Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:24 am 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
Caller to SEN summed it up pretty well this morning. The guy who was possibly concussed passes to a first year kid, the sub, who passes it to a guy whose shoulder just popped out. Who passes to a guy who can only use one arm, goal!

Don't use the "c" word

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:24 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Allegedly concussed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:29 am 
Serge Silvagni

PRICELESS!

When you put it like that - it was truly "last man standing" stuff!

Can never watch that (the 7 call versions) enough...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:30 am 
Wayne Johnston

jake_h03 wrote:
tommi wrote:

those one ruck duels Pitto had with himself
were excruciating….he lost every one of them…!

My god. I'm still having nightmares of Pitto going in the ruck uncontested and ramming it down the throat of Melbourne players in the clear. I get, he nullified Gawn, but geez he is not swift of mind

Not once, not twice, but THREE times!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:30 am 
Geoff Southby

CK95 wrote:
I love your posts Mr Fenwick :grin:

Me too . Love " Snap's " corny style . Dannyboy is the ultimate wordsmith around here but i reckon Snap is hot on his heals . Reckon Snap is a Dannyboy / Tommi cross .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:45 am 
Ken Hunter

What a crazy night...the voice was a physical thing - a concrete thing, like a slab being poured, the sound just filled your whole body, it made the stands vibrate, it filled the void of the last 20 years, it washed the pain away, the dark years are gone, the light has returned and it was delivered by the voice, the single voice of the bluebagger army....never have I heard such a voice, a primal release of 20 year's disappointment.. it was the voice of a body unclenched, releasing finally the rhythmic movement disorders as we Carlton faithful have rocked ourselves to try and handle the pain...no longer do we rock with pain...we now rock with pleasure...with awe...and for those of us old enough...with memory! Oh sweet voice.,...oh sweet voice...we purged ourselves...we gave our pain wings and we sent it forth...land is found! Land is found...the rain is gone and the world is returning back to the way we remember...or the way we have heard in stories our grandparents have told us...oh we have set forth and found the voice to deliver us...sing my brethren, sing this song...scream the pain away,. revel in the glory...oh what a night! Oh what a night!

Walsh you gun.
Pitto's two sweet taps at the end...Gawn is gone, Gawn is gone!
Crippa the anvil that takes the hammer time and time again
Weiters the iceberg floating in the oval ocean, clam and very very dangerous.
TDK...oh those moments you forget your height and pretend to be the rover...I love them moments!
Cerra is the heart...Doc is the soul!
Acres...@#$%&! me dead Acres how many times can you save and finish, save and finish! Oh sweetest of trades....
There are so many more...so many moments...we dug so deep the Grand canyon has got nothing on our boys!

Yep I'm still floating except...and the more I watch the more the except grows...I know soon I'll be having nightmares of Acres missing that last shot...cos..well cos the more times I watch it the closer that ball gets to hitting the post!And this except more than anything shows how things have turned around...now I dread the bad thing that didn't happen - for twenty odd @#$%&! years I've been dreading the dreams filled with all the good things that didn't happen.

We are back! We are back!

Go Blues!

Last edited by dannyboy on Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:53 am 
Robert Walls

We are back indeed.

Our heart beat is back

Our voice is back

May we remain humble, innocent and connected.

Go get ‘em vossy’s boys

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:41 am 
Wayne Johnston

Amazing footage from behind the goals that show out of the five players closest to our goals in the last minute four were Carlton with Acres being the closest!

https://x.com/carltonfcblues/status/170 ... LCWKzCXtuA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:13 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

17th Premiership wrote:
Fenwick Snap wrote:
Too busy watching replays to post.

Quick thoughts: Walsh BOG - don't argue. Hoping he can maintain this for two more games and be the player of the finals hands down, maybe even a Norm.

Loved Weitering. One opponent not enough, let's bring down that Smith upstart a peg or two, cop a blow to the throat and still deliver a brilliant pass to start the winning-goal-chain, after spoiling the contest from Lever's kick just before that.

Saad quietly and classily went about his business as per usual - he is not easily fazed.

TDK does amazing things to my...sorry, showing my age...but, hey, we were quickly floating into the sewer until he stepped up for our first two goals, then he thought he'd bend down like a rover at game's end when everyone was stuffed and slam the hot ball towards goal and at least kill the clock. Apparently he rucks as well.

Cripps just being Cripps despite being more banged up than he's letting anyone know. C'mon...we know he's gonna tear the oppo a new one as soon as he's right - maybe next year, maybe next week. Still a sorely needed presence.

Motlop - shouldn't need many touches, being a small forward, and doesn't. Took his moments and weren't they crucial.

