Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:13 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

tap in 79 wrote:
Blues 2005,

good point about games from 1988 to 90.

I would be more than happy to watch Carlton matches from that period.

Meldrum, Kernahan, Naley etc all played in that period.

There was also a match against Geelong around that period where the blues were down by 40 points at half time (or thereabouts) and came back to win. Why don't they show these matches instead of the matches from 2001-2003 over and over again?

It's really strange, they have NEVER as far as I know, shown ANY footage from the years 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991 and 1992. It's as if these years don't exist.

I'm just curious, more than anything, as to the reasoning behind this. I've been tempted to write in and ask but never have got around to it. Does anyone actually know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:11 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

camelboy wrote:
Oh, anyone know why Anthony Hudson and Clintin Grybas appear to have less time on air this year? Grybas shits me a bit, he moves around in his bloody chair too much on WLF and is rarely open to an alternate view to his won. But as a match day caller I don't mind him. Same with Huddo, I don't him, either as a show host or match caller.

Jim Wilson was clearly struggling to get the hang of The Winners last Sunday, hopefully he'll get better and develop some new cliche's so the cycle runs arounf a bit slower when there's more than a handful in regular rotation. He'll get there, don't you worry about that!

:lol:

Anthony Hudson has a regular afternoon spot on SEN with Dermie and Matt Hardy, so with his Channel 10 work, I think he may have taken this job over a spot on Fox Footy (not fact just my assumption). Don't know about Grybas, he doesn't work on SEN. Jim Wilson is an interesting one he lost his sports news reading gig on Channel 7 to Beverly O'Conner during the Olympics and didn't get it back when he returned. She's now been given the flick for of all people, Sandy Roberts. But it would appear Jim has moved on to a gig on Fox Footy, maybe replacing Grybas and/or Hudson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:27 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Blues2005 wrote:
tap in 79 wrote:
Blues 2005,

good point about games from 1988 to 90.

I would be more than happy to watch Carlton matches from that period.

Meldrum, Kernahan, Naley etc all played in that period.

There was also a match against Geelong around that period where the blues were down by 40 points at half time (or thereabouts) and came back to win. Why don't they show these matches instead of the matches from 2001-2003 over and over again?

It's really strange, they have NEVER as far as I know, shown ANY footage from the years 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991 and 1992. It's as if these years don't exist.

I'm just curious, more than anything, as to the reasoning behind this. I've been tempted to write in and ask but never have got around to it. Does anyone actually know?

Hmm...no idea really. I remember the 1993 final Essendon* v Adelaide being on recently. And a State of Origin from some time around then.

The more I think about it, the more I can't remember seeing any gams from those years.

Interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

The more Carlton people in the footy media the better. I get a bit sick of having to listen to all the Essendon* cronies.

Getting back to the original post, when they last showed the 79 grand final, it was the channel 2 version (not the channel 7 version which I already have on tape).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:17 am 
John Nicholls

"In the vicinity of Carey, in the vicinity of Carey...MAGNIFICENT!!!"

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
Love that bit on the Classic Quarters Ad.
Watched the CQ show the other day and they played that quarter.

Unreal to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:36 am 
Rod Ashman

Stefchook wrote:
The more Carlton people in the footy media the better. I get a bit sick of having to listen to all the Essendon* cronies.

Getting back to the original post, when they last showed the 79 grand final, it was the channel 2 version (not the channel 7 version which I already have on tape).

Stefchook, the 79 grand final ... yeah... they won't play that as they would prefer to show the 12th re-run of some boring home and away game from 2000-2003.

Anyone who is up to it and wants to see more Carlton footage should email to Fox Footy and encourage them to show Carlton games from premiership years. I think info@foxfooty.com.au is the email address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:41 am 
Bruce Doull

Wildman wrote:
camelboy wrote:
Oh, anyone know why Anthony Hudson and Clintin Grybas appear to have less time on air this year? Grybas shits me a bit, he moves around in his bloody chair too much on WLF and is rarely open to an alternate view to his won. But as a match day caller I don't mind him. Same with Huddo, I don't him, either as a show host or match caller.

