Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:37 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yes an indictment on coaching group and players

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:49 pm 
Bob Chitty

@#$%&! clarkson. who needs him. toot toot.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

Walsh wrote:
Who was the last experienced premiership coach that went to another club and won a flag.

Probably get in the eight with Clarko with a healthy list as would Teague.

Malthouse. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:36 pm 
Craig Bradley

Let’s see how we go in the next 3 weeks there is always a north performance around the corner with this team

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:50 am 
Geoff Southby

Well I didn’t get as down last week as others nor does this win change much.

St Kilda were as bad tonight as we were v North, and we reverted more back to how we’d been previous 4 weeks before last weeks debacle.

No coincidence we actually had some tall forwards out there tonight.

If we don’t have TDK rest of the season, we will struggle to win another game. JSOS be expected to do what he did tonight week in week out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:15 am 
Rod Ashman

Lots of egg on faces tonight. Teague has the players. That is clear. We have been hit big time by injuries. No ruckmen left. Let's see what the next few weeks bring. We finished 7-10 last year. We are 8-11 now. Finish on 11-11 and we have definitely improved. Not as quick as we would like I admit. JSOS, Dow, Kennedy and McKay have clearly improved. Weitering is the best CHB in the league and Walsh the best player. Add a fit Charlie Curnow, Cripps and Docherty and we will get somewhere. We need to find a ruckman though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:02 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The thing that might save him is the fact he is contracted for 2022.

Can we afford to pay him out and get Clarkson and some decent assistants and remain in soft cap?

With the way the game is going, good assistants are critical. Clarkson needed and had good assistants - Hardwick, Simpson, Beveridge to name a few. Those appointments are also critical.

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:18 am 
Stephen Kernahan

CarltonClem wrote:
Can we afford to pay him out and get Clarkson and some decent assistants and remain in soft cap?

Clarkson’s deal with Hawthorn means every dollar we pay him comes off his payout.

If he really wants to coach us next year he could come to us and say “I’m happy for a one year contract at $1. Hawthorn would then have to stump up the other $899,999. He could then have a follow up contract for future years where he hasn’t stressed our soft cap and Teague is paid out and long gone.

If he wants say $1 million for his first year then he’s asking his new club for $1 million and Hawthorn don’t put up a cent.

In short it makes no sense for him to ask us to pay him as he doesn’t get to keep the Hawthorn money if we do. Instead, by getting the Hawks to cover next year he gives us and himself an immediate advantage.

Wouldn’t surprise me if this is the play all along.

Being Clarkson my sense is he’d also enjoy getting one last boot into Jeff on the way out.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:50 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

GWS wrote:
CarltonClem wrote:

Clarkson’s deal with Hawthorn means every dollar we pay him comes off his payout.

If he really wants to coach us next year he could come to us and say “I’m happy for a one year contract at $1. Hawthorn would then have to stump up the other $899,999. He could then have a follow up contract for future years where he hasn’t stressed our soft cap and Teague is paid out and long gone.

If he wants say $1 million for his first year then he’s asking his new club for $1 million and Hawthorn don’t put up a cent.

In short it makes no sense for him to ask us to pay him as he doesn’t get to keep the Hawthorn money if we do. Instead, by getting the Hawks to cover next year he gives us and himself an immediate advantage.

Wouldn’t surprise me if this is the play all along.

Being Clarkson my sense is he’d also enjoy getting one last boot into Jeff on the way out.

Love the insight.

Great posy GWS. Food for Thought.

Still cannot visualise Clarkson at Carlton. Just doesn't sit well.
He has been abused non stop by Carlton fans since his Coward Punched Aitken.
I bet he can visualise being booed by some Carlton fans from day one.
He knows he's hated. He's no dummy. He knows all about hate.

I don't think Kennett gives a stuff about much at all. He only thinks of the fight, not the stains it leaves.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:28 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Reading between the lines of his presser yesterday, his payout from Hawks is conditional on not working elsewhere next year. But he gets paid over two years @~$450pa.

So we'd have to offer him more than that per year to be worthwhile.

I'd offer him Lloyd's job on a one year deal to get the lie of the land and make a start on structural/cultural changes.
Teague sees out next year under instruction from Clarko and then beyond that depends on how it works out. Most likely Clarkson becomes coach in 23.
Teague might not like having his wings clipped but he should consider himself lucky to survive the current situation.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:52 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Just looking at our injury list and I reckon 5 at best would come in to last night's team....Williams, a ruckman, Marchbank (dreaming) Cuningham, Docherty maybe.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:54 am 
Banned

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Just looking at our injury list and I reckon 5 at best would come in to last night's team....Williams, a ruckman, Marchbank (dreaming) Cuningham, Docherty maybe.

Williams, Docherty, Pittonet, Betts, Gibbons, Cunningham, Marchbank, Setterfield are starting 22 players when fit and in form.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:18 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Williams, Docherty, Pittonet, Betts, Gibbons, Cunningham, Marchbank, Setterfield are starting 22 players when fit and in form.

No thanks on Betts, Gibbons and Setterfield. I'd say after start we saw from Honey last night, Betts won't go again.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:22 am 
Geoff Southby

Walsh wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Gibbons and setters, no. Who would they replace in the current side?

An actually fit Gov could be quite handy with both Harry and Charlie in the team.

Williams and docherty would come in for Williamson and either Newman or Newnes respectively.

Pittonet definitely would be in.

Shame Cuningham got injured after the promise he showed when he came in earlier in the season.

Marchbank will be delisted at years end.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:31 am 
Banned

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

No thanks on Betts, Gibbons and Setterfield. I'd say after start we saw from Honey last night, Betts won't go again.

Gibbons and Setterfield are AFL standard players when fit and in form

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:51 am 
Bruce Doull

But just not very good ones.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:09 pm 
Banned

CK95 wrote:
But just not very good ones.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Good enough for depth and apply pressure for positions.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:33 pm 
Bert Deacon

keep teague and add new assistants ,get some injured players back and hopefully recruit and trade well and we are onto September in 2022. Plus we save $$$$$

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Docherty hasn't fallen off the cliff.

He made a few untypical mistakes and dropped marks this year, after his cancer treatment over the preseason, but despite missing for last 5 weeks, still ahead of any other Blue with marks and metres gained. He was an AA and has endured an interrupted run at it this year, doing his shoulder in the 2nd quarter of round 1. Respect.

Otherwise I'd agree with that.

I like Honey a lot, love Philp, and know Kemp is already better than Williamson and Newman, and if he stays in the backline, probably take Plowman's role, if Marchbank gets cut before he recovers from his ACL, and who knows, Plow may take the role on a small forwards of HBF in better match ups than those in the 3rd tall role.

Gov can be anything, and he's proving that right thus far, coming to the Blues with high expectations and a few highlights.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Walsh wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Walsh wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Gibbons and Setterfield are AFL standard players when fit and in form

Absolutely, but not in a Top 8 team imo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174 ... 266  Next