Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:54 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:16 pm 
Serge Silvagni

View here and scroll down...

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1435017

(sorry couldn't find a direct postable link)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:48 pm 
John James

aboynamedsue wrote:
Any video or audio of the Blues-only radio (Sellers, Johnno etc)? I bet they went bananas in the last minute! :lol:

i’d love to watch the replay with their blues biased commentary than heat another moment of BT’s constant jabs at Carlton and fake enthusiasm when we play well. pretty over the lot of the seven/fox callers actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:50 pm 
John James

lucablue wrote:
OMG, what was Blacres doing so deep in fwd line at the end, it was like he was hiding behind the point post. And to squeeze it through goals like he was kicking a penalty shot with a goal keeper. OMFG!!!!!

There is a god, & he barracks for Carlton.

better question what were Gov and Kemp doing up there?!? followed their defenders i guess?!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:58 pm 
John James

club29 wrote:
Cazzesman wrote:
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I can not tell a lie. 5 mins into the 3rd quarter, Mrs Caz says..............."It's you or me!".................to leave the TV room. :eek:

So I left and went and lay on the bed with my headphones listening to the soothing sounds of Londan Grammar. I'm not proud of myself, but I was serene and most importantly, the TV was not broken. :lol:

At the end she came in and was highly agitated :lol: :lol: She told me the result and I am all the better for it :donk: :donk: :donk: :thanks:

Go Blues.

Regards Cazzesman

I have completely ignored both finals until the result is known. I can't deal with it live. So both weeks I head off for a surf at URBNsurf then sit in the garden office watching docos until 10.40pm when I get the scores.Then up til 2am watching the replay only 2/3rds as nervous as I would be watching live.

i get that. i monitor scores but try and get some study or work done. i do a lot of work off the ball though. if we’re in a rut i’ll switch activities to something more energetic. ;-).

a friend of mine who really knows her football SMSed me during Q4 saying “i can’t watch!” (she goes for Fitzroy/Lions but a lot of her family go for blues”. i said i wasn’t watching but seems like it was too hard against Dees defence without H and martin. then at about 32 min in the last i looked at scores, Melbourne still ahead and i read that “full timeline” text below the graph on the AFL app and figured the game had ended. i wasn’t at al sad or regretful.

then minute later she SMS me again saying “you should watch be watching now!” omg. amazing, snatch of a game. i can handle the stress but i can’t handle the feeling like when i watch they opposition get a run on. every flowering time. might have to watch this week. nobody outside carlton expects a blues win anyway. haha.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:01 pm 
John James

kezza wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
I hope Kozzi is cited for all three head high hits

https://x.com/carltonfcblues/status/170 ... LCWKzCXtuA

I hadnt seen that one.
He cannot help himself, he will likely get suspended for the Cripps hit but probably get fined at best for the other 2.

you were correct! was my Dees supporting friend who alerted me before this final to what a grub Kosi can be at times. even Dees supporters don’t respect it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:53 pm 
Bob Chitty

Ghost of PrincesPark wrote:

View here and scroll down...

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1435017

(sorry couldn't find a direct postable link)

this is flower epic. so many good camera angles and commentary to be seen and heard. it was something at the game, but this is something else as well.

god i hope the journey continues this weekend ..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:00 am 
Bruce Doull

Still processing to be honest.

It's weird though, at the game when we were down with only a couple of minutes left I never felt resigned to losing. This isn't the Carlton team of the preceding years, this is the Carlton team of now, and that team never rolls over.
I thought the crowd was overwhelmingly Carlton against Sydney, but even the Swans were louder than the Melbourne supporters who let the Carlton crowd's boos drown out their cheers for their team entering the arena. Such an odd bunch of fans.
Thankfully I was spared the drunken and boorish fans this time, everyone around me was passionate and loud, but not abusive. When we took the lead and then when the siren sounded it was legitimately the loudest thing I've experienced. Apparently I must've joined in because my throat was even more sore than my ears afterwards.

I'm terrible at remembering who played well when I'm at the game, but Acres, Weitering, De Koning and Walsh were clear standouts. Charlie was well held both figuratively and literally and really needs McKay and Martin in the side to prevent him being double and triple teamed at every contest.
Players who will be nervous about their spot will be Cuningham, Fogarty and perhaps Kennedy.

Was good to be able to briefly catch up with Camel after the game, even if we were both almost in a state of shock.

