Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Microsoft - won't happen. Gates rarely buys into sports sponsorship - and won't happen at club level.

Telstra - Can't have more than 1 telco provider on your list - kind of defeats the purpose don't you think?

Coles - Not likely...Bruce Mathieson has close relationships with Woolies; hence 'Bruanwo' - BM single handedly brought Dan Murphy's on board...that counts for a lot - no for Coles.

Woolworths - see above; but a Victorian club sponsorship? I doubt it...its Board would most likely jump onto the NRL before the Blues got a look in.

Qantas - heavily committed to National Rep. sides, thinks 'localised' sponsorship alienates consumers...not threatened by Pies & Emirates.

Fosters - Still has 4 years to run and is heavily invested with Cricket Australia. Not likely to pick the Blues - most big deals include lengthy 'pouring rights' at grounds.

Coca Cola - AFL Sponsor...clubs 'minor' sponsor.

KFC - Not seeen as a good fit...can't compete with Maccas 'Healthy Choice' Sponsorship.

Toyota - AFL Season sponsor and tied into the Adelaide market.

Bluescope Steel - Daniel Grollo appointed to the board a year ago. Would have to have Fahour and SOS back at the club for this to happen though IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:45 pm 
Bert Deacon

camelboy wrote:

Good news about Bbbbbbbuuuttteeeerrrrssssssssssssss on SEN.

JohnM wrote:
I'm surprised a moderator hasn't got their delete button out to get this thread back on track.

camel...? :lol: :lol:

I'd love to delete every post on this site that is Liverpool related. Do you think I should? :P

Only a very bitter Man U or Everton fan would do that :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:56 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Dr.SHERRIN wrote:
Microsoft - won't happen. Gates rarely buys into sports sponsorship - and won't happen at club level.

Telstra - Can't have more than 1 telco provider on your list - kind of defeats the purpose don't you think?

Coles - Not likely...Bruce Mathieson has close relationships with Woolies; hence 'Bruanwo' - BM single handedly brought Dan Murphy's on board...that counts for a lot - no for Coles.

Woolworths - see above; but a Victorian club sponsorship? I doubt it...its Board would most likely jump onto the NRL before the Blues got a look in.

Qantas - heavily committed to National Rep. sides, thinks 'localised' sponsorship alienates consumers...not threatened by Pies & Emirates.

Fosters - Still has 4 years to run and is heavily invested with Cricket Australia. Not likely to pick the Blues - most big deals include lengthy 'pouring rights' at grounds.

KFC - Not seeen as a good fit...can't compete with Maccas 'Healthy Choice' Sponsorship.

Bluescope Steel - Daniel Grollo appointed to the board a year ago. Would have to have Fahour and SOS back at the club for this to happen though IMO.

You realise this was St Kilda talking about their sponsorship options, not us, correct?

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

anfield wrote:
Only a very bitter Man U or Everton fan would do that :lol:

Wrong again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

how about a smug Chelsea fan?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

bluehotel wrote:
how about a smug Chelsea fan?

Zing! Guilty as charged, although, I'll dispute the smug part. That part of my character can't get in a look with all those bloody red teams thinking they're so damn good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sorry to correct the previous posts but Rod Butterss said" A rival club has offered 2,500 connections, we can't do this ...... I can't compete with BIG Dick" that's what i heard on SEN anyway... hahahaha saints lose bill express and vodafone.. Carlton pick up Vodafone.. suddenly the world is making sense again.

"His house looked like shit!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

Christie Malthouse just confirmed that Vodafone and St Kilda have parted ways...

Nic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:01 pm 
Horrie Clover

Dr.SHERRIN wrote:

Dr S. agree Toyota won't be sponsoring the Saints, also their ties in Melbourne are stronger than they're in Adelaide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Quote:
You realise this was St Kilda talking about their sponsorship options, not us, correct?

How right you are!! I got lost in amongst the soccer talk and the quotes quoting quotes...too used to the Aussie Stock Forums where only the latest posts are relevant.

Oh well - same goes for the 'Aints - they ain't gonna get this lot either...if they were smart they'd move to the Gold Coast! Southport Saints has a nice ring to it. There they'd get the type of sponsors they're after![/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:44 am 
Harry Vallence

Vodafone ends St Kilda link

Quote:
Vodafone's general manager for Victoria and Tasmania, Paul Guerra, said: "We're more enthusiastic than ever to continue our association with football and we're currently exploring our sponsorship options in Melbourne for the 2008 season."

and that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6