Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:39 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

dannyboy wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Strutted through Altona Gate Shopping Centre this morning with my Carlton cap on - thinking I’m cock of the walk.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well a few hours later I strutted through Altona Gate shopping centre with my cock out.

Wins do strange things.

did anyone notice?

It was a cold day

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blue Vain wrote:
dannyboy wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
AGRO wrote:
Strutted through Altona Gate Shopping Centre this morning with my Carlton cap on - thinking I’m cock of the walk.

Well a few hours later I strutted through Altona Gate shopping centre with my cock out.

Wins do strange things.

did anyone notice?

It was a cold day

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:31 am 
John James

How good was that? Two heart attacks in two hours.

At the G watching an intense but understandably underappreciated opening quarter while checking phone updates and giving up on glancing at distant TV screens. A Matildas-Blues double act.

Was disappointed with our three-point lead at the quarter after totally dominating, but somehow we found the energy to forge a lead in the third and again in the fourth. Despite our inefficiency in the first, however, our intent might have given the Dees just a little pause, even if they outthunk us for a while.

That was a win for the ages and I hope we can keep building. I'm expecting a flat patch next week but I don't care as long as we keep finding ways to win - and we are finding different ways.

Okay...yes, it was touched, and it should have been a free to Marchbank, so it should have been a five-point win. Next...

Umpiring was roughly equal, if at times somewhat atrocious. Cuningham's 'sling' tackle has to be the slowest, most carefully constructed bubble wrap I have ever seen, and I think they were just too bamboozled by Cincotta's tactic to award a trip or tunnel or whatever at the end there, and glad the Dees got caught for some of their litany of throws, even if the scoreboard video gods decided to highlight Dow's escape instead. Whatever.

Apart from Marchie's match-saver, take a squiz at the crucial spoil by TDK in THAT pack from the boundary kick - a pair of Demon hands were about to plant themselves on the pill. Loads of moments like these, and we weathered the storm against an opposition with possibly the best combo of smarts and toughness we've encountered so far this year. Gotta be happy with that.

Cripps in the last... Owies determined to slot that last-term opener... Pitto and TDK nullifying the dynamic duo... Mr Underneath-the-Radar Hewitt all game long... a multi-pronged, besieged yet triumphant backline... etc etc...

Man, that was a night and a half...

More wins, please, but I'm not sure how much my heart can take.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:37 am 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
bender wrote:
Just got back from the swimming pool, 35 degrees in Lanzarote. Watched the last two minutes replay, that was not touched, so suck it Melbourne. What happened to doc? Did I miss much? Cripps seemed happy. Were we lucky, even though we got a few deliberate out of bounds?

You are in Paradise.

I will pm you for more info re Lanzarote.

You missed more than Lanzarote at the G. Did you hear them? I did on TV, so you must have.

Any time Bondi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:43 am 
Stephen Kernahan

dannyboy wrote:
bluehammer wrote:
AGRO wrote:

Wins do strange things.

did anyone notice?
Nah was well hidden under my guts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:48 am 
Ken Hunter

I've watched the replay, and the last two minutes several times and I still get horribly nervous.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:01 am 
Bruce Doull

bosman wrote:
8 down, 6 more to go..

:smoking:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:05 am 
Bruce Doull

rhino27 wrote:
daggs001 wrote:
Thankfully the goal umpire called the Marchbank incident touched. Was always going to be hard to overturn his decision once called touched. The system working as it should. Plenty of fuss in the media about nothing.

Yep and no mention of fact that goal umpire was in perfect position. About a metre from the action, no players obstructing his view. He called it touch and there is nothing to indicate otherwise.

Marchbank also immediately appealed to the goal ump to say he touched the ball. Obviously that's not concrete evidence either way, but it definitely adds to the vibe that he genuinely got some part of his body to the ball.

…regardless…

What does the scoreboard say!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:16 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

camel wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
daggs001 wrote:
Thankfully the goal umpire called the Marchbank incident touched. Was always going to be hard to overturn his decision once called touched. The system working as it should. Plenty of fuss in the media about nothing.

Yep and no mention of fact that goal umpire was in perfect position. About a metre from the action, no players obstructing his view. He called it touch and there is nothing to indicate otherwise.

Marchbank also immediately appealed to the goal ump to say he touched the ball. Obviously that's not concrete evidence either way, but it definitely adds to the vibe that he genuinely got some part of his body to the ball.

…regardless…

To counteract all that, monga Lloyd said his "gut feel" is it was a goal.
I think that overrides what the goal umpire in a perfect position saw or what Caleb feel touch his fingers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:33 am 
Bruce Doull

Yep, a former Essendon* player has a gut feel that is disadvantageous to Carlton.

I'm shocked to be sitting here, really.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:37 am 
Geoff Southby

camel wrote:

Yep, a former Essendon** player has a gut feel that is disadvantageous to Carlton.

I'm shocked to be sitting here, really.

Clearly had is pants pulled up too high for too long, it's affected his mental and gut feel capacity.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:10 am 
Ken Hunter

I love all these nuffies coming out and saying it was a goal based on absolute @#$%&! all.
camel wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
daggs001 wrote:

…regardless…

Watched the replay and the goal umpire says it touched his right arm.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:14 am 
Bruce Doull

Opposition fans are pretty funny at the moment. I like that it gives them something else to bleat about instead of "Free kick Curnow" :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:02 pm 
Bruce Doull

It was touched. Mainly because I don't like Petracca

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:03 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

missnaut wrote:
I love all these nuffies coming out and saying it was a goal based on absolute @#$%&! all.
camel wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
daggs001 wrote:

…regardless…

Watched the replay and the goal umpire says it touched his right arm.

Exactly right. Do I know if it was touched or not myself? I have no flowering idea. I was a mile away. All these nuffies both opposition and media were at best 100s of metres away. The only bloke 3 metres away with a perfect view and who gets paid to made these calls said it was touched. End of story.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

WHO cares hey….

that sort of talk by the…”narrative”…will only
galvanise the team…!

imagine THAT…the Blue boys becoming an even better
team…!

just give us the pup…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

missnaut wrote:
I've watched the replay, and the last two minutes several times and I still get horribly nervous.

I watched Q4 last night & yep, same here

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:23 pm 
Bruce Doull

Yup ^^^….

weird hey….!

if Ed got that kick to Charlie better at the end
there…or TDK took the mark 15 meters out…?

we wouldn’t be talking about the touch…!

kindest regards tommi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

So many 'almost' moments.....!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:33 pm 
Bob Chitty

I haven’t heard us roar that loudly since Judd kicked a goal in the 3rd against Richmond in 2013 final. Watching the replay gives me chills. The siren sounds and the lid is OFF!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next