Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I see Prenda as a wingman. Tall, can run, will outmark a lot of opponents , can be used as a go-to guy. Footpassing deficiencies overcome by instructing him to kick long at all costs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:38 pm 
Garry Crane

i dont think thurstans is playing .. injuryupdate.com.au has him down for a round 5 return .. so thats one prob solved :D

.. go blues ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:45 pm 
Wayne Johnston

O.P.

Post subject: Buzaaah
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:49 pm 
Craig Bradley

I see Prenda as a wingman as well but given our dearth of key position players and given after French he is our only senior player over 192 cms and built substantially he must try and step up and play on tredrea or at the very least Lade.In other circumstances we wouldnt ask him too but dont think you should have the 185 cm teague playing on strong taller and faster Tredrea .At least prenda has similar physical attributes to tredrea morrell and to a lesser extent norman dont. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

He needs to get more mongrel about him. He doesnt know how to physically impose himself on the opposition. May have to try him down back tho Frank, the options are pretty limited

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:11 pm 
Bruce Comben

I agree with some of the other posters here.
Prenda looks like our best option for Tredrea this week. Most similar body build and no doubt he should be able to run out the game. We know what happened last year when we started Teague on Tredrea. Prenda taking Tredrea would free up Morrell to take the resting ruckman and Norman to take Port's other tall forward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:13 pm 
John Nicholls

Prenda looks doubtful for this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:15 pm 
Geoff Southby

phoenix johnson wrote:
Prenda looks doubtful for this weekend.

Doubtful to play or doubtful generally (looks something like garthp face)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:28 pm 
John Nicholls

Doubtful to play.
See the latest training report.

Post subject: Prenda
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:38 pm 
Geoff Southby

Prenda stuffed TBirds knee ? Shit .I hope it dont take him as long to get over it as it did Red after Fev cannoned into his shoulder .Only jossin thought police.Like Prenda out on the wing myself,coz that is where he can exploit his one great strength,enormous running capacity.Actually think the power midfield could be exposed at the moment.Crows gave them a nice old shellacking in the midfield last week.Prenda,along with Bannister,Walker and Chambers who are all great endurance runners could blowtorch there unusually suspect midfield.Run them off there feet in there .Get 1 st touch and tredrea and his co forwards will have to come up the ground to get a kick,and thus lose there effectiveness.Sounds simple hey ! Yeah ! Stack the side with runners yay ! Stuff it .What the hell.Bring in Clarkey too.All or nothing..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:38 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Actually in terms of body strength, size and speed off the lead Fev is probably best matched to Tredrea so while we're ignoring where players are best suited lets play Fev on him.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:05 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The way he's playing, might play Fev back into form by playing him at CHB. He was on HBF a few times on the weekend trying to help out.

- Igor Stravinsky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:15 am 
Bruce Comben

I love Prenda's endeavour but with a depleted midfield and backline Prenda must step up and fill the void if he wants to stay in the side.

Our fringe players must step up and be counted when we need them or risk being overtaken by younger players.

Prenda is capable and must be given more time on the ground to prove to himself and the team he is the real deal.

Prenda was in the form of his life before he got injured late last year, lets hope he stands up these next few weeks.

Post subject: Re: Prenda
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:17 am 
Ken Hunter

Mickstar wrote:
Stuff it .What the hell.Bring in Clarkey too.All or nothing..

YAY! :D

Seriously, I think Prenda's finding it hard at the moment because he's not staying on the ground for very long. He's not an impact player like, say, Betts. He's an endurance player. Keeping him on the bench doesn't help that. Play him for a full match and see how he goes.

Post subject: Re: Prenda
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:09 am 
Stephen Silvagni

thehalford wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Stuff it .What the hell.Bring in Clarkey too.All or nothing..

YAY! :D

Seriously, I think Prenda's finding it hard at the moment because he's not staying on the ground for very long. He's not an impact player like, say, Betts. He's an endurance player. Keeping him on the bench doesn't help that. Play him for a full match and see how he goes.

I think people are failing to see this is why he's not having an impact...so they want to drop him.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:20 am 
Garry Crane

Why try and hide our weaknesses with players playing in stupid positions just because they've got the right 'build' or something? We want to hide our weaknesses but not that way, we want to hide them by using our strengths and by exaggerating there weaknesses. So why not go all out and try to exagerate there weaknesses.

Ports weakness is definitley not height or skill or hardball gets, it's run. So why not have a scrappy running game?

I think we can match them in the hardness area, and like someone else said with Walker, Bannister, Chambers and the like we could absolutley blew them out of the water.

AND we have the most courageous backline in the league, let's just basically sacrifice our players and tell them to leap into the way of any Tredrea lead.

Hide our deficincies and exaggerate there weaknesses.... I hope that made sence :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:27 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Big Danny G wrote:
AND we have the most courageous backline in the league, let's just basically sacrifice our players and tell them to leap into the way of any Tredrea lead.

Hide our deficincies and exaggerate there weaknesses.... I hope that made sence :?

I'm sure you won't get any arguments from David Teague. I'm sure we'll have French dropping back into Tredrea's space.

What you say does make sense. Rather than bottling the game up, play all our runners and exploit their maybe 1 weakness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:38 am 
Horrie Clover

Prenda came good last year when we were struggling in the ruck and he was thrown in to the center as a ruckman...given plenty of game time and being involed in a lot of the play realy bought the best out in him...

This season he seems to be taking a back seat to De Luca in the second ruck spot and with less ground time is struggling to realy get involved when he does come on..

Play him as a ruck rover and take the ruck when Barnaby needs a rest and I'm sure he'll get back to where he was last year..some players thrive the harder they work and the tougher it gets and I think Prenda is one of them..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

Thanks to molsey for his request to merge a couple of Prenda threads. ;)

Isn't Prenda just in the team to make sure chief gets along on gameday. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:17 pm 
Geoff Southby

I think the comment on Prenda's endurance is the key. The guy needs to be out there, running amok, getting stats and using his marking ability.

But Pagan isn't using him like that. 2 theories:

1) Prenders is on his way out!
2) Pagan is testing another method at the moment, he knows Prenders is a keen runner and will keep him in the team, but Pagan is that impressed with the form of French that he's keeping him on-ball say 90% of the time to see how the team performs.

Overall, it still surprises me to see ADL in the ruck but maybe if he kicks another 3 one game, he'll play forward the whole time. Apart from taking up space from Fev in the goal square (notwithstanding Fev's leading ability)_, he appears more useful forward.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next