Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Walls on ONE
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:02 pm 
Bob Chitty

Tells it like it is!

He's gutted
He's concerned about those around the club Pissing in Fev's pocket.
Thinks the CLUB should be HURTING, not enough to say they are... Make a real statement early in 2010.

IS A CARLTON MAN!

Post subject: Re: Walls on ONE
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:11 pm 
Herald Sun columnist

He has never been a lover of Fev so he is blind to him. Fev did more than most forwards do regardless of whether Wallsy thinks the 1% are expected. Not all forwards do it yet it's EXPECTED of Fev.

“It is a state of mind, a system of belief, a way of seeing the world, a deep faith that, because you are Carlton, you belong to something great.” - Mike Fitzpatrick articulating what Out of the Blue means.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:12 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Loved the way they told us Walls would explain why Carlton lost, and then all they did was go through Brisbane's goals in the last. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:13 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I must admit I was a bit surprised at the large amount of praise Fev got from Ratts

interesting they hi lighted some of the slackness of the players in the last
hope they were watching

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walls is way out of touch with the game, you only need to listen to 5 minutes of his commentary to realise that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

Effes wrote:
Walls is way out of touch with the game, you only need to listen to 5 minutes of his commentary to realise that.

but he tells it how it is.... :screwy:

funniest thing i ever heard on radio is parkin...he said he would rather have cam mooney than brendon fevola ... cos mooney is consistent....and professional...

(consitently bad)

that was 3/4 of the way through this year..on the radio.....

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:43 pm 
Ken Hunter

verbs wrote:
Loved the way they told us Walls would explain why Carlton lost, and then all they did was go through Brisbane's goals in the last. :lol:

Liked this segment, but would have been interesting to analyse how all of their goals were scored.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:40 pm 
Rod McGregor

Sydney Blue wrote:
I must admit I was a bit surprised at the large amount of praise Fev got from Ratts

interesting they hi lighted some of the slackness of the players in the last
hope they were watching

I was at the game and I have to agree with Walls and Co's analysis as I mentioned most of them to fellow supporters afterwards.
- Merrett running off Fevola to create an overlap for a goal
- Walker ball watching leaving Rich to run free at the stoppage and giving up the chase way to early
- Bower was on one leg and should have been benched , Bradshaw ran off him too easy
- I said to the Mrs at siren - Daniel Rich has just won them the game - Those 5 possessions were all quality - best kick on either team - just imagine his delivery to Fev? ( OK - hold the Rich vs Yarran to other threads please)
- Judd on the bench in the last and they kick 2 goals and Black is on one leg for the whole match and gets the most posses ?????
- Clark was also carrying an injury and still lifted to play an awesome last quarter
-Voss dropped the zone in the last and went one on one and our guys didn't gut run and make enough space so we played too much close in footy which we are not well drilled in.

For me it was a combination of 1) work-rate 2) coaching moves 3) Daniel Rich

Wallys is mostly captain obvious in his commentary but he got it right in how the game was lost

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sydney Blue wrote:

Yeah, that was a bit odd I thought. So on that point, at least, I can see where Walls is coming from.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

Effes wrote:

I like Walls, Matthews and Blight as commentators as they are the only ones that give game analysis...can't stand the cliche style commentators that just report the match in cliches... "they gave it their all, they are hurting now etc"

Everything he said was spot on on One Week At A Time about the match, Ratten's comments and the fade-out.

Demoralising to see in the replay how disinterested Walker was in the contest. Not sure where his head is. Might not be in the best 22 in 2010 unless they can find a good spot for him - perhaps backline or forward pocket?

He didn't show enough endeavour in the midfield in this finals match. Maybe others (eg Yarran) can be groomed as midfielders in front of Walker or maybe Walker will recover his poise... a lot of variables to the equation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

he wasnt alone

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:16 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

camelboy wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

Yeah, that was a bit odd I thought. So on that point, at least, I can see where Walls is coming from.

the only reason I can see Ratts saying what he did was to cover his on arse - I think there was a clear directive not to kick it to Fev on Saturday night and it back fired - There were several occassions where he was one out or in the clear where players had a ping or tried to spot up someone else - I think Ratts raping up Fev the way he did was a deflection from a coaching tactic which clearly didn't work on the night

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:21 pm 
Bruce Comben

Sydney Blue wrote:
I think Ratts raping up Fev the way he did was a deflection from a coaching tactic which clearly didn't work on the night

He did what???

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The Chief wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:
I think Ratts raping up Fev the way he did was a deflection from a coaching tactic which clearly didn't work on the night

He did what???

alright wrong word should have used pumping

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:33 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Sydney Blue wrote:
The Chief wrote:
Sydney Blue wrote:

He did what???

alright wrong word should have used pumping

We really need to recruit the best forward line coach out there...

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:46 pm 
Robert Walls

I've previously been quite a vocal critic of fev but would have to say that I thought the final was one of fevs better games. Created several goals (3+) for others through pressure and team play

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:13 am 
Geoff Southby

I thought Fev's pressure was outstanding. If all our guys could chase and tackle as hard as him we would have won easily.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:24 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Think you'll find Ratts' BOG comment related to the best forward on the ground context....

His right too...Fev was the only foward running around, chasing and tackling.... Bradshaw and Brown didn't have to with only Bower and T-bird to contend with.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:36 am 
Geoff Southby

Whenever Carlton lose the cameras get a shot of Fev with his hands on hips and that transcends to poor body language and not working hard enough. Ratts is just making sure that everyone knows the fact that Fev puts more pressure on defenders than Brown, Franklin, Reiwoldt etc.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:21 am 
Harry Vallence

Fev's performance was very positive on Saturday from a team perspective.

The tactics out of the coaches boxes is what lost it for us. The players were slack in the last and dropped their intensity which is poor. But better coaching would have enabled us to choke up the game..... Poor tactics. How Browne and Bradshaw were allowed to present to an open forward line for the whole 4th quarter was piss poor.