Hollands - been mentioned already but what a half a quarter (or whatever it was) at the crunch - energy, smarts, finishing, the wisdom of youth - you are Mens Sana in Corpore Sano.

Pitto the slogger - regardless of anything you might have done wrong - and you got a lot right - you got enough body on the absolutely buggered and gawn Gawn to get last touch on that last centre hit out and take a Demon forward entry out of the equation. Why was he buggered? With a little help from TDK (and maybe a broken toe, but whatever...) you destroyed his will to live...well, maybe not that extreme but you wore him out as you do. And you did some other stuff, but you're not...

Acres! Mr Everywhere! How did they not notice you sneaking into the forward pocket at the almost death? You were just having a breather after smashing your shoulder yet again aeons before THAT mark (creating the loudest roar of the game and maybe since Krakatoa) and thinking about making a cuppa when you're called upon again to haul our ar*e out of the fire. Well, if I must...dodgy shoulder and all, you say, and I might even tease with a sloppy way-too-close-to-the-post soft shoe shuffle. And nice delivery, by the way, Doc...

Doc! Does this man eat live scorpions for breakfast? After all he's been through, I suppose a popped shoulder is like a tiptoe through the tulips. Great presence of mind and tough as all get out to run, mark and deliver to the spot when all those around (except Weiters and Ollie) are losing their heads. Legend.

Newman - hardly noticed you...because that's how reliable and efficient you've become - you might be a Weiters one day. What a leap you've made this year.

And everyone else, in their own way, finding a way when our Coleman bagger couldn't clunk it and paper over the cracks as he's done several times this year.

The cracks continue to reveal themselves, and we find ways to seal 'em. All teams have 'em. We're slowly becoming a perfectly rounded and seamless wrecking ball. Here's to the whole seamless bit happening sooner rather than later, and it's obvious that I've incoherently rambled way past my bedtime with metaphors that insist on failing the pub edit test.

Good night and go well, bluebaggers, and go Blues!

I thoroughly enjoyed your ramble (F)FS!
Especially the TDK reference :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TDK reference a beauty!!

Love Fenwick's posts :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:16 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

dannyboy wrote:
What a crazy night...the voice was a physical thing - a concrete thing, like a slab being poured, the sound just filled your whole body, it made the stands vibrate, it filled the void of the last 20 years, it washed the pain away, the dark years are gone, the light has returned and it was delivered by the voice, the single voice of the bluebagger army....never have I heard such a voice, a primal release of 20 year's disappointment.. it was the voice of a body unclenched, releasing finally the rhythmic movement disorders as we Carlton faithful have rocked ourselves to try and handle the pain...no longer do we rock with pain...we now rock with pleasure...with awe...and for those of us old enough...with memory! Oh sweet voice.,...oh sweet voice...we purged ourselves...we gave our pain wings and we sent it forth...land is found! Land is found...the rain is gone and the world is returning back to the way we remember...or the way we have heard in stories our grandparents have told us...oh we have set forth and found the voice to deliver us...sing my brethren, sing this song...scream the pain away,. revel in the glory...oh what a night! Oh what a night!

Walsh you gun.
Pitto's two sweet taps at the end...Gawn is gone, Gawn is gone!
Crippa the anvil that takes the hammer time and time again
Weiters the iceberg floating in the oval ocean, clam and very very dangerous.
TDK...oh those moments you forget your height and pretend to be the rover...I love them moments!
Cerra is the heart...Doc is the soul!
Acres...@#$%&! me dead Acres how many times can you save and finish, save and finish! Oh sweetest of trades....
There are so many more...so many moments...we dug so deep the Grand canyon has got nothing on our boys!

Yep I'm still floating except...and the more I watch the more the except grows...I know soon I'll be having nightmares of Acres missing that last shot...cos..well cos the more times I watch it the closer that ball gets to hitting the post!And this except more than anything shows how things have turned around...now I dread the bad thing that didn't happen - for twenty odd @#$%&! years I've been dreading the dreams filled with all the good things that didn't happen.

We are back! We are back!

Go Blues!

Poetry of the Bluebagger

Heart strings

dannyboy

That's what comes to mind :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:34 am 
Bruce Doull

tommi wrote:
Also….

i know it’s been said a few times already…
but what in the name of mother goose…
were TDK…Acres…McGlayvin and Kemp doing
in the goalsquare at the end there…?

i can almost* explain what Christopher Walken
was doing on the boat with Robert Wagner
and poor Natalie…before i could explain THOSE
four in the forward line…!

kindest regards tommi

* almost…!

Just had to roll all the dice at 5 points down :smoking:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:37 am 
Serge Silvagni

Sydney Blue wrote:
Round 22 was Max Gawn's 2nd lowest rated game of 2023. Friday's Semi-Final has replaced it, rating even lower.

