Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Finals Tickets
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

peabody wrote:
Something jumped out to me in the club email.

"While the club would like to provide access to all 95,277 of its valued members....the competing teams' Grand Final ticketing allocation from the AFL is 17,000 for each competing club"

I knew the AFL sold off a lot of tickets to the GF to non-fans/corporates/etc, but holy cow! 2/3rds of the crowd are non-members! Ridiculous.

Not defending the AFL but a large chunk would be MCC and AFL members who earned their entitlement.

It's probably more like 40% sold off.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:05 pm 
Wayne Johnston

camel wrote:
peabody wrote:

"While the club would like to provide access to all 95,277 of its valued members....the competing teams' Grand Final ticketing allocation from the AFL is 17,000 for each competing club"

I knew the AFL sold off a lot of tickets to the GF to non-fans/corporates/etc, but holy cow! 2/3rds of the crowd are non-members! Ridiculous.

Yep, and am I right in thinking that all P1 members who register WILL get a ticket. So I guess that means we have fewer than 17,000 P1 members???

It would be interesting to get the breakdown by numbers of our 95K members into P1, P2, P3 and DNQ.

No, if there are more than 17000 P1 members then some will miss out. Remember some of the 17000 will also go to other club eligibles such as the three game packages that were sold out over Friday night and Saturday morning.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:06 pm 
Ken Hunter

missnaut wrote:
Yeah the $5.50 charge is ridiculous. You should at least be able to nominate some categories too.

Collingwood members had to pay $6 for some reason.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:07 pm 
Wayne Johnston

kezza wrote:
missnaut wrote:
Yeah the $5.50 charge is ridiculous. You should at least be able to nominate some categories too.

Collingwood members had to pay $6 for some reason.

They need to pay for the extra false teeth in the package

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:09 pm 
Ken Hunter

peabody wrote:

It is a joke.
That is why the club has to cap the number of high level priority one membership types, such as Captains Club to 17,000.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

sinbagger wrote:
camel wrote:
peabody wrote:

Yep, and am I right in thinking that all P1 members who register WILL get a ticket. So I guess that means we have fewer than 17,000 P1 members???

It would be interesting to get the breakdown by numbers of our 95K members into P1, P2, P3 and DNQ.

No, if there are more than 17000 P1 members then some will miss out. Remember some of the 17000 will also go to other club eligibles such as the three game packages that were sold out over Friday night and Saturday morning.

The club is only allowed to sell up to 17,000 P1 memberships. It is advertised as guaranteed. Collingwood got into trouble years ago when they had more members in that category. The ACCC got involved.
Everyone who has a guaranteed membership is guaranteed to get a ticket if they register correctly.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

sinbagger wrote:
camel wrote:
peabody wrote:

The club info states tickets for P1 members who register is guaranteed:

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/finals/grand-final

Quote:
PRIORITY ONE – GUARANTEED*

Membership Types – Legends Lounge, Carltonians Coterie, Carltonian Bays 2/2, Carltonian Bays 2/3, Captains Club Reserved, Members Zone with Captains Club, MCC with Captains Club, Marvel Stadium upgrade with Captains Club, Captains Club add-on members and 50+ year members who do not have a Grand Final guarantee.
Registration Time – 8am – 12pm AEST on allocated day.

* Any Legends Lounge, Carltonians Coterie, Carltonian Bays 2/2, Carltonian Bays 2/3, Captains Club Reserved, Members Zone with Captains Club, MCC with Captains Club, Marvel Stadium upgrade with Captains Club, Captains Club add-on members and 50+ year members who do not register in the designated time frame or instead elect to register within the Priority Two or Priority Three time frame will have waived their right to a guaranteed ticket. It does not matter what time you register during the designated timeframe as all registrations will be randomised to determine the order in which tickets will be allocated.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:15 pm 
Ken Hunter

camel wrote:
peabody wrote:

Correct.
Hence why there is a waiting list on those higher level membership types.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

My daughter registered for me as I was at work this morning.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

Some general info on GF tickets…

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1008964/pri ... als-series
https://www.afl.com.au/tickets/grand-final

The second link has access to a couple of PDFs, which is where the screenshot about allocations came from.

Attachments:
Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 2.19.25 pm.png
Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 2.19.25 pm.png [ 475.4 KiB | Viewed 4203 times ]
Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 2.16.34 pm.png
Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 2.16.34 pm.png [ 148.65 KiB | Viewed 4203 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:24 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
camel wrote:
peabody wrote:

Correct.

I went on the waiting list LAST year, for that reason, and I was just under 1000th in the queue.

I really thought we had a genuine chance to make the GF in 2023.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

This is from the email I got from Ticketek after registering:
'Priority 1 Member Allocation - There are sufficient tickets to cover all members in this group who register. Should Carlton play, you will be allocated a ticket (subject to payment being approved and ticket preference selected at time of registration)'.

Of course, this is all irrelevant if we don't beat the Brions.
Go Blues!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:56 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Wonder how many priority 2 members will get tix and how many if any at all will be left over for priority 3?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:15 pm 
Bruce Doull

rhino27 wrote:
Wonder how many priority 2 members will get tix and how many if any at all will be left over for priority 3?

Not many, and none.

That's my guess???

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:26 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

My guess is the same as yours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:47 pm 
Ken Hunter

kezza wrote:
camel wrote:
peabody wrote:

Correct.
We have AFL memberships and got the CC reserved bay add on this year, because we thought we would have AFL Gold by now and we're still years off.

We also wanted to be able to sit with just Carlton fans after Rd 23 last year...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:47 pm 
Ken Hunter

camel wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

Not many, and none.

That's my guess???
If GWS make it surely they don't use their allocation.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:05 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

kezza wrote:
camel wrote:
peabody wrote:

Correct.

Is that right?
My 20 something nephew bought his first ever membership this year (I bought him a couple of junior ones when he was little) and he was able buy himself a priority one membership.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:06 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

peabody wrote:

I think the competing clubs got a lot less back in the 90s. Guess membership levels were a lot lower back then so from a proportionate viewpoint, probably about the same as it was then.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

sinbagger wrote:
camel wrote:
peabody wrote:

No - Priority 1 are guaranteed. Those memberships are capped at a certain point.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next