Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 174  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:46 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Walsh wrote:
Yeah read the letter - what a load of self serving hog wash.

Forgot to mention - never replaced Football Director
Forgot to mention - never supported Football dept appropriately
Forgot to mention - allowed Sayers to hang the football dept out to dry

Governance my left nut.
Hired Teague though

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:48 pm 
Banned

bluehammer wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Governance my left nut.
Hired Teague though

Probably the best appointment this club has made since Liddle and Ratts as senior coach.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Governance my left nut.
Hired Teague though

Probably the best appointment this club has made since Liddle and Ratts as senior coach.

And didn’t want to have the Teague sacking on his record also , hence yesterday’s escape , incompetent thankfully he is gone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:05 pm 
formerly King Kenny

And the alternative ticket is so focused on hiding under the blankets until an EGM is called, masquerading as the moral crusaders who will bring back democracy to the Club.

News flash, MLG cards are on the table, outcomes he has delivered on as Chairman, alternative voices cannot even commit to an alternative ticket being available if they force an EGM.

I’ve asked the questions on their FaceBook Group, nothing in return, nothing.

Sayers is taking over and identified enough is enough, a football department review has been conducted, the root causes identified, and action a plenty I’m sure will come.

What is the alternative plans? Use the same report? Commission a new one? Or just be a nuisance and force an EGM for the sake of voting rights?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:12 pm 
Banned

The Normal One wrote:
And the alternative ticket is so focused on hiding under the blankets until an EGM is called, masquerading as the moral crusaders who will bring back democracy to the Club.

News flash, MLG cards are on the table, outcomes he has delivered on as Chairman, alternative voices cannot even commit to an alternative ticket being available if they force an EGM.

Sayers is taking over and identified enough is enough, a football department review has been conducted, the root causes identified, and action a plenty I’m sure will come.

What is the alternative plans? Use the same report? Commission a new one? Or just be a nuisance and force an EGM for the sake of voting rights?

It's not only about voting rights. It's about making them accountable as a board - because obviously they are not.

Not one football person on the board and this is a football club. The increase in signatures to call an EGM is partly a very good excuse to put them to the sword.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
The Normal One wrote:

It's not only about voting rights. It's about making them accountable as a board - because obviously they are not.

Not one football person on the board and this is a football club. The increase in signatures to call an EGM is partly a very good excuse to put them to the sword.

This I agree with , there has to be footy people on the Board with business or professional skill set and success

Someone mentioned Fraser brown, jamo or prendergast if they qualify they should be appointed

Hawks have vanderberg on their BOard
Pies have Licuria

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:19 pm 
Craig Bradley

Is Sayers talking to any past player's . We have always had strong past player representativation on our board going back many years . They were fantastic for our Club . Going right back to Laurie and Bugsy , Wes ,Kev , Arma etc etc ..............if this Sayers is as good as my china plates tell me surely he must be seeking a couple out . Surely ! ...........Prender and Jammo where put forward by Walshy . I"d forgotten about those two . Great suggestions for mine . Couple of real smart cookies . Anyone no what they are up to these days ?

PS...........i know i have shit canned Sayers coz he aint my cup of tea , but i have mates up there who reckon i aint got a clue and Sayers is the real deal . The saviour we have been waiting for .Shit i hope there right and i'm wrong ..................yeah , too right i got a Messiah complex . Its gonna take a Messiah to straighten this joint up .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:08 pm 
Harry Vallence

Mickstar wrote:
Is Sayers talking to any past player's . We have always had strong past player representativation on our board going back many years . They were fantastic for our Club . Going right back to Laurie and Bugsy , Wes ,Kev , Arma etc etc ..............if this Sayers is as good as my china plates tell me surely he must be seeking a couple out . Surely ! ...........Prender and Jammo where put forward by Walshy . I"d forgotten about those two . Great suggestions for mine . Couple of real smart cookies . Anyone no what they are up to these days ?

PS...........i know i have shit canned Sayers coz he aint my cup of tea , but i have mates up there who reckon i aint got a clue and Sayers is the real deal . The saviour we have been waiting for .Shit i hope there right and i'm wrong ..................yeah , too right i got a Messiah complex . Its gonna take a Messiah to straighten this joint up .

It’s going to be one hell of job to bring this place and I’m with you mate , in really hope sayers is the man , it’s going to be shattering if we don’t get anything from this current list

Worse lists than this have won premierships this century…

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:56 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

One of the things I'm curious about is the relationship between the CEO and the Board. I have a sense that maybe the Board isn't keeping the CEO and other management accountable enough. This filters down the organisation.

I currently sit on a board and one of the things one sees is the impact of the CEO on the organisation. It is therefore critical that the Board keep the CEO accountable. Is the Carlton board doing that at the moment?

With a culture as it is, query that...

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:35 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

CarltonClem wrote:
One of the things I'm curious about is the relationship between the CEO and the Board. I have a sense that maybe the Board isn't keeping the CEO and other management accountable enough. This filters down the organisation.

I currently sit on a board and one of the things one sees is the impact of the CEO on the organisation. It is therefore critical that the Board keep the CEO accountable. Is the Carlton board doing that at the moment?

With a culture as it is, query that...

The CEO role is the most important role in a footy club. He's the conductor.

Whether Liddle is kept accountable by the Board, is a very important question.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:36 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Dear BV,

It is a great privilege to be able to write to you for the first time, having now officially commenced as President of your football club.

Today I completed an extensive handover with Mark LoGiudice, who announced earlier this year that this season would be his last. We thank Mark for his service to the Club, both as President for eight years and for his 12 years on the Board.

