Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Hope..............??
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:37 am 
Rod Ashman

What are the mixed messages people are hearing from the club? I'd say there's a lack of detail, but I'm not getting mixed messages.

-We have a poor list and are rebuilding.
-Rebuilding doesn't have to mean constant losses. The club still want Mick to aim for wins each time we run out onto the field.
-Malthouse will see out his contract.

These are about the only messages I've heard from the club, and while some people might be confused by the statement that we're rebuilding but the expectation that we aim to win each weekend too, if you can tell the difference between rebuilding and tanking it shouldn't be that hard to understand.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:42 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

We need to be hopeless...it's our only hope... :grin:

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:44 am 
Bruce Doull

We need Obi Wan.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:57 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

cecil89 wrote:
What are the mixed messages people are hearing from the club? I'd say there's a lack of detail, but I'm not getting mixed messages.

-Rebuilding doesn't have to mean constant losses. The club still want Mick to aim for wins each time we run out onto the field.

These are about the only messages I've heard from the club, and while some people might be confused by the statement that we're rebuilding but the expectation that we aim to win each weekend too, if you can tell the difference between rebuilding and tanking it shouldn't be that hard to understand.

I get the feeling they know they need to bottom out but we are in such a perilous financial predicament they dont want the stigma of 'bottoming out' to leak and affect sales so ..... they concoct some weird kind of smokescreen that is easily seen through by all and sundry. When the flawed statements are called out the resulting damage control is a partial admission that we are rebuilding without bottoming out. The scramble to protect the compromised cover story by adding another confusing cover story seems very 1970's and most see through it immediately, the press starts pulling it apart.

Now we are in no-mans land. It seems like one of those situations where everyone can prove that technically they are right.....but you still feel screwed over regardless.

My only hope is that this nothing we seem to be in is buying us time for a real plan that is playing out in the background. I wont hold my breath.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:28 am 
Bruce Doull

2ndeffort wrote:
jimmae wrote:
It is great news 2nd, I'm just worried about what this new F/S valuation method is going to do to our first pick.

Yep wouldn't that be the great irony, having to give up pick#1 on a FS selection. If SOSOS is a decent prospect, from a marketing perspective alone the club would have to think very long and hard about picking him up. To see him becoming a champ at another club would be a tragedy for Carlton. The irony of Geelong getting Ablett, Hawkins and co for lower picks then us having to use a 1st rounder

Is he bottom aged? Maybe have his dad convince him to play a 2nd year of TAC cup.

I believe there is a system in place for using future draft picks, and we can always trade a 2nd round pick in to offset the costs to a satisfactory point.

Live trading on draft day would fix this immeasurably though.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

Post subject: Hope..............??
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:34 am 
Craig Bradley

cecil89 wrote:

This x 1 billion...... WADA Needs to involve the AFL again, redirect the Nellies back to the Cheats thread

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:46 pm 
Rod Ashman

Our supporters let the Herald Sun and Journalists run our club agenda.
Our club has held the line on the deciding the coaching position until the end of the year
We as supporters have jumped up and down faced with knee jerk reactions to coaching appointments and then when the club runs a rational process, we turn.
Supporters send a clear message to "stop the quick fixes" and backs that up with the appointment of a list manager and admits to a rebuild but won't afford the club a degree of patience.
Robbo is anti-carlton. of course he is calling for Malthouse's resignation because it would undermine the club's consistent agenda and keep Essendon* off the back page.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

insert clever statement here ..

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

Michael Jezz wrote:
Our club has held the line on the deciding the coaching position until the end of the year
We as supporters have jumped up and down faced with knee jerk reactions to coaching appointments and then when the club runs a rational process, we turn.
Supporters send a clear message to "stop the quick fixes" and backs that up with the appointment of a list manager and admits to a rebuild but won't afford the club a degree of patience.
Robbo is anti-carlton. of course he is calling for Malthouse's resignation because it would undermine the club's consistent agenda and keep Essendon** off the back page.

