Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:46 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 110  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:02 am 
John James

AGRO wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
Whateley gushing about Voss on SEN.

Boiled lollies to chocolates. Go figure.

Regards Cazzesman

Whatley’s turnaround in his attitude to Carlton in one week is Brian Cook - the obsequious prick doesn’t want to cut off any relationship that may cost him a story down the track.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:42 am 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
jim wrote:
How is it inspiring outside of the novelty of having a new coach.

You can have all that but means nothing if you struggle in the coaches box.

We had to rummage through the $2 bin to find the last experienced coach.

His winning record is worse than Teague's and he set Brisbane back years.

He may be better this time round but why risk it? I would've taken the easy solution and looked for an upgrade, which is what you do if you change coach.

It's not about the easy solution it's about picking the right person. You just don't take that risk.

Have a look at each and every bitter sentence above.
Is this a balanced view? Is this the prose of someone bitter and twisted?

Have a listen to the football world. You're on your own jim. The last jeer.

Have a good think why Teague got SACKED. Everyone knows why. Started well then the facade was broken down by our opponents...got worse and worse.

$2 bin...very nice welcoming jim ... to a legend of the game.

You've judged him before he even starts...how do you know he's not the right solution Nostradamus?

This guy is about connection and care. There's a challenge ahead of him, just as there would be for any new coach. He will change the narrative for the better. The players now have a coach, not a mate.

The club went through a thorough process. Kingsley has missed out 5 times that I can recall, ditto Voss. Both have reached the last 2. You weren't at any of the interviews but find it comfortable to degrade his achievement whilst you also degrade your club.

This post is a disgrace. Its not an honest opinion. Its too bitter to be honest or reasonable.

Like I said a few days back...let go of your hate for the club, and of sacking of Teague. Teague failed and consequently sacked. He's gone.

We are all moving forward.

Voss was unanimously selected. He was selected by the likes of Williams, Parkin, Kinnersly, Cook.....you know better than them?

Listen to the players like reigning Brownlow Medallist, Ollie Wines and what he says about Voss. Look at what he's done for the Port midfield group...Boak in his 30's, players who were on their last legs.

Voss moves hearts and minds. He has a huge job to do. Cook will improve the club culture and support around the coach and players. We all know that.

Sayers has put the right people in the important seats because he wants best practise and a high performance environment. The Review must have found some shortfalls. He's done something about it. Already, without a ball being bounced, we look a better club and sound like we have stepped up another level.

Like you said "only hinsight will tell us [if he's the right choice]", yet you have written him off before he starts. Get a grip.

Put your rotten tomatoes back in the bin, where they belong. Wash your mouth and pay some respect to the process we have craved for, for the last 2 decades, and give the man a go.

Good one mate.

Wel said mate , it’s time to be positive , and there is people at the club genuinely trying to turn this great club around , and it’s now time for players to join the party and show what they are made of

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:43 am 
Rod Ashman

If Vossy can deliver Number 17, he will join an elite group of Premiership Captains who have also been Premiership Coaches:
R. Barassi
J. Nichols
A. Jesaulenko
D. Parkin
L. Matthews
I'm sure there are others from before my time.

Go Blues!
All the best Vossy!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:02 am 
Stephen Kernahan

keogh wrote:
The first thing Voss should do is make Weitering captain and Walsh his deputy
Let’s hope he has learnt from his mistakes

And most importantly how will he be innovative
Time will tell
Sayers always wanted a big name

Personally I would have gone for Kingsley

What part of his presentation or numerous interviews led you to that decision?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:26 am 
John Nicholls

17th Premiership wrote:
robertbb wrote:
My Masters' supervisor once told me:

"To fully understand a problem, one must first unsuccessfully implement a solution."

Why? I asked

"Because only once you've figured out why your first attempt didn't work, have you grasped what is required. The next attempt should be bang on point. v2.0 is always bette than v1.0 (or even 1.1 service pack 12)".

What followed was hard yards of reflection, dissection and a second attempt that ultimately got the desired outcome.

He's done the reflection and the dissection at a club with a fantastic culture and has learned from a master in Ken Hinkley. He can only be better for it.

Wishing Vossy all the best in his role as head coach v2.0.

Was that just you on SEN?? Approx 3:40pm with Bob & Andy??

Wasn't me. Why, what was said??? Did they read TC and plagiarise my comment? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:38 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

With having two of the greatest ever midfielders at the club Voss and Williams as well as a fairly handy Luke Power
Surely they can fix the midfield

Ranked 16th in Clearances Per Game
Ranked 16th in Tackles Per Game
Ranked 15th in least Opponent Tackles Per Game
Ranked 16th in least Opponent Clearances Per Game
Ranked 16th in Team to Opponent Tackles Per Game Diff.
Ranked 16th in Team to Opponent Clearances Per Game Diff.

