Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:27 am 
Harry Vallence

Best of luck Mr John Barker.

Please give Graham a full game.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:23 am 
Bruce Doull

moshe25 wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Barker taking over :lol: :lol: :lol:

See, I don't get this.

How can anyone know?

Don't they like his media work?

He could be the greatest or worst coach of all time. Who the @#$%&! would know on this site?

Spot on.. I agree with Cimm about something.. Wow. :grin:

I read that at first as, "He could be the greatest worst coach of all time."

Gee, way to encourage the guy. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:23 am 
Bruce Doull

Has an interim coach ever been sakced?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:25 am 
Bruce Doull

I'm sure barker will be giving this his everything. I'm also sure the players would be behind him.

it was a terribly confusing and traumatising period for them brought upon by the board and coach

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:29 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

moshe25 wrote:
MIL wrote:
Wow....just wow. Barks as senior coach. The bloke is a level 4 certified coach, but gee he's been very average as our Back and Fwd coach you'd have to say.

Matters nought anyway, as purely a caretaker role. At least he's a zany funster sorta dude, so the boys can relax and smile again until the real coach arrives :thumbsup:

Bomber, Boldon, Stewie or Ratts in that order for mine.

Bomber!!???? Are you fer real?? Lock up your wives and daughters and hide the.... er.... white stuff.

Bomber worked in a great system. He left along with their best player and a rookie coach won a flag the very next year. He wouldn't have a Costa or a Cook or a Wells or a Balme here. Just a Loguiduce and a Trigg and a... um.. no-one and a McKay. LOL.

And no Gazz or Bartel or Scarlett or Ling or Harley or Taylor or Corey OR Enright or Mackie or Hawkins or Stevie J or Kelly.... Wow, I'm out of breath and I haven't even started on their B graders..... NO Mooney or Milburn or Lonergan or Stokes...

So, exactly why wouldn't he be a good coach of Carlton ? Did the Geelong he side he started off with coach and develop themselves ?

So on your logic, no successful coach will work at Carlton, as our list is shite ?

Hmmmm.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:51 am 
Bruce Doull

Can you all lay off Barker and focus on what really needs to be done?
Can't believe the mentality of people

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:57 am 
Harry Vallence

All, give this guy a go.

They picked him over LaIdley due to laidleys coaching style being similar to micks.

brock on sen today said the players were more suited to the ratten gp. l am hoping barker brings this. This willmost likely suit the boakehoret, tutt, docherty, Armfield, whiley and yarran types so much more. Should give our forwards some space in the forward line with quick delivery.

All for playing the kids that deserve a game. Not playing just because they are young. The goal is still to win. Dont want a losing culture like melbourne for yrs.

Lets enjoy the rest of the yr and hopefully have a few wins

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:59 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

the board as it is, is already setting Barker up for spectacular failure. they haven't replaced his defensive coach duties, so in effect he's taking on the new role and he's meant to still coach the backline.

So in effect they're asking a rookie coach to take a team in the interim and they're not supplying him with any supplementary staff.

classic carlton.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:58 am 
Stephen Kernahan

His was the most logical appointment.
Even laidley's fans won't claim that he will lift the mood around the place.
There are low expectations.

Play on, take a chance, run and bounce. You won't get penalised for haveing a go.
And tackle.

It's not that difficult.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:14 am 
Bruce Doull

MIL wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
MIL wrote:
Wow....just wow. Barks as senior coach. The bloke is a level 4 certified coach, but gee he's been very average as our Back and Fwd coach you'd have to say.

Matters nought anyway, as purely a caretaker role. At least he's a zany funster sorta dude, so the boys can relax and smile again until the real coach arrives :thumbsup:

Bomber, Boldon, Stewie or Ratts in that order for mine.

Bomber!!???? Are you fer real?? Lock up your wives and daughters and hide the.... er.... white stuff.

Bomber worked in a great system. He left along with their best player and a rookie coach won a flag the very next year. He wouldn't have a Costa or a Cook or a Wells or a Balme here. Just a Loguiduce and a Trigg and a... um.. no-one and a McKay. LOL.

And no Gazz or Bartel or Scarlett or Ling or Harley or Taylor or Corey OR Enright or Mackie or Hawkins or Stevie J or Kelly.... Wow, I'm out of breath and I haven't even started on their B graders..... NO Mooney or Milburn or Lonergan or Stokes...

So, exactly why wouldn't he be a good coach of Carlton ? Did the Geelong he side he started off with coach and develop themselves ?

So on your logic, no successful coach will work at Carlton, as our list is shite ?

Hmmmm.

Do not want that jittery prick anywhere near Carlton. My ex-wife is more stable than him and she's legit cray-cray.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:20 am 
Bruce Doull

Yeah, I used to be a Bomber Thompson fan, but he undid a lot of good work in the way he moved from Geelong to Essendon*. I think that was very poor form.

Moreover, I think we need to be looking ahead with our next coach, not backwards.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:23 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Braithy wrote:
the board as it is, is already setting Barker up for spectacular failure. they haven't replaced his defensive coach duties, so in effect he's taking on the new role and he's meant to still coach the backline.

So in effect they're asking a rookie coach to take a team in the interim and they're not supplying him with any supplementary staff.

classic carlton.

Watch the backline improve while no one is in charge.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:47 am 
formerly King Kenny

Braithy wrote:

classic carlton.

All he needs to say is:

Beat your opponent and attack the corridor.

KISS

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:48 am 
Bruce Doull

ACDC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:12 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

We're on a highway to hell?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

It's a long way to the top?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:11 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

King Kenny wrote:
Braithy wrote:

classic carlton.

All he needs to say is:

Beat your opponent and attack the corridor.

KISS

this excites me greatly!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:27 pm 
Garry Crane

John Barker. Proving that success is a matter of holding on until everyone else has let go.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

All the assistant Coaches need to go by end of year... They have proven to be nothing but useless... How else can u explain their tactics and team selections?

Johnny Barker is part of that group that has produced the worst Defence in AFL history... beyond a Joke to even call it a Defence.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:51 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Assistants follow direction of Malthouse, who has been notorious in this regard.. Our defence hasn't done to bad considering the ball is in there so regularly without any pressure from upfield.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 37  Next