Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:07 pm 
Craig Bradley

Absolutely the worst television viewing in football. For the entire 1st half about 30% of the ground was covered in shadows. The ball would go in, you see absolutely nothing, and the cameras adjust to the poor light just as the ball heads back into the sunshine again.

Absolute pain in the arse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:23 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Yeah, it was horrible viewing. Very annoying stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:39 pm 
Ken Hunter

Yep ... forget the 40,000 odd supporters who enjoyed breathing in some air and seeing some sun for the day, lets juck lock us into to the dark with such a beautiful day outside, just so the arm chair riders can get there viewing right. :roll:

Footy is an outside sport (rain, hail or shine) and some supporters really need to get out of their mothers wombs and enjoy life's pleasures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:52 pm 
Craig Bradley

SurreyBlue wrote:
Yep ... forget the 40,000 odd supporters who enjoyed breathing in some air and seeing some sun for the day, lets juck lock us into to the dark with such a beautiful day outside, just so the arm chair riders can get there viewing right. :roll:

Footy is an outside sport (rain, hail or shine) and some supporters really need to get out of their mothers wombs and enjoy life's pleasures.

We don't all live in marvellous Melbourne Surrey.

Maybe you need to look at the location under the poster's name before getting all high and mighty mate....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:52 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

SurreyBlue wrote:

I didn't realise Brisbane was mine and Ponkstar's mother's wombs. Is it both of our mother's wombs? Because Ponk and I have different mothers it would be highly unusual that Brisbane would the home for both of our mother's wombs. What do you know about this Surrey?

Plenty of games are played, during the day, outdoors, in the fresh air and sun. Today is the first time I can think of it being a problem in the way it was. The complaint was more to do with an inadequate Fox Footy TD than you breathing your precious fresh air Surrey...sorry to have to break that news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:31 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Ges Surrey, that foot of yours seems to have a homing instinct for your mouth...

Back to topic, agree totally re: tv coverage quality, was almost the worst ever. More quality commentary too, getting names wrong, and adjusting halfway through the call to try and stooge the viewer eg "ball goes to Nick Stevens (actually David Teague) and now Teague gets involved"

Memo commentators - if you make a mistake don't try and hide it... admit it and move on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:15 am 
Bruce Doull

SurreyBlue wrote:

Yeah, piss off all you Carlton supporters who aren't able to get to the game, the important supporters were able to see just fine thank you very much :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:11 pm 
John James

Try watching it right in front of a large screen rear projection TV in a smoke filled pub!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

You're such a flower surrey. I thought you'd be holding a vigil outside Optus and holding back the tears ....

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

Try being at the ground when the @#$%&! roof's open. It's a disgrace that the one time they could use the roof to the advantage of the supporters so they can see the game they open it....honestly if in the sun you can see jack SHIT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:26 pm 
Bruce Doull

Agree ponkstar, it's pretty average. I also thought that the ground surface was looking a bit patchy in parts, even though it looked pretty cherry ripe during the wizzer cup???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:54 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I managed to snare a ticket in the forward pocked only to realise it was covered in sun and I had no hat and no sunscreen...up to lvl 3 for the first back down for the 2nd.

How is it that the end that has the sun has the turf replaced? Seems odd when the other end doesn't get any sun on it.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:39 am 
Craig Bradley

TruBlueBrad wrote:
How is it that the end that has the sun has the turf replaced? Seems odd when the other end doesn't get any sun on it.

I suspect it was the Franklin Graham (Billy Graham's son) event the previous weekend. Apparently they had a stage on the ground, and so I'm guessing that was the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

Heavs wrote:
You're such a flower surrey. I thought you'd be holding a vigil outside Optus and holding back the tears ....

Nope. Just keeping an eye on our leg injuries for now. :wink:
Lets hope the ground isn't too hard in a couple of weeks time, or should I say, years time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

Deano Supremo wrote:
Ges Surrey, that foot of yours seems to have a homing instinct for your mouth...

Your probably right here Deano, but I'm just sick of our game changing for TV's sake. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:40 pm 
Wayne Johnston

The new grandstands at the G throw a fair shadow as well. Tv cameras continually having to re-adjust brightness. Gonna get annoying for tv viewers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:05 pm 
Rod Ashman

budzy wrote:
The new grandstands at the G throw a fair shadow as well. Tv cameras continually having to re-adjust brightness. Gonna get annoying for tv viewers.

Doesn't have any effect in person as I found out on Sunday. Not like that enclosed monstrosity across town

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:09 pm 
Ken Hunter

fevolaaaa wrote:
Doesn't have any effect in person as I found out on Sunday. Not like that enclosed monstrosity across town

You can't say that. :P
They will come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:26 pm 
Rod Ashman

SurreyBlue wrote:
fevolaaaa wrote:

You can't say that. :P
They will come.

I've been saying it for a very long time now...it's a sub-standard stadium that is architectually flawed. There's a new world class stadium across town, lucky Collingwood have made it their home base.

It wouldn't be so bad if they'd leave the roof open for night games where it's not raining and closed it when the glare makes it impossible to see anything. I know it's an outdoors game, but this isnt an "outdoors stadium" and it's not made for games in the sun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:47 pm 
Bruce Doull

fevolaaaa wrote:
it's a sub-standard stadium that is architectually flawed.

Indeed it is. The CrapDome was never designed for AFL, it was actually designed for soccer and Rugby Union, hence the rectangular design of the roof, but Seven threw a spanner in that by insisting that be made for AFL if they were to throw their cash into the project.

It's more of a white elephant than VFL Park, it's just newer.