Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: !
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:59 pm 
Ken Hunter

Yep its time,
Time to organise just where I'll meet up with my brother (only the two of us left now going to the footy - @#$%&! when did we get old...)
Time to gargle, I've already warned work don't expect me to be able to talk on Monday.
Time to remember the finals...

all the finals...starting with 68 and moving through then years and decades and now into the next century, @#$%&! its been a long ride
and worth it
even the last 20....yep worth it cos we are back now...back and building...
Can we win it? This final and all the finals? Why not...why the @#$%&! not...
and if we don't after the agony, the summer...the building and we'll be back again...this club has finally found its soul...
you can hear it in the crowds as they scream after a Curnow goal, a Cripps burst, a Weitering grab...a mad scramble of bluebagger players and then the streaming forwards...ahh the streaming forwards...always takes me back to the 80's when we streamed forward...to the third quarters...to the fists on the signage..the rumble of the bluebagger throats as the goals pile on and on...
you can see it in the players eyes...eyes of steel...eyes that flicker in my mind, take me back to Big Nick's eyes, to Deisel's eyes and Sticks' eyes...

Yep another sleep and it's the tram ride...how many tram rides...that feeling of big bad blue butterflies fluttering in the guts...the eye contact with other bluebaggers boarding...the smiles and fist pumps...the building bluebagger roar as you approach the ground...
The MCG
where I first saw Jezza soar so high it was like Icarus!
When Ragsy...my dear old Ragsy... ran the lines, hair flying, wrist bands shining and that odd kicking style that I must have practiced a thousand times as a kid.

They are there, all the heroes of this club, all there in my mind's eye, taking speccies, kicking goals, running, leaping, twisting and underneath it all...

the roar...

the glorious Bluebagger roar...A roar that makes the trees in Parkville stand taller...a Roar that shrinks the balls of every other supporter....the bluebagger roar...
So get your voices ready my lovilies!
We'll be using them tomorrow night as the stars watch behind the clouds...as the city thrums with our bluebagger souls...as hearts and heads forgo sense and sensibility and join the roar, the rage, the glorious abandonment to this club...to the boys...the jumper...that magnificent emblem...

Oh I cannot wait....and yet I can....for this is the pause before the storm...the breath before the scream... the fist calmly clenching before the punch...

Oh this is what we have been dreaming of for far far too long and now it is almost upon us...almost...

The tram...the walk...the gate...the voices...the calm before the storm and then the ball held aloft and the roar...the great big single voice roar of the bluebagger faithful screaming "We are back! We are Back! We never went anywhere and we are back!!!"

Post subject: Re: !
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:12 pm 
Robert Walls

Thanks Dannyboy

AND the joyous belting out of our tune over and over again as one tribe once the siren completes the game….

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:28 pm 
Ken Hunter

cannot wait LB...singing it over and over...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

Go Blues!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

Good on you dannyboy. Have a great night!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:03 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:10 am 
Bruce Doull

One of your best dannyboy!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:12 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Yep. Bewdiful.
I look forward to them DB.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:41 am 
Robert Walls

Can't wait to hear the roar when Charlie goals and flexes his biceps

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:43 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Brilliant. Go the @#$%&! baggers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:08 pm 
Ken Hunter

I love how my swearing title became ! Is it a sign? Are we about to emphatically win? Or is it the sound of the roar? !!!!!!