Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:45 pm 
Bruce Comben

:yikes: Did Carlton really pick him up for his so called "Elite Kicking". Half of Collingwood's goals were Chris Johnson's kick in turn overs.

He can't kick a ball with out saying 'That was my fault'. Drop him. Get Kouta to teach him to kick. And say 'DON'T TURN OVE THE @#$%&! BALL,IDIOT!'. :banghead: :banghead:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:22 pm 
formerly King Kenny

GibbsMurphyBluesFuture34 wrote:
:yikes: Did Carlton really pick him up for his so called "Elite Kicking". Half of Collingwood's goals were Chris Johnson's kick in turn overs.

He can't kick a ball with out saying 'That was my fault'. Drop him. Get Kouta to teach him to kick. And say 'DON'T TURN OVE THE !@#$%& BALL,IDIOT!'. :banghead: :banghead:

Carrots and Houlihan contributed to 7 goals from turnovers I believe.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

He would have to be the worst player at Carlton since Tim Powell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:07 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

It would also help if we actually had some sort of strategy for our kick outs... :roll: :screwy: :yikes:

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

We do the same thing every kick out. Either kick to it short up the middle or short to the pocket and stop.

Never kick to ourselves and run it out like collingwood did 7 times in a row.

Never shepherd the man on the mark

never overload one side of the field and kick to numbers

never kick it long down the middle to a ruckmen with smalls running by

one dimensional

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:26 pm 
Rod Ashman

I think he is a pretty reasonable kick overall. He makes a few errors but overall he can pick out targets in congested situations, can kick long and can also keep the ball low through the air. I am not too concerned about his kicking.

But I question whether or not he is being used properly. To me, he is not really a true 'defender'. He seems to struggle one-on-one and in staying tight to his man. He is also not particularly quick. I understand the logic of using your better users of the footy at half-back. I just think he gets too easily exposed defensively.

Could he play on a wing or half-forward flank? I suppose he might not have the pace to be a true wingman but what about as a lead-up half-forward flank who can deliver the ball long and accurately inside 50?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:55 am 
Bruce Doull

sticksaftersiren87 wrote:
We do the same thing every kick out. Either kick to it short up the middle or short to the pocket and stop.

Never kick to ourselves and run it out like collingwood did 7 times in a row.

Never shepherd the man on the mark

never overload one side of the field and kick to numbers

never kick it long down the middle to a ruckmen with smalls running by

one dimensional

Wow, it's bad when you see it in written form. :yikes:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:12 am 
Bruce Doull

maybe at melbourne he was an elite kick...
... maybe when he came to the ratten school of coaching and development he lost it???

who knows????

hard to see either way....

though i do know ratts chased him for it....
... as he chased hadley for some on field hardness and leadership too....

they must have had something before they came....

but they are at a club that has not been taught any subtleties about footy....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:30 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stay tuned for another posting spree from the Usual Suspects and King makers who re-write history until our next win.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:35 am 
Bruce Doull

Kouta wrote:
Stay tuned for another posting spree from the Usual Suspects and King makers who re-write history until our next win.
you mean beating north.... :thumbsup:

how the mighty club has fallen...... :clap:

like i said there are a handful of clubs that wont win... 2 games guaranteed if you play them.. then we dont have to play stkilda and geelong 2 times...

dunno... but 11 or 12 games just doesnt seem like an achivement in a season like this... when there are are so many other things that have not been rectified.....

but im pretty sure some people are really excited beating a freo a richmond or a north... a west coast.. and a sydney...

Last edited by Synbad on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:37 am 
Ken Hands

Interesting train of thought Synbad .... after fridays game I am starting to believe it!

We just do not seem to be getting the most out of the players and the buck stops at the coaches (plural)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:41 am 
Bruce Doull

oh you can throw in all of our veterans into the cataguory as well... and like i keep saying our elite kids.

there just isnt as much improvement as youd like to see right across the board....

to me its a massive worry... and of course it should be our duty to not allow the club to slip into an eternal mediocrtity....

mediocrity should never be tolerated...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:04 am 
Geoff Southby

He slagged off melbourne for not playing him, I dont like his attitude, and his ability is well....ordinary at best. If we recruit a demons reject you know we are in trouble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:42 am 
Harry Vallence

Synbad wrote:
... as he chased hadley for some on field hardness and leadership too....

Not sure how many more games Hadley will be getting....there is a full out there with Ratten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:44 am 
Bruce Doull

Youd think Robbo would come back in.
He does create a spark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:49 am 
Ken Hands

Johnson and Bentley are probably the two worst players on our list from the Collingwood match. Drop them both (I know Johnson is injured) and bring in the likes of Hadley, Ellard, etc ..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:21 am 
Trevor Keogh

If you saw a 2 min youtube clip of Johnson's best passes you'd be sold...problem is his worst is unbelievably bad. There's no consistancy. He's obviously not well drilled either as he turns the ball over under pressure - this comes from a lack of match simulation under similar circumstances. The defensive side of his game is appalling. So when he's on song he adds something to the team, every other time he is going to be in our worst players.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:34 am 
Rod Ashman

Synbad wrote:
Kouta wrote:
you mean beating north.... :thumbsup:

how the mighty club has fallen...... :clap:

like i said there are a handful of clubs that wont win... 2 games guaranteed if you play them.. then we dont have to play stkilda and geelong 2 times...

dunno... but 11 or 12 games just doesnt seem like an achivement in a season like this... when there are are so many other things that have not been rectified.....

but im pretty sure some people are really excited beating a freo a richmond or a north... a west coast.. and a sydney...

And a Collingwood and Western Bulldogs and Brisbane and a couple of kicks short of an undefeated side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:43 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Beating Brisbane at the Gabba was very exciting baz_baz. In the last quarter my heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to burst, and the Brisbane crowd was right behind the Lions. I haven't felt that way at a game for many many years.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:56 am 
Wayne Johnston

Another unreliable player who's good is very good but who's bad will contribute significantly to losses.

Not good enough at the moment and not sure whether he'll improve.