Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: AFLW 2022
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:23 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
The frustration is we've got some top shelf players. Prespakis, Hill, Moody are guns. But players like Wilson, Gee, McEvoy who were showing good signs have gone backwards. Our depth is terrible. I don't understand why we keep going back to the well with players like Brazzale who tries bloody hard but she is a butcher with ball in hand.
Schaap showed a few signs in her only game and was then given the flick. FFS, give the youngsters a go instead of the failed selections.

Nic Stevens had a shocker today. Harrington and Egan weren't much better.

Hope I'm wrong, but I predict that Poppy Schaap will not make it in the AFLW.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:43 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Picking our goal of the week has become a really easy task :sad:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:29 pm 
Ken Hunter

Better quarter there.

Surely can thrash St Kilda.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:25 pm 
Ken Hunter

Decent 2nd quarter, but didn't really make the most of their dominance.

No change to either team's score in the 3rd quarter. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:49 pm 
Ken Hunter

Missed multiple opportunities to score.

Still, keeping the opposition to the equal all-time lowest score can't be all bad.

St. Kilda led 2-0. :grin:

Percentage also jumped by about 20.

Three games to go for the season. Giants, Suns, Melbourne.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

7.6 to 0.2

Nice

Post subject: AFLW 2022
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:04 pm 
Geoff Southby

A win is a win but smashing the winl ess bottom (oh my) side isn't cause for having a piece of yourself. Disappointing season

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:20 pm 
Ken Hunter

I know nobody gives a hoot :grin: but surely the clock should have started a lot sooner than it did at the 1:42 mark.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/708656/last-two-mins-heartbreak-on-the-siren-as-50m-penalty-costs-saints-first-win?videoId=708656&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1645607022001

Of course, the foolish Saints player (White) should have milked the clock for a further 20 seconds, after her mark only moments later.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:54 pm 
Ken Hunter

Good performance tonight in all parts of the field.

Disposal not perfect, but greatly improved.

Pressure excellent.

Umpiring certainly went our way, but most frees deserved.

Giants' 3rd game in a week, I think, so a little leg weary perhaps.

Well done team.

Two games to go.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:06 am 
Bert Deacon

Agreed bluedog, reckon it was our most even contribution from players across the board for the season, albeit against a pretty tired looking opposition.

The backline was excellent - Pound, Laloifi, Harrington and Trudgeon all played extremely well, and our pressure and tackling all over the ground was probably the best it's been all season over a sustained period. Prespakis played the sort of game she was playing every week in 2020. Hill and Moody were both good again, while O'Dea probably played her best game for the season.

I think it was Sarah Hosking that predicted during the half-time commentary summary that Vescio was the player that could break the game open in the second half, and no doubt their cameo did change the flow - could've/should've kicked four and looked extremely dangerous every time the ball went near her.

It was the sort of game we should win, and did win, though sadly it all appears too little, too late for this season.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:43 am 
Robert Walls

We keep doing this - taking a month or more to get into the season and start playing well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:27 am 
Bruce Doull

Went to my first live Carlton game in over 4 years I think. Nice of them to play 15 mins walk from home!

We played well for the most part and deserved the win.

Gab Pound's skills were a highlight all game. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

If anyone would like to go along on behalf of TC to the AFLW Guernsey Club dinner on 15 March, here's the deets -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37341&p=2101739#p2101739

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:53 pm 
Ken Hunter

Nice to see our disposal, by both hand and foot, has improved over the course of the season.

Nice goal by Gee in the last.

Can't match it with the better teams, but there's always next year...

One game to go, in this ridiculous idea of a ten-round competition.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:47 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I'll support any team in Carlton colours and I've attended/watched most Carlton AFLW games but I'm starting to get over the prima donna behaviour of some AFLW freedom fighters.
They cant play curtain raisers because that's demeaning. It doesn't matter that reserve and VFL teams have been doing it for generations. It must be a "double header"
They cant play on smaller grounds or use smaller balls because that would be demeaning. Even though it would improve the spectacle.

We're killing them by playing in summer but when the AFL decides to change it to an August commencement, they get kicked because they've rushed the decision and there wasn't sufficient consultation.

I watched the AFLW football show last week and the host lectured, "it's simple, don't comment on woman's bodies".

My privileged white male philosophy? It's simple, if you expect people to put their hands in their pockets for memberships etc and you expect to be paid to play, you have a responsibility to prepare yourself to perform to the best of your ability.
Running around 20kg overweight is not allowing you to do that. So the people who fund the game (the fans) have a right to expect better.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:28 pm 
Rod Ashman

Great points Blue Vain.
It's affectionately known as AFLWW in our house :smoking:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:29 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
I'll support any team in Carlton colours and I've attended/watched most Carlton AFLW games but I'm starting to get over the prima donna behaviour of some AFLW freedom fighters.
They cant play curtain raisers because that's demeaning. It doesn't matter that reserve and VFL teams have been doing it for generations. It must be a "double header"
They cant play on smaller grounds or use smaller balls because that would be demeaning. Even though it would improve the spectacle.

We're killing them by playing in summer but when the AFL decides to change it to an August commencement, they get kicked because they've rushed the decision and there wasn't sufficient consultation.

I watched the AFLW football show last week and the host lectured, "it's simple, don't comment on woman's bodies".

My privileged white male philosophy? It's simple, if you expect people to put their hands in their pockets for memberships etc and you expect to be paid to play, you have a responsibility to prepare yourself to perform to the best of your ability.
Running around 20kg overweight is not allowing you to do that. So the people who fund the game (the fans) have a right to expect better.

They do use smaller balls, don't they?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

Two scoreless quarters out of three, won't win many games.

Good luck in the last...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:57 pm 
Ken Hunter

And that's all she wrote...

Vescio opportunistic and not always a whole lot more. Don't think we'll see this player in blue next year.

Grace Egan one of Melbourne's best tonight.

Quite an entertaining game, with many players busting their gut for our Club.

Until whenever the next season begins.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

The future looks bright the way they finished off this season. How good is Laloifi? As good as Gee is, they'll kill her playing her on the ball, too slight. Across half forward is the place for her.

Go Blues!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next