Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:28 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

it just hasta continue for two more weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

diesel95 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Any video or audio of the Blues-only radio (Sellers, Johnno etc)? I bet they went bananas in the last minute! :lol:

i’d love to watch the replay with their blues biased commentary than heat another moment of BT’s constant jabs at Carlton and fake enthusiasm when we play well. pretty over the lot of the seven/fox callers actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great description.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:44 pm 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
Street Fighter 2 impersonations.

:lol:

Like this ?

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:28 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I just finished watching the replay of the game and I can’t believe Acres performance. I reckon for pretty much every Melbourne score or Carlton score Acres was either in the goal square or nearby, almost always unmarked. He must have spent the entire game sorting from goal square to goal square.

But you can also add that at almost every around stoppage he was also there as a an unmarked extra.

The guy is a machine and must stink because none of the Melbourne players went hear him all night.

I also,noticed that Charlie was free in space many times and wasn’t delivered the ball, he also was so close to taking quite a few marks within scoring distance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:47 am 
Harry Vallence

Wojee wrote:
17th Premiership wrote:
Agro jr wrote:
not sure if this has already been shared, but Dwayne Russell not being able to contain his disappointment when Acres kicks the goal in the last minute is very funny.

the little weasel Tom Morris being on comms for the Melbourne commentary, also very funny.

https://www.facebook.com/SEN1116/videos ... tid=cr9u03

Does he particularly dislike Carlton?
It looks to me like he lost a bet…

On the other hand, did you notice Gerard Healy’s jaw literally drop when Acres kicked the goal? Not in a grumpy way - in a ‘wow’ wtf kind of way…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan Brown looked like it just killed one of his shit multi's.

I think he just perpetually looks like that.

The most recent multi of his I saw had Zac Fisher for 20+ in a game he wasn't playing in.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:25 am 
Bruce Doull

CK95 wrote:
Must confess I'd given up too. Thought we'd just lost to the better side on the night & like others, didn't feel too terrible about it. Words like gallant, &, dare I say it, brave, were going through my head. I accepted that you're not going to win every game you play.

The Acres goal completely threw me into chaos again. Firstly I thought he'd missed, so I had my head thrown back in despair, only to look back & see the players celebrating. Then it was our game to lose, so I started stressing again :lol:

I had earphones on but couldn't hear the commentary. People were asking me how much time remaining & I was embarrassingly useless to them. Then I thought I heard the commentator say 30 seconds, so I let everyone know.

The siren went about 10 seconds later :lol:

Again, got confused thinking hang on, wasn't there meant to be 30 seconds? Was that really the siren?

Bugger it, yep, of course it was the bloody siren.

I went in the MCC with a medico mate of mine who I hadn't seen in 10 years, & we just became children in the pandemonium. Street Fighter 2 impersonations. Hugs with each other, & with randoms. Glances at the moron Melbourne supporters who'd been stationed behind us. Just amazing, the whole ending was like getting a governor's pardon when you're on death row.

The walk through the park to the city afterwards was unforgettable, so many chats with strangers over the noise of cars honking like it was 1995 again.

Had late night Chinese in the city & tried to break down together what the hell had just happened. We both concluded it was a game where you simply have to watch the replay. All we could recall was someone had passed to doc who took a really good mark & found Acres. And that there'd been some ripping smothers late.

Got home at 1:30, stayed awake til 4 even though I had tennis with the kids in the morning. Just didn't care.

I really, really don't want this to stop.

Awesome! :clap:

I had the radio on as well, but there was a pretty crappy delay and when they had the kick in after the Kennedy behind I thought there was about 30 seconds left. I also had a double take when the siren went very soon after! :smoking:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:31 am 
Bruce Doull

That delay is really annoying

You need the SEN Stadium app. Or, gasp, put up with MMM who are on correct time

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:44 am 
Serge Silvagni

Two more sleeps.

Another "against all odds" victory and Nothing will stop us on 30th Sept.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

Ghost of PrincesPark wrote:
Two more sleeps.

Another "against all odds" victory and Nothing will stop us on 30th Sept.

I like you. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16