A big reason for that? The impact Marc Pittonet has had, wearing him down physically alongside Tom De Koning throughout the game

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Well spotted. Gawn slaughtered Pitto last time, even though we won, but he and TDK responded brilliantly this time and Gawn was largely ineffectual. Melbourne out in straight sets two years in a row - great to see. The longest serving coach to not reach a grand final = Ken Hinkley and they have just extended his contract for 2 years ???

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:40 am 
Bruce Doull

Wow, what a game and what an experience.

I was totally shellshocked in the stands after the game. In fact, due to the crowd noise and/or my mental state I don’t actually recall the siren sounding. Even with the crowd going off its nut, it took a while to sink in that we’d actually won. It wasn’t until I registered that our players were celebrating and their players were flat on the ground in disappointment that I understood what had just happened!

I watched a replay yesterday, which was pre-recorded on Foxtel, and even it struggled with the game as the recording cut out just before *that* Acres goal! I had to watch a streamed replay to get the end of the game, haha.

There was so much to admire about the game and the way we played and, clearly, a lot to dislike. Our turnovers were diabolical at some stages and the 3rd quarter in particular was almost comical how badly we turned over the ball. The only consolation was they were just as bad as us. I guess we put that down to the intense pressure around the contest from both teams. As a contest it was awesome, less so as an advertisement for the game.

The way one’s mind can pinball around with conclusions in such small moments of time is amazing. From where I was sitting up in the nosebleeds when Viney got his kick out you could see an open Melbourne F50 with at least one, perhaps two Demons goal side and it was a feeling of dread, but then somehow his kick went straight to Weiters, then you see Ollie and then Doc and the our open F50… but could we string that together, given how badly we’d executed our skills previously. But we did. When it mattered the most, we delivered.

And the agony of having the Acres goal reviewed. It was impossible to tell from my spot whether we could be confident of the goal, so just had to wait. And of course, with no countdown clock at the ground, I didn’t really know how much time was left after the goal was scored.

I was shaking at the end of the game, was finding it difficult to breathe and take in the moment. Wojee was sitting in the next bay over and came over for a quick chat. It would have been 10 minutes after the game finished, I reckon. I was still struggling to take it all in.

Can’t @#$%&! believe it! The will to win, coupled with an actual ability to win, is something to behold. There will be heartbreak for this team again no doubt, whether that’s next week or some other time. But, for now, we can only revel in this new found ability to find a way to win.

GO BLUES!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:45 am 
Bruce Doull

Humpers wrote:
Doesn't matter now but it was silly of Acres to play on and kick the goal. He should have taken 30 seconds off the clock.

Easy to say after the fact I reckon, and you're absolutely right, but the intensity and frenetic nature of the moment was huge and playing on also made total sense. Get the goal/lead first, then worry about keeping it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:46 am 
Harry Vallence

He would've had to take the shot on an angle, no guarantees he would've kicked it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:51 am 
Bruce Doull

79Vintage wrote:
Wrote in the talking players section a small commentary on Sam Walsh.
Two stellar final's performances.
Cometh the moment, cometh the man!
Sam played in the spirit of Wayne 'the dominator' Johnston!
Sam's new nickname is the dominator!
Two more finals efforts Dom!

:clap:

Agreed. He has shown another level these past two weeks. Absolutely immense. What a bloody gun. You sense H&A games are bit beneath him, which is a daft comment to make in a way, but his performances in the two finals show he is capable of so much more.

There's still @#$%&! numpties on socials banging on about Rozee being better, yes, even AFTER Port lost and Rozee did @#$%&! all: "Anyone who knows footy knows that all 18 list managers would take Rozee over Walsh!" :lol:

FMD. They can have him! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:52 am 
Bruce Doull

Traveller86 wrote:
He would've had to take the shot on an angle, no guarantees he would've kicked it!

Yep, he may have been nervous about the set shot.

He could have at least centered the ball a bit better though :lol: . That was not good for the nerves. I had my head thrown back in shock thinking he'd missed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:53 am 
Bruce Doull

Ghost of PrincesPark wrote:
How many of us thought we were utterly shot with 5 minutes to go and Oliver and Pickett taking shots?

When Gawn took that mark in the pocket, I thought, how does this guy keep standing up (literally and metaphorically) … I thought it was destiny that he would convert the goal. And Pickett's kick, into an open square also looked a certainty.

Sucks to be them! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:53 am 
Bruce Doull

You've summed up the absolute blur there very well camel. Glad your trip to Melbs was awesome though :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:55 am 
Bruce Doull

camel wrote:
And the agony of having the Acres goal reviewed.

Did it actually get reviewed?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next