Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

club29 wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
I watched the 1st half live and just finished the 2nd half replay.

Damn some of our skills were so, so bad. I know the pressure was huge but :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dropped marks, missed handballs, duff kicks, poor decisions.

Can't fault the attitude, the desire and the intensity, but there is so much improvement in this team, from a simple skills perspective. Can we get it together for two more games???

Regards Cazzesman
A lot of talk about how Melbourne kicking inaccuracy at goal.

I think for ever missed chance they had we cost ourselves 3 goals with disastrous turnovers up the ground.

Poor kicking is not just at goal

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

So true. The Dees should be grateful they got a point added to their score for their bad kicks. We got nothing for ours.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
camel wrote:
And the agony of having the Acres goal reviewed.

Did it actually get reviewed?

I thought it was, but given the craziness of the moment I could have totally invented that in a way to see a win taken away from us again. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue Vain wrote:
missnaut wrote:
Their supporters are so weird.

Their supporters? :lol:
We sat in the Ponsford stand with some Carlton chick screaming at the top of her lungs from the first siren to the last. Absolute @#$%&! fruitcake who diminished the experience for everyone in the bay…

"OH MY GAAAAAAWWWWD AM I WATCHING A @#$%&! CIRCUS?!!!"

But it can't have been the same woman as was next to me, because she got up and left with 3 mins to play. :lol:

Q52, Row X, Seat 17 she was in.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
Caller to SEN summed it up pretty well this morning. The guy who was possibly concussed passes to a first year kid, the sub, who passes it to a guy whose shoulder just popped out. Who passes to a guy who can only use one arm, goal!

Love this.

Carlton courage!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

camel wrote:
CK95 wrote:
camel wrote:
And the agony of having the Acres goal reviewed.

Did it actually get reviewed?

I thought it was, but given the craziness of the moment I could have totally invented that in a way to see a win taken away from us again. :lol:

Technically every goal gets reviewed so you were correct :). But there was none of the standard blah-blah-inconclusive chatter on TV so I guess no one really doubted it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:27 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Asp wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Round 22 was Max Gawn's 2nd lowest rated game of 2023. Friday's Semi-Final has replaced it, rating even lower.

A big reason for that? The impact Marc Pittonet has had, wearing him down physically alongside Tom De Koning throughout the game

Well spotted. Gawn slaughtered Pitto last time, even though we won, but he and TDK responded brilliantly this time and Gawn was largely ineffectual. Melbourne out in straight sets two years in a row - great to see. The longest serving coach to not reach a grand final = Ken Hinkley and they have just extended his contract for 2 years ???

Sorry Asp, but it is on the record ( Buckleys podcast) that in the previous game, round 22, Pitto followed Vossy's instructions to jump into Gawn all game and wear him down allowing TDK to jump over a fatigued Gawn later in quarters. Grundy was useless.

Pitto did his job and Gawn. Gawn had 2 marks. 1 contested. Yep. That's it. Despite having nearly 50 HO's the HO's to advantage were about equal for teams (both teams had 2 ruckmen). Gawn had only 7 kicks at 63% Def. Pitto did the job asked for him. Gawn was ineffective and definitely did not slaughter Pitto. Remember Gawny getting frustrated in the last he grabbed Pitto by the throat, and Pitto just laughed and pushed him back when he let go. Gawn had nothing left. Didnt have any influence on the scoreboard.

Similarly this week, with the exception of Gawn kicking 2 behinds, he had 6 kicks at 64% Def and 2 contested marks.

Well done Pitto. The quiet achiever.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:33 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

CK95 wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:
He would've had to take the shot on an angle, no guarantees he would've kicked it!

Yep, he may have been nervous about the set shot.

He could have at least centered the ball a bit better though :lol: . That was not good for the nerves. I had my head thrown back in shock thinking he'd missed.

Acres said he played on because he "would've 'pooed' my pants taking a set shot". :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:57 pm 
Bruce Doull

The 23 semi. Get used to saying it, will become part of Blues vernacular just like the 99 prelim.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:16 pm 
Robert Walls

Managed to watch the game again In full

A lot of talk about the goals the dee's missed...
We had some fluffs too.

Basically the first half was an arm wrestle,
3rd quarter was basically intercept kick to kick.
Last quarter was kick it to Stephen may which was the big difference which nearly cost us the game.

