Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:59 pm 
Herald Sun columnist

my two cents wrote:
Vodafone is a strong successful international brand, associated with marquee sporting teams across the globe. Exactly the kind of partner we require. The relationship if utilised properly would not only lift our brand image by sheer association, but also provide access to quality marketing ideas and can facilitate benchmarking global marquee clubs in the area of sports science, player development etc.

Aren't Voda associated with that other sporting brand that McChin likens his degenerate team to, Man United?

“It is a state of mind, a system of belief, a way of seeing the world, a deep faith that, because you are Carlton, you belong to something great.” - Mike Fitzpatrick articulating what Out of the Blue means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

DownUnderChick wrote:
my two cents wrote:
Vodafone is a strong successful international brand, associated with marquee sporting teams across the globe. Exactly the kind of partner we require. The relationship if utilised properly would not only lift our brand image by sheer association, but also provide access to quality marketing ideas and can facilitate benchmarking global marquee clubs in the area of sports science, player development etc.

Aren't Voda associated with that other sporting brand that McChin likens his degenerate team to, Man United?

They were until recently, now it is AIG (bank perhaps?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

Does this mean we're going to have an ugly red patch on the back on our uniform like we did had with 'Mayne' ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:59 pm 
Bruce Doull

marciblue wrote:
DownUnderChick wrote:
my two cents wrote:

They were until recently, now it is AIG (bank perhaps?)

Vodafone walked out on their deal with Man U in 2005, IIRC. AIG is a massive insurance group based in the States.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

marciblue wrote:
what do Optus think of all this? :?

They had their chance. 8)

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:42 pm 
Craig Bradley

my two cents wrote:
marketing ideas and can facilitate benchmarking global marquee clubs in the area of sports science, player development etc.

Not sure how a sponsorship deal would relate to sports science or player development... not even sure how it would relate to global benchmarking.

Great deal though. Nice and creative from the new board... Remember when we all used to cry foul when Eddie used his connections/business interests to gain sponsorship for his club?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

Princes Park (Vodafone Centre?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:39 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Synbad wrote:

I'm sure they would prefer that it is spelt correctly if this happens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

Juddville?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:44 pm 
Geoff Southby

Not counting my chickens until the deal is confirmed... Great news if its true though :-D :-D Suck eggs St Kilda :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:49 pm 
John Nicholls

The wheel is slowly starting to turn off field for us.

Not only are other clubs, such as St.Kilda, losing sponsorships but Dick is getting them on board at our club.

This is brilliant.

You can have Hamill. We'll have Vodafone thanks.

:lol: :roll: :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Synbad wrote:

Maybe Tony deBolfo can trademark that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:48 pm 
Bruce Doull

buzzaaaah wrote:
Synbad wrote:

Maybe Tony deBolfo can trademark that

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:03 pm 
Horrie Clover

darknavy wrote:
Quote:
Vodafone will be allowed to make a pitch for Visy Industries' entire mobile phone business.

Big effing carrot

Similar stategy is being used with a potential new car sponsor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:21 pm 
Rod Ashman

AIG= American Insurance Group. vodafone chose not to renew its shirt sponsorship with manutd but remained onboard till this season as a minor sponsor. i think they were replaced by, of all things, kumho tyres.

as said above this will be great for the club if and when its finalised.

"In fairness it did seem in the early days of the draft teams would just pick a name totally at random out of a hat. I'm pretty sure we picked James Cook at #2 one year. The mediocre forward, not the explorer" - Me, 12/9/2011

Carlton 2012: Lets remind them why they once feared the Dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:32 pm 
Ken Hands

I'm not much of a marketing man but the power loan deal is 60 to 70% a done deal. Power Loan went to Essendon* initially because one or two of their board members are in good contact with Greg Anderson, former bomber player.

Somehow though Carlton contacted Power Loan themselves and to my understanding, I think the way this sponsorship is going to be structured similar to the hotel deal that Carlton brokered earlier in the year.

One or two of the board members from Power Loan went to England recently and came back to mention that the way the sponsorships are structured in the EPL is 5 to 10 years more advanced than the AFL.

My source is confident the deal will be done by the end of October or November

I hope no one bags me for but again I wish I could explain this sponsership in detail but its to complex for my liking.

Edit: In addition, I'm not sure whether Power Loan or Carlton have mentioned but I believe Carlton want to creat sister relationship with a european club (probably an EPL one) similar to the way Essendon* have a sister relation with Man United

Bulldogs captain Steve Mortimer stood up to address his troops before they ran out. ''I'm a proud c---,'' he told them, ''I'm a winner, I wish myself a good g...ame, I wish everyone a good game. Let's get out there and f---ing bash them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:42 pm 
Rod Ashman

im sure most deals are pretty complex, but as long as it goes thro and benefits both club and company its been a winner. but good to hear two biggies are in the works atm.

"In fairness it did seem in the early days of the draft teams would just pick a name totally at random out of a hat. I'm pretty sure we picked James Cook at #2 one year. The mediocre forward, not the explorer" - Me, 12/9/2011

Carlton 2012: Lets remind them why they once feared the Dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue is the colour. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:24 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

camelboy wrote:
BlueIce wrote:
Vodafone won't play ball
Quote:
VODAFONE Australia is on the verge of dumping its naming rights sponsorship of St Kilda, further increasing the pressure on embattled Saints president Rod Butterss.

Carlton is looming as the frontrunner to win the Vodafone sponsorship, after billionaire president Richard Pratt made the company a "hard-to-refuse offer". Carlton will offer Vodafone complete access to players, behind-the scenes content from the football club, and Vodafone will be allowed to make a pitch for Visy Industries' entire mobile phone business.

"You are absolutely on the money in regard to the Carlton offer," said a source at Vodafone. "But no deal has been signed yet."

8)

Then I won't need to feel bad about having my mobile with Vodafone. :-D

I wont need to feel bad about switching from Optus next year (for mobile, home/internet already gone).

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:29 pm 
Ken Hunter

THIRIODIS wrote:
Does this mean we're going to have an ugly red patch on the back on our uniform like we did had with 'Mayne' ?

Bloody well hope not.

But, as we all know, professional sport is just that because of what the sponsors provide.

Carn the Vodafone Blues!! :wink:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

Last edited by bluedog on Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next