Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:11 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Kaptain Kouta wrote:
fevolaaaa wrote:
it's a sub-standard stadium that is architectually flawed.

Indeed it is. The CrapDome was never designed for AFL, it was actually designed for soccer and Rugby Union, hence the rectangular design of the roof, but Seven threw a spanner in that by insisting that be made for AFL if they were to throw their cash into the project.

It's more of a white elephant than VFL Park, it's just newer.

Who was the tool that had the goals running North-South. As Sam Newman pointed out you're kicking with or against the sun. I know this has been a probelm on East-West goals late in a game, but it wouldn't be at TD.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:57 pm 
Bruce Doull

TruBlueBrad wrote:
Kaptain Kouta wrote:
fevolaaaa wrote:

Indeed it is. The CrapDome was never designed for AFL, it was actually designed for soccer and Rugby Union, hence the rectangular design of the roof, but Seven threw a spanner in that by insisting that be made for AFL if they were to throw their cash into the project.

Who was the tool that had the goals running North-South. As Sam Newman pointed out you're kicking with or against the sun. I know this has been a probelm on East-West goals late in a game, but it wouldn't be at TD.

The sun is a problem at Princes Park too don't forget. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:12 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

camelboy wrote:
TruBlueBrad wrote:
Kaptain Kouta wrote:
fevolaaaa wrote:

The sun is a problem at Princes Park too don't forget. ;)

lol yeah it is late in a game...its a problem the whole game at TD

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:46 pm 
Serge Silvagni

I couldn't believe how disgraceful the coverage was last Saturday. A list of problems:

1. Kevin Bartlett is a @#$%&! stooge. He is an out and out champion at stuffing up players names.. So Stevens and Teague have blonde hair, they're not flower identical twins you moron. He made the same mistake last year a couple of times when playing Sydney at TS, IIRC. He also happens to be, IMO, the worst commentator to be associated with the AFL (with Drew Morphett hot on his heels).

2. The sun was a big problem - visibility was reduced to nearly 0% before the camera adjusts to the change. Not good.

3. Glen Manton as the boundary commentator contributing nothing to the match. Pull the flower dictionary out of your mouth and actually tell us what's going on you knobber. Whilst I appreciate his oddball routine most of the time, he seemed on some kind of drug during the game. Glen, you really were a tool, mate.

4. Lack of around the ground camera work. So, Walker is off the ground, right? Oh wait, he actually has an ankle injury. What's this, he went straight up to the rooms and came out with a tracksuit on? My god, wouldn't it have been nice to see him limping off - we would have been able to determine for ourselves that the game was over for him. But we got no footage and no boundary info on the situation - well done, boys. As much as I hate ch.9 and Eddie's beat-ups, they at least would have been on the ball with that one.

All in all a very second rate performance.