Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

I was rapt that the filth lost the Wizard Cup 2002 and day grand finals in 2002-03, it made us having bad years a little more tolerable knowing that their supporters were bleeding ( again ) after yet another grand final loss.

They may have made record profits, have Lexus stadium and all that other crap that make them THINK they are good. But they didn't get any silverware.

And that is the great difference between Carlton and Collingwood...... we win grand finals..... they don't.

How ya doin now Eddie!!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

You know what at the end of the day I dont care. My Grandparents supported the Pies and so long as we smash them by one point :twisted: im happy. I only care about us. No on else counts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:42 pm 
Ken Hunter

we swim in the deep blue sea

they watch from a black and white shore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:44 pm 
John Nicholls

Difference?

We're better than them.

Do we need another reason?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:55 pm 
Bruce Doull

dannyboy wrote:
we swim in the deep blue sea

they watch from a black and white shore

Yes.......a rhys shore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:57 pm 
Laurie Kerr

bax wrote:
I was rapt that the filth lost the Wizard Cup 2002 and day grand finals in 2002-03, it made us having bad years a little more tolerable knowing that their supporters were bleeding ( again ) after yet another grand final loss.

They may have made record profits, have Lexus stadium and all that other crap that make them THINK they are good. But they didn't get any silverware.

And that is the great difference between Carlton and Collingwood...... we win grand finals..... they don't.

How ya doin now Eddie!!! :P

Yep, all that $ and media coverage and 40,000 + members (with a collective IQ of a dead pigeon) mean F*** all when you have won 1, yes 1 premiership in nearly 50 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

in the bin CK - now!!!!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:05 pm 
Bruce Doull

Only one team has won 16 grand finals. Two have won 14. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:29 pm 
Laurie Kerr

camelboy wrote:
Only one team has won 16 grand finals. Two have won 14. :lol:

And Collingwood won one after losing one the week before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:47 am 
Ken Hunter

:?:

I thought they lost one after drawing one the week before. Or am I missing something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:26 am 
Harry Vallence

I quite liked this "gem" from the Hack in todays Hun:

Quote:
The Carlton faithful have had moments of joy during the past two years, but they have been brief, principally surprise wins over Collingwood and Essendon*.

It's here:[url=http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,12536862%255E20322,00.html]Blues grateful Collo resisted urge to slash
[/url]

and that's another difference, we always want to beat them and do. They always want to beat us and don't.

and that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:43 am 
St Kilda Supporter

From an outsider....

IMO is the coach.....

You have a coach who is compassionate and listens and has the time to talk with EVERY player…..

Malthouse IMO is arrogant and cannot relate to some players and treats the press with contempt….

he has not and will never realise that when he talk to the press, he is talking to the supporters…. Basically he is just a PIG

I remember before the first game last year, and how he berated the press when they asked him about not having the best line up, due to injuries….

And he lashed back and said that the press belittled the players in the 22 and said that this was the best side Blaa Blaa

Three weeks later he goes on about the injuries to his side :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:44 am 
Harry Vallence

the Mind is slow, but the heart is weak!!!!

Don't rate Malthouse. Petulant too often, and not really a sucess. Only at WC where they were always going to win a flag. Really, look at the Dogs and the Pies. His record isn't that good.

Robert Frost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:48 am 
Ken Hunter

He didn't do too badly at the Dogs, did he? I thought they reached a couple of Prelims while he was there. Admittedly they were crap in his last year, almost to the point of closure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:52 am 
Harry Vallence

fair enough, but they always lose the big games. He is a premiership coach only at WC.

Robert Frost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:20 am 
Rod Ashman

I don't think it is right to stick the boot into Collingwood - they have many things to be proud of.

Their record in the first 50 years of their existence was better than Carlton's, their win/loss record etc.

I just think that a bit of humility in victory goes a lot further than sticking the boot in to other teams. I agree that their record in grand finals isn't flash - but in some instances they got into grand finals when really they shouldn't have with the cattle they had - eg 1980/1981 etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:59 pm 
Garry Crane

I'm happy to clarify the history. Here is the story of the early flags won by the filth.

1902 - Their first premiership was won after they lost their semi to Fitzroy. Fitzroy lost the Final to the scum. The filth then challenged the scum and beat them for the premiership.

1917 - Filth won their semi over South but lost the Final to Fitzroy. They challenged and won the Grand Final

1919 - Filth beat us in the semi but lost the Final to Richmond. They challenged and won the Grand Final

1929 - Filth lost their semi to Richmond (after winning all 18 H&A games). Richmond beat us in the final. Filth challenged the Tigers and won.

9 of their premierships were won before a decent finals system was put in place. Three cheers for the McIntye system.

Acknowledgement - the challenge rule helped us in 1914. We won our semi against Fitzroy but then lost the final to South and beat them in the Grand Final after challenging.

There was a year when Collingwood had a draw (as thehalford noted). In 1928 they drew their semi against Melbourne but won the replay and then the final over Richmond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:07 pm 
Geoff Southby

tap in 79 wrote:
I don't think it is right to stick the boot into Collingwood - they have many things to be proud of.

Their record in the first 50 years of their existence was better than Carlton's, their win/loss record etc.

I just think that a bit of humility in victory goes a lot further than sticking the boot in to other teams. I agree that their record in grand finals isn't flash - but in some instances they got into grand finals when really they shouldn't have with the cattle they had - eg 1980/1981 etc.

Interesting sentiment given your username :wink:

Ronald Reagan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:12 pm 
Rod Ashman

Exactly how did the challenge rule work. Who had the right to challenge and were they only allowed to challenge for a GF?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:25 pm 
Serge Silvagni

blueman wrote:
Exactly how did the challenge rule work. Who had the right to challenge and were they only allowed to challenge for a GF?

I think the minor premiers had the right to challenge. Not sure of the exact rules, but it did cost us winning 4 in a row.