It is with enormous pride that I step into the role as President of the Carlton Football Club, however I do so knowing full well the responsibility I have to you, our members, and I’d like to thank you for your ongoing commitment and support of the Club.

My overriding priority as I enter this role is the performance of our men’s and women’s football teams.

We must never forget our core business. It is doing everything in our power to win games of football, to play finals, and to put ourselves in a position to win premierships. That has to be our singular focus.

For this reason, on 8 June, we commenced an independent review of our Football Department. This review was commissioned on the basis that as a football club, we are not satisfied with our on-field performance and we owe it to our members and supporters to conduct a process to ensure the necessary improvements are made.

The independent, external panel last week provided an update to me, to the Board and to CEO Cain Liddle. This process is now reaching its final stages and I assure you we will not be making any public comment until we have directly communicated with you, our members. This will include providing you with the summarised findings of the review that I know members have a deep and justified interest in.

Along with my fellow Directors and with the support of our staff, players and coaches, we will not shy away from our responsibility to improve the Club’s results on the field, to ensure they match the significant achievements we have made off it.

My commitment, as the 31st President of this football club, is to ensure we do what is required to deliver on that responsibility.

I’d like to also take this opportunity to acknowledge club champions Marc Murphy (300 games), Eddie Betts, who will this weekend play an incredible 350 games, and Levi Casboult who will all depart the Club this season after stellar careers in the Navy Blue. I wish them nothing but the best for the next chapters of their lives and thank them for everything they have contributed to our club, both on and off the field.

I also hope you and your families are all keeping safe and well as we once again navigate through the challenges of a COVID environment. My thoughts are with all of our Carlton members who are impacted as a result of the latest lockdowns across the country.

As a lifelong Carlton supporter, becoming President of our club is a huge honour, and I have a profound appreciation of my obligation to you and our club’s history. I look forward to sharing the journey with you and rising to this challenge.

Luke Sayers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:54 am 
Bruce Doull

Also on the club website now: https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1003156/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:00 pm 
Craig Bradley

Goes without saying enough talk and hopefully Sayers is the guy that will implement real cultural change at Carlton and impose appropriate standards that are adhered to by all

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

Expected nothing less, from a prominent executive & passionate Blues supporter, we’re in good hands gotta very positive gut feel about Sayers.
However, Luke has inherited a shambles of a team with woeful direction & on filed performance, so lets be patient, its gonna take 2 to 3 years yet to pay serious finals.
Mark Lo Giudice, was good , drag us out of Financial , Sponsorship & Membership swamps, at last looking forward to our journey upwards .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bmaurizio wrote:
Expected nothing less, from a prominent executive & passionate Blues supporter, we’re in good hands gotta very positive gut feel about Sayers.
However, Luke has inherited a shambles of a team with woeful direction & on filed performance, so lets be patient, its gonna take 2 to 3 years yet to pay serious finals.
Mark Lo Giudice, was good , drag us out of Financial , Sponsorship & Membership swamps, at last looking forward to our journey upwards .

I'm not so pessimistic.

Things can turnaround pretty quickly.

If the Review is a shake out of the Football Dept, so be it.

With a great coach and a team of able Assistants, retirement of some old players, the return of a few injured players in top condition, a good Trade or 2, and an FA, anything can happen.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:26 pm 
Rod Ashman

If we are honest, some of us will like what the Board/Sayers does, and some will hate it.
Great idea to have a review. The sooner the better so we can move forward. Shit idea to have a review. It's all going to be crap anyway!
Make it public - we're dying here as supporters and need to see that we're doing something! Definitely don't make it public - that will just create an unsafe psychological environment and no-one will be able to perform at their best!
Replace the whole Board! Keep the Board!
Replace the coach! Keep the coach!
Play the kids! Make them earn it!
We need a tough coach to whip these boys into shape! We need a coach that the players like!
'Fix' the culture! Bring back the old culture! Create a new culture!
MLG is a whimp for bugging out before delivering the review outcomes! MLG is doing the right thing, clearing out of the way!
Sayers should take ownership of the review and implement the changes as he ushers in a new regime! Sayers should resign after being a part of the Board and its crap decisions over the past 9 years!

Whatever they decide, there will be many of us who hate it.
Truth is, none of us could make decisions which would guarantee on-field success. There is just as much art as science.
Some people believe the coach has immense power. Others (incl Leigh Matthews) believe a coaches success is a function of the players. It's a judgement call. And every decision entails some form of risk.

I think all the debate is great. But let's maintain a degree of humility and extend a bit of latitude to those trying to do the best for the club. I'm still optimistic that we can lift back up from next year. I personally think that we need to change at least something and probably a whole lot more. I just hope that the right calls are made.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:21 pm 
Banned

Would have preferred an apology for board decisions made past 10 years with no football people on the board.

MLG is a self made property developer so what he did was welcomed. What's Sayers going to bring to the board?

Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:23 pm 
Craig Bradley

Thats good seventeenth .You are right . Damned if you do , damned if you don't .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:31 pm 
Craig Bradley

We know why you don’t like Sayers Walsh but if you ask me looking at his CV and expertise -leadership values strength of conviction a capacity to deal with various and different stakeholders ability to articulate a clear vision and strategy an expert financial and commercial lens -all things MLG seemed not to be able to do

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:05 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

bmaurizio wrote:
Sayers is a passionate Blues supporter?

I didn't know that.

Been on the board for a while, whats he been doing about it?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 174  Next