Yeah well said. As for Robbo, it's a case of the flea trying to wag the dog. @#$%&! off you little cauliflower!!! Nobody cares what you think.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

The Duke wrote:
Michael Jezz wrote:
Robbo is anti-carlton. of course he is calling for Malthouse's resignation because it would undermine the club's consistent agenda and keep Essendon*** off the back page.

Yeah well said. As for Robbo, it's a case of the flea trying to wag the dog. @#$%&! off you little cauliflower!!! Nobody cares what you think.

Robbo is whatever the fat Flower he is. But what is indisputable is the gloom that we CFC fans are experiencing. What is indisputable is how toxic our club has become.

I also heard MLG say that they would look at the contract situation midway through the year - well that's only a few weeks away.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:14 pm 
Rod Ashman

He said "second half of the year" That's is between Round 12 and the end of the season

Post subject: Hope..............??
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:02 pm 
Craig Bradley

Rod Waddell wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Michael Jezz wrote:
Robbo is anti-carlton. of course he is calling for Malthouse's resignation because it would undermine the club's consistent agenda and keep Essendon**** off the back page.

Robbo is whatever the fat Flower he is. But what is indisputable is the gloom that we CFC fans are experiencing. What is indisputable is how toxic our club has become.

I also heard MLG say that they would look at the contract situation midway through the year - well that's only a few weeks away.

And he's been consistent in saying that, don't get the point....

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

Teague the point is its only a few weeks away and the executive has an opportunity to bring forward the coaching decision given the shocking on field performances ie "Mick we have decided to take a new direction at the end of the year and will not be renewing your contract"

From this point the executive should dictate the terms of how the remainder of the season plays out. If MM decides to stay till the end of the year then he must play a fair whack of kids if we are fair dinkum about re-building.

If he decides to walk well it's thank-you very much and see you later and we release a nice media bulletin.

What a disaster this has become.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:54 pm 
Robert Walls

Rod Waddell wrote:
What happened to Sticks plan? Was it 2 or 3 flags by 2015?

He said, "2 or 3 flagons by 20:15"

Was talking about how much he was going to drink by 8:15pm at the next premiership's after party

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:01 am 
John Nicholls

ThePsychologist wrote:
Quote - "Thomas is Carlton’s highest-paid player after signing a four-year deal worth $2.8 million at the end of 2013, with the option of a fifth season" :yikes:

@#$%&! I hate Malthouse.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:53 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

99prelim wrote:
Rod Waddell wrote:
What happened to Sticks plan? Was it 2 or 3 flags by 2015?

He said, "2 or 3 flagons by 20:15"

Was talking about how much he was going to drink by 8:15pm at the next premiership's after party

Probably safe for him to cellar that wine.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

ThePsychologist wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/recruiting-manager-stephen-silvagni-conducts-audit-on-carlton-list/story-e6frf7jo-1227359502536

Interesting read. I'd still like to know who is or has been responsible for these ridiciulous contracts. :mad: Do they realise how much they can restrict and damage us for years to come?

Quote - "Thomas is Carlton’s highest-paid player after signing a four-year deal worth $2.8 million at the end of 2013, with the option of a fifth season" :yikes:

That list showed why we are in the diabolical position that is CFC - whilst thomas is ridiculous (and the cause of player unease) how the hell they be paying kruezer (no games since round 1 last year?) $400k and worse still the same amount to warnock. Whoever did those deals need scaking. That list says it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:01 pm 
Bob Chitty

I'd live to negotiate with the managers of Warnock and Kruezer. 200k tops or take the door. Thomas at 700k is just stupidity. No doubt MM insisted that one.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:05 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

One of my best mates works with a girl who's hubby works for the Club (some admin role...forget which one). This guy reckons that morale throughout the whole club is horrendous, and has been for quite some time. In fact he dreads going to work each day. He says it all to do with warring factions across all on and off field areas (pro and anti Mick).

Only one answer......get rid of Mick anyway we can and do it pronto. 15 more rounds of this May set us back a long long time.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

That's pretty much what I thought might be at play MIL; disappointing to have it confirmed.

Sounds like the playing list are coach killers as much as the board and the FD. @#$%&! horrendous.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.