carlton becuase of the enthusiasm and passion that comes from myself and all members of the forum.

ive no doubt about that you are all extermely loyal and that is great to hear.

Now - take this for it is worth, the fact that you are in US and support the club is great, but also the fact that you get your membership when you get it doesnt effect you becuase you cant get to the games.

Membership for me and many others is about supporting the club but also going to watch the blues run around the park.

However, it does effect me, i buy a 17 game membership, so getting it 5 weeks into the season is a waste of money. Ive paid for the first 5 games already and if i go to the game without my membership i will have to pay for the first 5 games again.

Now - not sure what its like in the US, but i dont like paying twice for the same thing. Do you?

Its as simple as that - if i have to buy a $520 membership (Social Club 17, Generation Blue and Bullants Membership) and then still have to pay to get into the ground - why am i paying for a membership?

Support the club you say? Well i can do that for $110 if i couldnt go to the game - but $520 for a product i havent yet recieved is bad form in any business sense.

But, probably the most frustrating thing is - its every year there seems a stuff up. Ive been a me since 98 and not had a year where there wasnt something go wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:26 am 
John Nicholls

Just on memberships and what they get you...

I've got a Social 17 concession...what does that get me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:35 am 
Craig Bradley

phoenix johnson wrote:
Just on memberships and what they get you...

I've got a Social 17 concession...what does that get me?

inregards games

entry to all our home games (& social club), entry to our away games in melbourne. May have to reserve a ticket for some of this games though, but other than that you can just walk up, scan your card at the gate to any game carlton is playing in melbourne

as for all the other crap i.e. sticker, hats etc.. not sure as i dont know what we get this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:37 am 
John Nicholls

Am I restricted to Level 3 if I just walk in?

Am definitely getting a ticket for the Bombers game as i know it will be a ticketed game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:50 am 
Robert Walls

beccarlton05 wrote:

AFL (club support) members are also club members and contribute about as much to the club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:51 am 
Robert Walls

phoenix johnson wrote:

You can get a reserved seat from any ticket window on the day for no extra charge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:57 am 
John Nicholls

BlueWorld wrote:
phoenix johnson wrote:

You can get a reserved seat from any ticket window on the day for no extra charge.

So I can just walk up to a window, ask for a reserved seat on a certain level and not have to hand over any money?

Or did I read that wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:03 am 
Rod Ashman

BlueWorld wrote:
beccarlton05 wrote:

AFL (club support) members are also club members and contribute about as much to the club.

Yes I have Carlton as a Club Support and I beleive $100.00 goes to the club from this every year. So I contribute twice, through choice of course.

Today, when I take a close look at my Baggy Green, as I often do, I see mateship, camaraderie and teamwork, and a sense of belonging. I hope that its legacy lives on and the spirit it provides stays strong. Stephen 'Tugga' Waugh - Never Say Die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:25 am 
Craig Bradley

phoenix johnson wrote:
BlueWorld wrote:
phoenix johnson wrote:

So I can just walk up to a window, ask for a reserved seat on a certain level and not have to hand over any money?

Or did I read that wrong?

yep - but you will have to pay for the reserve ticket fee - $5.50 at TD, cant remember how much at MCG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:27 am 
Craig Bradley

and dont worry PJ

when i looked at the membership

there is only about 4 home games we will have to book, and 2 away games which you wouldnt get even if you are a social gold member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:43 am 
John Nicholls

$5.50?!?! That's bloody cheap.

Looking forward to getting a lot of use out this membership this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:47 am 
Robert Walls

It's gone up to $5.80 this year!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:49 am 
Craig Bradley

and this is what shits me

Post has been today - no membership, nothing.

Rang the club monday - clearly started that i would get it Wednesday or Thursday in the post, and i accepted them at their word.

Once again, just like every other year they @#$%&! everything up so now i have to ring them again and sort out what is happening. :evil:
i mean how flower hard can it be to say - okay he has paid for his membership - no reserved seat - fine, send him out his pack :evil:

I dont care what anyways says - its just not that hard.

The packs would be ready to go - they just have to fill in you details, at the absolute most it would take 5 mins to verify everything.

5 mins = 20 per hour = 160 per day = 800 per week.

4 people = 3200 per week = 12800 per month

mind you - consider the fact that i sent my membership in november almost 4 months ago.

Yes i was the payment plan - but surely they would have everything set up so that once they final payment had been made they would just be able to verify that all payments are through and send through the membership straight away :?

not flower happy jan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:50 am 
Craig Bradley

phoenix johnson wrote:
$5.50?!?! That's bloody cheap.

Looking forward to getting a lot of use out this membership this year.

and that is for games you think you will have to book for.

in most cases last year my father and i went early enough and we didnt have to worry about booking.

only when the stupid AFL decalred the game an all ticketed event and only 40000 turn up :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:57 am 
Rod Ashman

ThePrez wrote:
and this is what shits me

Post has been today - no membership, nothing.

Rang the club monday - clearly started that i would get it Wednesday or Thursday in the post, and i accepted them at their word.

Once again, just like every other year they F@%&#! everything up so now i have to ring them again and sort out what is happening. :evil:
i mean how F@%&#! hard can it be to say - okay he has paid for his membership - no reserved seat - fine, send him out his pack :evil:

I dont care what anyways says - its just not that hard.

The packs would be ready to go - they just have to fill in you details, at the absolute most it would take 5 mins to verify everything.

5 mins = 20 per hour = 160 per day = 800 per week.

4 people = 3200 per week = 12800 per month

mind you - consider the fact that i sent my membership in november almost 4 months ago.

Yes i was the payment plan - but surely they would have everything set up so that once they final payment had been made they would just be able to verify that all payments are through and send through the membership straight away :?

not F@%&#! happy jan

You are 100% right, it's not good enough and I don't know why it's too hard, I'm at a loss.

I feel your pain Scott......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:59 am 
John Nicholls

Scotty, may I suggest making a trip down to the Membership Department and sorting out your problem in person.
I was able to get my membership card on Sunday at the Family Day.
While I didn't recieve the other stuff that you get with the pack, it was the card that I only really cared about.
Filled out the form and it was processed within 5-10 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:05 am 
Rod Ashman

phoenix johnson wrote:
Scotty, may I suggest making a trip down to the Membership Department and sorting out your problem in person.
I was able to get my membership card on Sunday at the Family Day.
While I didn't recieve the other stuff that you get with the pack, it was the card that I only really cared about.
Filled out the form and it was processed within 5-10 minutes.

I'm in the same boat PJ, why should we have to do that? I know it's the last resort but it's inconvienient. Below is the first email sent to me by the club, the standard response:

Hi Rebecca,

Your membership has been renewed, you've had seats allocated, a card has been printed in your name and your pack has been sent to the mailhouse. It's just a matter of the pack reaching you in the mail. I would expect you to have your pack at some stage this week.

So if it's at a 'mailhouse' what's the point of going to the club?

BTW that was sent on Monday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next