Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:33 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:22 am 
Bruce Doull

Zippy wrote:
IIRC on MMM they said he was walking along the boundary in the 3rd term. Can anyone confirm this, cos if that is the case it might not be that serious.

The TV showed him limp to the bench without crutches which can only be a positive sign (I hope). I've never seen a player with a serious knee injury walking around without crutches immediately afterward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:23 pm 
Rod Ashman

I don't think it was a case of how may black cats Deano, maybe when he hit the cat he reversed and ran over it again. Really feel for the kid, if he fell into a barrel full of boobies he'd come out sucking his thumb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:45 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Wojee wrote:
Zippy wrote:
IIRC on MMM they said he was walking along the boundary in the 3rd term. Can anyone confirm this, cos if that is the case it might not be that serious.

The TV showed him limp to the bench without crutches which can only be a positive sign (I hope). I've never seen a player with a serious knee injury walking around without crutches immediately afterward.

Didn't Mark "The Fridge" Roberts play out a match with a knee injury in 94 or 95? Then, missed the season?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:05 pm 
Bruce Doull

Beantown wrote:
I don't think it was a case of how may black cats Deano, maybe when he hit the cat he reversed and ran over it again. Really feel for the kid, if he fell into a barrel full of boobies he'd come out sucking his thumb.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:15 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

On a side note, did anyone see Livo's little interview in the Footy record?

His 3 ideal dinner party guests were Michael Jordan, Schumacher (I think it was.... some sportsman), and Brad Pitt.

Hmm..... an interesting choice in there. No bosomy blonde (B.Harvey in the North one picked Tara Reid, for example).

Brad Pitt

Now, I'm not implying anything about this necessarily......... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

Really disappointed for livo, the guy was just starting to get some level of confidence back. Just mentioned on 3aw that his ankle is not as bad as first thought - might only be a couple of weeks.

Also, MRI revealed that Walks has a torn calf - didn't give any indication of time out, but prob 3-4 weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:07 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Stefchook wrote:
Didn't SOS miss about a year's footy with a long-term ankle problem (in the early 90s), that he just couldn't get right?

He did the ankle in Rnd 3 from memory against North, the week after kicking 8 against Hawthorn. Not sure how many, if any, he missed directly after the injury, but he did make it back, struggled and eventually had surgery at the break for SOO, missed about 4 weeks, came on after half time in the return game against Hawthorn...played out the season and most of this career at Full-Back.

Parkin later said the injury was almost a blessing in disguise because his ankle didn't allow him to really regain the high flying style he had and so he was forced to keep his feet on the ground and the injuries that plagued him earlier in his career laregely disappeared.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:50 pm 
Rod McGregor

The Tyrant wrote:
On a side note, did anyone see Livo's little interview in the Footy record?

His 3 ideal dinner party guests were Michael Jordan, Schumacher (I think it was.... some sportsman), and Brad Pitt.

Hmm..... an interesting choice in there. No bosomy blonde (B.Harvey in the North one picked Tara Reid, for example).

Brad Pitt

Now, I'm not implying anything about this necessarily......... :?

Are you sure Livo didn't nominate Jordan rather than Michael Jordan. Sure Jordan isn't big in sports, but I understand she is big in other ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:05 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Must be honest here! I've never really liked Livo............but jesus i feel for the kid, just after he started to get some form the poor bastard get's an injury! i really feel for him!