As you can see by the two teams playing tomorrow the game is won and lost in the midfield

With these guys at the helm surely this is one area of the game we can get right

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:41 am 
John Nicholls

keogh wrote:

When you get a moment, dude, since you were in the room for all the interviews, could you please provide your assessment of Kingsley's presentation vis-a-vis Voss's?

I'm particularly interested in what his thoughts were around cleaning up our defensive transition and our work around stoppage.

This is why I love TC. It's the real "inside scoop".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:46 am 
Robert Walls

Kane Cornes shared a perspective this morning which i thought was useful (Voss was on the coaching panel during his last year as a PA player)
1) walks in the room has presence - mighty competitor
2) will benefit from an experienced strategist

My view - Get the right team around Vossy and let the competitor do what he does best

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:47 am 
Stephen Kernahan

robertbb wrote:
keogh wrote:

When you get a moment, dude, since you were in the room for all the interviews, could you please provide your assessment of Kingsley's presentation vis-a-vis Voss's?

I'm particularly interested in what his thoughts were around cleaning up our defensive transition and our work around stoppage.

Bit harsh mate. Keogh is the best hindsight drafter and all round decision maker we have on this site. I trust his opinion to make the right decision years after the fact more than almost anyone. He has gone a lot earlier than usual this time - normally this sort of thing would pop up during a three game losing stretch in August 2022 - but he has the runs on the board so we should let him be.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:50 am 
Ken Hunter

I actually agree with keogh re the captaincy. Let Cripps and Docherty focus on their form and health.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:50 am 
Ken Hunter

Heavs wrote:
robertbb wrote:
keogh wrote:

Bit harsh mate. Keogh is the best hindsight drafter and all round decision maker we have on this site. I trust his opinion to make the right decision years after the fact more than almost anyone. He has gone a lot earlier than usual this time - normally this sort of thing would pop up during a three game losing stretch in August 2022 - but he has the runs on the board so we should let him be.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was very good Heavs. :thumbsup:

Damn we are tough audience in grumpy old 'covid world'. :yikes:

Regards Cazzesman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:03 am 
Harry Vallence

I think that it was clear from the last round of interviews before Teague was appointed that the club believed that Voss was the right candidate, yet fell for the romance and media pressure for Teague.

Sayers hoped for Clarkson as he has the runs on the board and would be a low risk appointment, however when it was clear that Clarkson was taking a year off, then Voss was the man and only needed Cook to ratify the appointment.

I am happy with the appointment and would love the club to get Ayres on board, but even then the assistant coaches will be critical for Voss to succeed.

Kennet and Hawthorn knew this and surrounded Clarko with the best in the business, it's no wonder that so many of them are now senior coaches.

I hope that Sayers understands this and doesn't think that because he has the CEO and Coach appointed that the job is done, no doubt Cook will make sure that its done.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:13 am 
Bruce Comben

To all the "i would have chosen Kingsley people"

HOW THE HELL DID YOU COME TO THAT CONCLUSION??

The one person i think we can trust in all this is PARKIN!!

i am backing him in.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:13 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Leigh Matthews once said the most important factor in becoming a successful coach was your timing when it comes to taking the job. All the prerequisites for success need to be in place to allow you to do your job.

Voss may one day reflect on missing out post Bolton and realise that by becoming coach at this time he inherited a far better list at a far more stable and financially solid club and that it was those things that helped him win five flags in a row as a coach.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:17 am 
Horrie Clover

Steve_C7 wrote:
I am happy with the appointment and would love the club to get Ayres on board
Gary Ayres has recently signed on as senior coach with Montrose FC so I doubt he would be leaving this role so soon after signing on with them for next season.

https://www.montrosefc.org.au/new-senior-coach/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:24 am 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
keogh wrote:
The first thing Voss should do is make Weitering captain and Walsh his deputy
Let’s hope he has learnt from his mistakes

And most importantly how will he be innovative
Time will tell
Sayers always wanted a big name

What part of his presentation or numerous interviews led you to that decision?

was thinking he same thing...I'd have gone for Kingsley because....?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:34 am 
Wayne Johnston

missnaut wrote:
I actually agree with keogh re the captaincy. Let Cripps and Docherty focus on their form and health.

I’m not sure I’d push Walsh into the VC position just yet, give it to someone like Ed Curnow for a year or so and let Walsh just play.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:54 am 
Bruce Doull

sinbagger wrote:
missnaut wrote:

I’m not sure I’d push Walsh into the VC position just yet, give it to someone like Ed Curnow for a year or so and let Walsh just play.

Ed mightn't get a game if/when Hewett arrives.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:57 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

If not Wietering then JSOS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:23 am 
Ken Hunter

I am pretty upbeat about this appointment.
Voss clearly wanted to coach again and the fact he has left his family in SA with no idea when he will be able to return there shows how committed he is.
Going by other social media sites yesterday the overall feeling is a positive one.
I would imagine some of the players, especially the younger ones, would be a bit overawed when they first meet him.
Fingers crossed we finally have got it right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 110  Next