Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

Apologies for going a bit early with this one, but I've just seen the Freo team for the game against the Hawks this weekend.

Seven outs, all with soreness! Clearly they are tanking this weekend in the belief they are certainties to beat us in Perth next week. :garthp:

I HOPE WE SMASH THESE ANCHOR WANKERS!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

O.C.T

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

camelboy wrote:
Apologies for going a bit early with this one, but I've just seen the Freo team for the game against the Hawks this weekend.

Seven outs, all with soreness! Clearly they are tanking this weekend in the belief they are certainties to beat us in Perth next week. :garthp:

In: Peter Reith

Out: Wharfie Time

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:15 pm 
Robert Walls

Donstuie wrote:
O.C.T

:grin: :grin: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

camelboy wrote:

It's pretty arrogant of them to do so - you cannot predict the other results this weekend (or next) - and they are only one game ahead of us and Sydney, it's not like they have a buffer of several games.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:34 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Im going over for this one.

Any tips on the best place to sit?

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:39 pm 
Ken Hunter

Carlton cheer squad are at the city end. If you're buying tickets on Ticketmaster bays 139-144 are the ones to look for. I went over for the Eagles game and sat in about bay 139 from memory. Mostly Blues fans but a few Eagles supporters which was amusing.

One of the WA Blues can probably help you out more :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I was wondering if they are trying to get in a position where they don't play hawks 1st week of finals.
if they stay 5th and Hawks stay 8th..they would.
Maybe they are aiming to stay 5th but move the Hawks?
Maybe we will upset their little Freo Cart?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:27 pm 
Robert Walls

TruBlueBrad wrote:
Im going over for this one.

Any tips on the best place to sit?

If you want to sit with lots of Blues supporters, the City end is the go. However, there will be Blues fans all through the crowd and mainly Blues fans left from about 5 min mark of last quarter :wink:

Sitting behind the Goals at Subi means you are a long way from the other end. As with any ground, anywhere on the wing is best.

Let's hope it is our last game at Subi for the year! Would be spewing if we have to come back week 1, I have booked flights to Melbourne!!! Specifically to watch Blues in a final at MCG!

Big call to play their reserves side in Tassie, however it is the worst trip in Football, so can't blame them. They have a finals spot sewn up, just a matter of where they will ultimately finish and who/where they will play. They obviously fancy their chances against us...... :fight:

Feelgood Hit of the Winter - GHRP-2, GHRP-6, CJC-1295, AOD-9604, Humanofort and Hexarelin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:45 pm 
Geoff Southby

Only someone with Bomber blood (Harvey) could pull off something as arrogant as this...
I'd love for us to beat this mob more then ever now, and if I was a player I'd be especially motivated to win seeing as the Dockers actions are showing that they think they're virtual certainties against us...

By the way, only Carlton cheats...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:37 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

missnaut wrote:
Carlton cheer squad are at the city end. If you're buying tickets on Ticketmaster bays 139-144 are the ones to look for. I went over for the Eagles game and sat in about bay 139 from memory. Mostly Blues fans but a few Eagles supporters which was amusing.

One of the WA Blues can probably help you out more :)

This info is pretty spot on. Right behind the goals is pretty good, as Subi is not a great viewing ground (or good anything for that matter). Won't be any shortage of Bluebaggers there, including me and 5 f%#%n kids in block 140.

The Tickets are cheap too $20.00 bucks. I'd ring ticketmaster and speak to a human, it costs $6.00 more by phone but they'll go throughthe options and get you as close as they can to where you want to be.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

you can sit on my lap brad

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:12 am 
Bruce Doull

grrofunger wrote:

Get a mods lounge you two.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:50 am 
Stephen Silvagni

jimmae wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

Get a mods lounge you two.

Oh dear... :oops:

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:42 am 
Geoff Southby

If we lose to Geelong we'll probably wish we did the same thing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:52 am 
Bruce Doull

:lol:

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:19 am 
Geoff Southby

The message the match committee is sending to the freo players is:

We think you guys are a bunch of weak pussies who don't have what it takes to win a game on the road, so we're going to throw the game 'cos you'd lose anyway. Then we'll try and pump you all up with bullshit self-belief before Round 22. But if we have to travel during the finals, forget all about what we've just told you about being too brittle to win on the road and back up the next week... because you guys are hard as nails. Really you are.

Weak pricks. Beating them in R22 would be the most satisfying win of the year.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:44 am 
Ken Hunter

TheGame wrote:
If we lose to Geelong we'll probably wish we did the same thing.

Personally I would be really [REDACTED] off if we fielded a B team against Geelong and instead focussed on next week instead. I've seen enough shit performances from Carlton this year!

It says to the opposition "Hey, we don't care about this game, we're just going to roll over" and it places waaaaaay too much pressure on the remaining game. Footy is too much of a gamble to do that, anything could happen in the remaining games between the teams fighting for 5th-8th.

I hope Hawthorn flog the living daylights out of them by 10 goals or more. Freo's percentage is about 1% below ours and if they get flogged and we don't we'll probably be ahead of them.

The road trip from Perth to Tassie sucks but so what, Freo travel a lot and they should be used to it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:39 pm 
Rod Ashman

Barlow was BOG at Etihad and kicked 4 the last time we played. He was the DIFFERENCE b/w the teams. No Barlow now.

We beat them at Subi last year (after earlier losing to them @ Carrara).

After seeing the Blues support at Subi first hand for Eagles game, I can tell you the guys have little fear of that venue. Great place to play footy, nice and big like the G where we have played our best footy this year. Honestly, almost felt like a "home" game being there.

We'll beat them R22, lock it in. I'm almost glad the game is at Subi, a venue we've won our past 4 games IIRC. The Dockers lost at Subi the only final they've ever played.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:59 pm 
Bruce Doull

Smash the pricks and Harvey will look like an even bigger wanker.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next