While I'm not confident going into Saturday's game, this team is definitely capable of pulling something out of the hat. Go Blues!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:04 am 
Laurie Kerr

Just on the Acres play on decision, whilst he went close to the post the kick was as straight as an arrow, he simply aimed close to the post because that was the straight line he was moving. Right decision to my mind, but gee if he'd missed it ....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:29 am 
Bruce Comben

"Just on the Acres play on decision, whilst he went close to the post the kick was as straight as an arrow, he simply aimed close to the post because that was the straight line he was moving. Right decision to my mind"
Spot on. Watched it again last night and from the zoomed in angle there was no issue. Kick went straight as a die. Still thought he'd missed at first glance!!!
I think he did the right thing playing on and he continues do do the right thing throughout the back half of the season. Acres, Docherty and Cottrell have been absolutely brilliant running up and down the wings. Without that we wouldn't be in a prelim this week.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:00 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Just read a summary of the last goal elsewhere

- Weitering with the knock to throat to Hollands
- Hollands first year player who come on as sub to Doc
- Docherty who'd put his shoulder out earlier to Acres
- Acres playing with bruised collar bone marks and goals

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:32 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Wojee wrote:
It's weird though, at the game when we were down with only a couple of minutes left I never felt resigned to losing.

Bloody hell, I had!
Yes they've been super resilient but we hadn't looked like scoring. I thought we were gone.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
Wojee wrote:
It's weird though, at the game when we were down with only a couple of minutes left I never felt resigned to losing.

Bloody hell, I had!
Yes they've been super resilient but we hadn't looked like scoring. I thought we were gone.

Same here. At the ground, I was uncharacteristically calm because I had accepted our fate. We were done. Our roller coaster ride was over. Then, Acres kicked that goal….and absolute panic set in. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

not sure if this has already been shared, but Dwayne Russell not being able to contain his disappointment when Acres kicks the goal in the last minute is very funny.

the little weasel Tom Morris being on comms for the Melbourne commentary, also very funny.

https://www.facebook.com/SEN1116/videos ... tid=cr9u03

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:14 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Dwaye Russell's always been a flog.

But I did think he summed up the scenario better than most just before that 2 min. began.

He's a dick but he's not too bad a commentator sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ghost of PrincesPark wrote:
Dwaye Russell's always been a flog.

But I did think he summed up the scenario better than most just before that 2 min. began.

He's a dick but he's not too bad a commentator sometimes.

Begrudgingly agree.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wojee wrote:
…Was good to be able to briefly catch up with Camel after the game, even if we were both almost in a state of shock…

:beer:

There's no almost about it, I was definitely in some form of shock! :lol: :smoking:

Reckon I could handle that again for another two weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:42 pm 
Rod Ashman

Agro jr wrote:
not sure if this has already been shared, but Dwayne Russell not being able to contain his disappointment when Acres kicks the goal in the last minute is very funny.

the little weasel Tom Morris being on comms for the Melbourne commentary, also very funny.

Does he particularly dislike Carlton?
It looks to me like he lost a bet…

On the other hand, did you notice Gerard Healy’s jaw literally drop when Acres kicked the goal? Not in a grumpy way - in a ‘wow’ wtf kind of way…

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

17th Premiership wrote:
Agro jr wrote:

Does he particularly dislike Carlton?
It looks to me like he lost a bet…

On the other hand, did you notice Gerard Healy’s jaw literally drop when Acres kicked the goal? Not in a grumpy way - in a ‘wow’ wtf kind of way…

Nathan Brown looked like it just killed one of his shit multi's.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:17 pm 
Ken Hunter

aboynamedsue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Wojee wrote:

Bloody hell, I had!

Same here. At the ground, I was uncharacteristically calm because I had accepted our fate. We were done. Our roller coaster ride was over. Then, Acres kicked that goal….and absolute panic set in. :lol:
I was the same. Wanting the game to hurry up and end so I could go home and thinking at least there's not a huge amount of Melbourne supporters to give me the shits on the way home.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

Must confess I'd given up too. Thought we'd just lost to the better side on the night & like others, didn't feel too terrible about it. Words like gallant, &, dare I say it, brave, were going through my head. I accepted that you're not going to win every game you play.

The Acres goal completely threw me into chaos again. Firstly I thought he'd missed, so I had my head thrown back in despair, only to look back & see the players celebrating. Then it was our game to lose, so I started stressing again :lol:

I had earphones on but couldn't hear the commentary. People were asking me how much time remaining & I was embarrassingly useless to them. Then I thought I heard the commentator say 30 seconds, so I let everyone know.

The siren went about 10 seconds later :lol:

Again, got confused thinking hang on, wasn't there meant to be 30 seconds? Was that really the siren?

Bugger it, yep, of course it was the bloody siren.

I went in the MCC with a medico mate of mine who I hadn't seen in 10 years, & we just became children in the pandemonium. Street Fighter 2 impersonations. Hugs with each other, & with randoms. Glances at the moron Melbourne supporters who'd been stationed behind us. Just amazing, the whole ending was like getting a governor's pardon when you're on death row.

The walk through the park to the city afterwards was unforgettable, so many chats with strangers over the noise of cars honking like it was 1995 again.

Had late night Chinese in the city & tried to break down together what the hell had just happened. We both concluded it was a game where you simply have to watch the replay. All we could recall was someone had passed to doc who took a really good mark & found Acres. And that there'd been some ripping smothers late.

Got home at 1:30, stayed awake til 4 even though I had tennis with the kids in the morning. Just didn't care.

I really, really don't want this to stop.

Sent from my Nokia G21 using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next