For me the key misses for dee's were fritsch missing around the corner, and the running one where pickett kicked into the post. Some of the commentators were saying he should have passed it.
Gawns fist of Oliver was tragic, but I don't think a single person was expecting Oliver to make the distance

But Charlie also didn't have the gas from a kick around and wheel from 50 which he would usually hit.
And Kemp missed a really good chance out on full which a different player might have nailed.

Anyway it's all academic dee's choked but we made them win it and they couldn't.

Next week we need to sort out the forward structure and movement or we will get found out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:18 pm 
Wayne Johnston

CK95 wrote:
The 23 semi. Get used to saying it, will become part of Blues vernacular just like the 99 prelim.

More like the 23 raging stiffy amiright?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bondiblue wrote:
Asp wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
Round 22 was Max Gawn's 2nd lowest rated game of 2023. Friday's Semi-Final has replaced it, rating even lower.

A big reason for that? The impact Marc Pittonet has had, wearing him down physically alongside Tom De Koning throughout the game

Well spotted. Gawn slaughtered Pitto last time, even though we won, but he and TDK responded brilliantly this time and Gawn was largely ineffectual. Melbourne out in straight sets two years in a row - great to see. The longest serving coach to not reach a grand final = Ken Hinkley and they have just extended his contract for 2 years ???

Sorry Asp, but it is on the record ( Buckleys podcast) that in the previous game, round 22, Pitto followed Vossy's instructions to jump into Gawn all game and wear him down allowing TDK to jump over a fatigued Gawn later in quarters. Grundy was useless.

Pitto did his job and Gawn. Gawn had 2 marks. 1 contested. Yep. That's it. Despite having nearly 50 HO's the HO's to advantage were about equal for teams (both teams had 2 ruckmen). Gawn had only 7 kicks at 63% Def. Pitto did the job asked for him. Gawn was ineffective and definitely did not slaughter Pitto. Remember Gawny getting frustrated in the last he grabbed Pitto by the throat, and Pitto just laughed and pushed him back when he let go. Gawn had nothing left. Didnt have any influence on the scoreboard.

Similarly this week, with the exception of Gawn kicking 2 behinds, he had 6 kicks at 64% Def and 2 contested marks.

Well done Pitto. The quiet achiever.

Pittonet was magnificent in the last two ruck contests- he won them and ensured that the game was played on our terms and safe.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:57 pm 
Robert Walls

One thing I wanted to highlight was how much more effective our Wings were all night.

Langdon and Hunter are good players, but aside from Langdon getting a cheap goal early, our wings destroyed them.
Docherty, Acres and, later on, Hollands all won big one-on-ones with their opponents, all ran to the right places and didn't stop working.
I know other players rotated through the wong position for both teams, but it highlights that what was a weakness for us last year is suddenly a real strength.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

We won

nothing better than that

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:08 pm 
Geoff Southby

i never thought i'd see anything carlton do, eclipse the 99 prelim.

but the other night, we were dead to rights, and after such a long and painful journey of 23 years, where we came from within the season, the injuries (at one stage only eagles had more injuries - we kept winning) the win streak, the pies, dees, port saints etc all of that.

all the coaches, all the poor culture and weak spirited pea hearts that have soiled the jersey (hello kane lucas) ... and win the way we did. it hasn't been since 1999 that it felt like this old dark navy blue jersey has meant as much to the players, as it does me.

i'll remember that weiters-hollands-doc-acres goal, the final siren and the noise and the song and all the complete strangers hugging it out, i'll remember all of that on my death bed.

sports hey...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:39 pm 
Serge Silvagni

We're Back Baby!

nuff said.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:49 pm 
Craig Bradley

Last qtr biased Blues Radio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5qGEF0ibE4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:49 pm 
Serge Silvagni

my new signature...

Whaddya reckon we start a petition!

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh's 1st goal celebration was what convinced me we'd win. And then the targeting of cripps. First pickett and then gawn crunching him in a marking contest. At half time gawn was mouthing off to a few of our boys and ended it by sticking his tongue out in a real smart ass way. I loved the fact that he ended up costing them the game with that rushed behind. SUCK IT BABY

"His house looked like shit!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:50 pm 
Bruce Doull

Also….

how good were the Motlop goals…?

could’ve easily chunked both…yet took them
on…amazing…!

kindest regards tommi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next