Jim Wilson was clearly struggling to get the hang of The Winners last Sunday, hopefully he'll get better and develop some new cliche's so the cycle runs arounf a bit slower when there's more than a handful in regular rotation. He'll get there, don't you worry about that!

:lol:

Anthony Hudson has a regular afternoon spot on SEN with Dermie and Matt Hardy, so with his Channel 10 work, I think he may have taken this job over a spot on Fox Footy (not fact just my assumption). Don't know about Grybas, he doesn't work on SEN. Jim Wilson is an interesting one he lost his sports news reading gig on Channel 7 to Beverly O'Conner during the Olympics and didn't get it back when he returned. She's now been given the flick for of all people, Sandy Roberts. But it would appear Jim has moved on to a gig on Fox Footy, maybe replacing Grybas and/or Hudson.

Thanks. :wink:

Oh, if tap's email addy above doesn't work, try info@foxfooty.tv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:55 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

somethings not quite right???

On analogue, they would run Fox Footy and Fox footy Extra. Now with digital, where that is an easier process, they only run one station...

Are they planning to "launch" ANOTHER channel that you pay extra for??? :? The cynic in me wonders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:30 pm 
Bruce Comben

I like FoxFooty but there tends to be alot of repeats as people have mentioned and some supposed "great games" are really boring and onesided... :?

Bring the replay back too, for some reason (FoxFooty seems to be the worst) ever since 7 lost the rights, the ingame replays are really scrappy, there arent enough replays of freekicks and incidents anymore, its not good enough........something needs to be done I reckon.

Also they are soooooo slow when it comes to adjusting the camera in the shaded areas of the ground, I actually missed some action because it was so damn dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:51 pm 
Wayne Johnston

billc3 wrote:

On analogue, they would run Fox Footy and Fox footy Extra. Now with digital, where that is an easier process, they only run one station...

Are they planning to "launch" ANOTHER channel that you pay extra for??? :? The cynic in me wonders

Just my wild crazy imagination running wild but is it out of the question that Foxtel, who are currently struggling financially big time, might wind up foxfooty, sell all their foxfooty assets (cameras, equiptment, etc.) to the AFL who would start their own pay tv channel ie. foxsports, and lease their AFL pay tv channel programming back to foxtel.
Who knows what sort of programming that could lead to??

IMO pay tv/pay per view programming will move to online broadband distribution in the future. Telstra have got the game sown up coz they own all the infrastructure. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

budzy wrote:
billc3 wrote:

Just my wild crazy imagination running wild but is it out of the question that Foxtel, who are currently struggling financially big time, might wind up foxfooty, sell all their foxfooty assets (cameras, equiptment, etc.) to the AFL who would start their own pay tv channel ie. foxsports, and lease their AFL pay tv channel programming back to foxtel.
Who knows what sort of programming that could lead to??

IMO pay tv/pay per view programming will move to online broadband distribution in the future. Telstra have got the game sown up coz they own all the infrastructure. :wink:

In those articles there were certainly enough of those pieces in your proposed jigsaw puzzle. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:03 pm 
Harry Vallence

It is not Fox Footy's fault but it peeves me that in the bush where the free to air channel refuses to air live coverage the AFL should have the option to allow a pay TV service to show it.

I am a subscriber to Austar which shows Fox footy in darwin yet have to view many games on FTA a number of hours after the event when there is a "Winners with Flares" program on Fox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

NTBlue wrote:
It is not Fox Footy's fault but it peeves me that in the bush where the free to air channel refuses to air live coverage the AFL should have the option to allow a pay TV service to show it.

I am a subscriber to Austar which shows Fox footy in darwin yet have to view many games on FTA a number of hours after the event when there is a "Winners with Flares" program on Fox.

Agreed, and get on to the AFL about it NT. ;)

broadcasting@afl.com.au