Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:48 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:30 am 
Offline
Ken Hands

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:16 pm
Posts: 481
Any idea what our membership is now ,nearly a month since we had an update .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:31 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 12538
I was wondering the same thing.
It is usually updated daily.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:00 pm 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Posts: 3660
dane wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
What pisses me off about the whole thing and the club aren't the only ones who do it, is you can very easily join online without any hassles.
They are more than happy to take your money. However, you can't cancel online.
For that you have to ring up and have a discussion.

This is 101 gym membership tactics and that is what the whole process wreaks of.
I owned a gym for 5 years and made sure I didn't partake in this buggery.


Did you go broke?

The opposite in fact and the amount of returning members was huge.
We also never used a debt collection agency and had very little debtors.
I won't go into the psychology of it all but it pays to offer customer service over money sometimes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:49 pm 
Offline
Rod McGregor

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:40 am
Posts: 175
Location: Carlton
kezza wrote:
I was wondering the same thing.
It is usually updated daily.


I am a little late in renewing this year so i called the club today and the nice young man on the other end of the phone said we're currently at 63k. Apparently that is up on last year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:07 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 12538
TheDenominator wrote:
kezza wrote:
I was wondering the same thing.
It is usually updated daily.


I am a little late in renewing this year so i called the club today and the nice young man on the other end of the phone said we're currently at 63k. Apparently that is up on last year.

Thanks for that.
The club usually updates the numbers on the CFC website.
I wonder why they haven't done so this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:34 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:00 pm
Posts: 23227
Location: Kaloyasena
Sidefx wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
What pisses me off about the whole thing and the club aren't the only ones who do it, is you can very easily join online without any hassles.
They are more than happy to take your money. However, you can't cancel online.
For that you have to ring up and have a discussion.

This is 101 gym membership tactics and that is what the whole process wreaks of.
I owned a gym for 5 years and made sure I didn't partake in this buggery.



Then what sort did you partake in?

:lol:

_________________
"Hence you will not say that Greeks fight like heroes but that heroes fight like Greeks"?

Winston Churchill


Message to “you know who you are” - my name is not Chris or Carrot and I’ve been happily married for 31 years and still going strong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:01 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 12538
Numbers posted on BF.
67,928


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:39 pm 
Offline
Craig Bradley
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 5:15 pm
Posts: 6009
Are we doing the free memberships again this season?... can't see us beating last years total without them.

The AFL just announced a ticket price reduction to entice people to attend games post covid. With the population still spooked, I wonder how many will choose to stay home and watch on TV... Melbourne Victory crowds are well down on previous years despite the team performing very well to date...

As for auto renew, I make the call every year to cancel it... pain in the @rse

_________________
“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ― Richard Feynman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:34 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:04 am
Posts: 28277
Location: *Currently banned*
I love auto renew. It means my membership just keeps going until my credit card reaches its expiry date.

Staying home watching the footy is the absolute best. Going to games is for other people.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:48 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 12538
I just found out a couple of friends of mine who have been members for over 30 years have not renewed their memberships this year.
They were Captains club members and sit not far from me and we always went together, including interstate trips.
Didn't like the way the club treated Teague and Liddle were the reasons.
I wonder how many other long time members have done the same thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:24 am 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 48112
Location: Canberra
kezza wrote:
I just found out a couple of friends of mine who have been members for over 30 years have not renewed their memberships this year.
They were Captains club members and sit not far from me and we always went together, including interstate trips.
Didn't like the way the club treated Teague and Liddle were the reasons.
I wonder how many other long time members have done the same thing.


They've been members since the 1990s (give or take) and Teague and Liddle are the hill they chose to stake their memberships on?!

_________________
Click here to follow TalkingCarlton on twitter
TalkingCarlton Posting Rules


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:52 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 12538
camel wrote:
kezza wrote:
I just found out a couple of friends of mine who have been members for over 30 years have not renewed their memberships this year.
They were Captains club members and sit not far from me and we always went together, including interstate trips.
Didn't like the way the club treated Teague and Liddle were the reasons.
I wonder how many other long time members have done the same thing.


They've been members since the 1990s (give or take) and Teague and Liddle are the hill they chose to stake their memberships on?!

Yep, seems a bit strange.
I am sure they will regret their decision but it was theirs to make.
They say they will still go to some games but just buy a ticket on the day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:39 am 
Offline
Robert Walls
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:55 pm
Posts: 3660
AGRO wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
What pisses me off about the whole thing and the club aren't the only ones who do it, is you can very easily join online without any hassles.
They are more than happy to take your money. However, you can't cancel online.
For that you have to ring up and have a discussion.

This is 101 gym membership tactics and that is what the whole process wreaks of.
I owned a gym for 5 years and made sure I didn't partake in this buggery.



Then what sort did you partake in?

:lol:

You know, just the standard stuff. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:29 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 12538
According to a poster on BF total is 70,360


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:08 am 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 48112
Location: Canberra
Any theories or insight into why the club isn't posting a regularly updated tally so far this year?

_________________
Click here to follow TalkingCarlton on twitter
TalkingCarlton Posting Rules


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:38 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 48112
Location: Canberra
Buy a 3 game membership, get access to 6 games.

Today only, apparently.

https://am.ticketmaster.com/carlton/buy3get6

_________________
Click here to follow TalkingCarlton on twitter
TalkingCarlton Posting Rules


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:07 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 6:11 pm
Posts: 12538
On radio Brian Cook said we have 72,000 members.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:51 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 12:15 am
Posts: 2807
Location: In Transit to WA
kezza wrote:
I just found out a couple of friends of mine who have been members for over 30 years have not renewed their memberships this year.
They were Captains club members and sit not far from me and we always went together, including interstate trips.
Didn't like the way the club treated Teague and Liddle were the reasons.
I wonder how many other long time members have done the same thing.


That's bloody funny - I bought my first membership this year (can't believe I haven't bought one before! :garthp: ). My reasons for buying one were the complete opposite to your friends - i.e. I was delighted that they finally got rid of Teague and the sneaky leaker in Liddle.

Perception is such an amazing thing.

_________________
"If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself" - Henry Ford


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:52 am 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:05 pm
Posts: 1931
So is honesty!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:04 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 12:15 am
Posts: 2807
Location: In Transit to WA
carntheblues wrote:
So is honesty!


Happy to put my hand up.

I don't want to be an embarrassed Carlton supporter any longer. Time to man up!

_________________
"If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself" - Henry Ford


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group