Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Big Danny G wrote:
So the next time he was up against Licuria he just took all the hits and didn't hit back at all. Eventually the sting went out of the blows and Licuria got dis-interested almost.

And then lisped his way through a Collingwood Health Bar Radio Commercial. :roll:

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:15 pm 
John Nicholls

AGRO wrote:
Big Danny G wrote:
So the next time he was up against Licuria he just took all the hits and didn't hit back at all. Eventually the sting went out of the blows and Licuria got dis-interested almost.

And then lisped his way through a Collingwood Health Bar Radio Commercial. :roll:

But "it's for blokes!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

phoenix johnson wrote:
But "it's for blokes!"

No the health bar commercial not the shampoo commercial. :wink:

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:25 pm 
John Nicholls

AGRO wrote:
phoenix johnson wrote:
But "it's for blokes!"

No the health bar commercial not the shampoo commercial. :wink:

It's "still for blokes" though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:05 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

As a further point, in the last quarter Campo took a kickout and directed a short kick to the boundary line (back pocket) which was misdirected and intercepted, Stevens who had made space out beyond 50 was filthy and made no bones in directing his anger at Campo, even "Teddy" Prendergast who was next to Stevens gave Campo a look.

A clean possession at that point and a quick rebound goal may have made a difference (maybe not) but it was interesting the serve that Campo copped from members of the playing group. :?

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

you know what though.

one rule that i would like introduced and its this.

When a player physically makes contact with another, and the second player hits back with a push and the first player goes down like he was shot in the ass, where everyone can see it was just a case of a push and shove then the umpire should have the flower brains to pay a free kick and a 50m penalty against the first person for trying to milk a free kick.

Forget what Mal and Scott did to Revolt - what Rawlings does, what Brodie Holland does, Holland is the worst of the lot, brings the game into more disrepute than anything else in the game.

I flower hate it when the umpires allow this shit to go on.

If they introduced that, you watch all the crap like that go right out of the game. Hate it with a passion. Actually, its my Number one pet hate in football. :evil:

milking free kicks - cant flower stand it. Same goes for Llyod and his constant dives :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:37 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Brodie holland is a little bitch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:45 pm 
Ken Hunter

Yep, lets all blame Campo for getting irritated by the oppostion who have no intent on getting the ball but instead trying to suck in the umpire for a free ride. FairDinkum why don't we just blame the umpire for NOT giving anything to Campo to make these so called taggers play the ball. Then just maybe we could get a fair game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:57 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

ThePrez wrote:
you know what though.

one rule that i would like introduced and its this.

When a player physically makes contact with another, and the second player hits back with a push and the first player goes down like he was shot in the ass, where everyone can see it was just a case of a push and shove then the umpire should have the F@%&#! brains to pay a free kick and a 50m penalty against the first person for trying to milk a free kick.

Forget what Mal and Scott did to Revolt - what Rawlings does, what Brodie Holland does, Holland is the worst of the lot, brings the game into more disrepute than anything else in the game.

I F@%&#! hate it when the umpires allow this shit to go on.

If they introduced that, you watch all the crap like that go right out of the game. Hate it with a passion. Actually, its my Number one pet hate in football. :evil:

milking free kicks - cant F@%&#! stand it. Same goes for Llyod and his constant dives :evil:

Retaliator always gets caught. Still can't work out after all these years why an umpire would think a Greg Williams or a Robert Harvey or a Michael Voss or a Scott Camporeale would be initiating wrestling with their tagger or trying to belt him rather than going for the ball....brainless maggots!

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:09 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Rawlings bumped Camporeale slightly.
He has to be better than that.
BTw Rawlings 16 possessions and 5 marks compared to Campo's 13 possessions show he wins his own ball, he just shows accountability to his opponent.
Too many of Campos possies were handball recieves from a player who took a mark or free kick.
He needs to run hard and create an option as well as getting the easy ball.
Stevo recieves a lot of ball recieves but he runs his guts out to create a link up the field.
His workrate is phenomenal and his discipline is a lesson to Campo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:06 pm 
Bob Chitty

Was watching through the binnocs at Stevens giving it to Campo in the last quarter after he kicked the ball straight to a Roos player on the boundary line instead of straight up the ground.

Stevens appears more like a leader to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:31 am 
Bruce Doull

ThePrez's theory of the umpires being more awake to the taggers initiating trouble and being wise to dives is a good one, but in practice I can't see it even achieving the balance of justice we'd hope it to. For one, most of this stuff happens out of the umpire's eye, initially at least, even though with 3 field umpires you'd reckon one of them would catch it, it appears they don't. And to use an analogy from another code, in soccer you can get sent off for taking a dive, but you try and find a game where someone doesn't do just that. Zero tolerance would be the only way to enforce it, and that would be just unworkable because umpiring, or the rules, are so subjective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:28 am 
Bruce Doull

The Emergency umpire should be watching both the field and the TV footage on the day to assess diving and niggling. That would be a step towards having it picked up, as it's often on the cameras but out of sight of the umps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:05 am 
Stephen Silvagni

The umpires review their games with an advisor every week. Surely they review tagger's and their tactics as well. Then they could be told

'Right watch out for Rawlings, Baker, Bannister and Licuria...they're notorious for holding and blocking at stop play's. Pay a free kick the first time you see it and clear it up.'

btw thats not a knock on JB, just wanted to acknowledge we have our taggers as well.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:28 am 
Craig Bradley

JB certainly is our tagger

but in his defence i dont think he goes at it like Rawlings and Brodie Holland do.

cant stand Brodie Holland and they way he flops to the ground when some has a go at him :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:44 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

brodie holland is a dirty little bitch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

Im glad Stevo gave Campo a mouthful - shows he has got leadership qualities.

I would go so far as to say that whilst campos inconsistent leadership is a concern, for carlton to remain a unified team, and also to go forward, each individual should be trying to lead on the ground. Its understandable that campo got hammered by posters on here given his role as Vice Captain, but again I believe everyone is resposnible for leadership on the ground.

We have a young team, and if everyone makes a consistent effort to step up, then that can only be benefical to the clubs success.