Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:48 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 84  Next

Who should coach us next year?
Brad Scott 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
Michael Voss 20%  20%  [ 19 ]
Mark Williams 11%  11%  [ 11 ]
Don Pyke 22%  22%  [ 21 ]
Danny Daly 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Scott Burns 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Giansiracusa 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Jaymie Graham 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Adam Kingsley 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
Adam Yze 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Nigel Lappin 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Jarrad Schofield 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Steven King 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 97
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:39 pm 
Ken Hunter

Clarkson confirmed on fox footy that he is taking a year off.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:44 pm 
Garry Crane

I think if you have to beg someone to coach us it’s the wrong person.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

mymanmurph wrote:

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:46 pm 
Ken Hunter

mymanmurph wrote:

Exactly.

Harry Vallence

Lyons still in the mix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

formerly King Kenny

mymanmurph wrote:

Agree.

Now it’s time to get some quality assistants.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

Just reading between the lines, I got the impression Clarko would have been keen next year if we waited.

As Tom Morris just said, we have gone for Voss because of his 5 years at Brisbane. Essentially Voss is Steve Bradbury, last experienced coach standing. Saving face after what we said after sacking Teague. First timers were always going to be interviewed so there was the look of a process but they were never getting the job. Kingsley apparently interviewed terrifically but we went with Voss because he had coached before. Never mind the fact he set Brisbane back years, he was "experienced". Voss will need a good first year or the teeth gnashing will be something given Clarko would likely be available.

All we can do is support him. I shall be no matter what (not that I have a choice...haha). You always support your own and give them a chance to prove themselves. That's important too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

london blue wrote:
I must say it’s hilarious reading the Rumours......and at the same time we condemn journalists

If we believe the club are running a tighter ship on leaks, surely that also applies to all ‘stories’

You only need to scroll back a couple of pages on that big footy thread to see that most of them get more wrong than they get right, even the most respected ITK’s.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:20 pm 
Craig Bradley

Move on from Clarko enough

Get process done and get coach and assistant coaches on board for trade /draft period and get ready for a huge preseason for our squad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:40 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Courtesy of @Upthebaggers on Twitter

Ollie Wines on Michael Voss: "I don't think I've met a person more motivating than Vossy. He's run our resilience & leadership program over the past 12-18 months & what he's done with our group & the connection & trust he's built within that playing group is enormous."

Huge endorsement.

Connection. Trust. Resilience. Leadership.

Sounds like qualities we could do with.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Drewgirl wrote:
rhino27 wrote:
Drewgirl wrote:
I just hope we dont get desperate enough to call Ross Lyon and just give him the job now.

Says a lot where he feels entitled to not present for a job. Red Flags I think. He is too arrogant.

Give Voss credit, he gets knocked down but keeps on trying.

Good role model I reckon.

There are no guarantees with anyone we get . Everything needs to click.

THIS.
The man has a winners mentality.
He'll be far better prepared this time

I hope he will do wonders with our midfield too. Someone like Cripps, Walsh and Dow will really have the ultimate midfielder to learn from. Maybe he may put Stocker in the midfield. They both have gigantic thighs. Haha.

I am getting behind this selection now so I hope it does happen.

I dont want Lyon as the head coach. Unless he comes on as a mentor to Voss that is. Now that would be ideal.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:46 pm 
Harry Vallence

frank dardew wrote:

Get process done and get coach and assistant coaches on board for trade /draft period and get ready for a huge preseason for our squad

Absolutely agree , hopefully Sayers put a stroke through his name a while ago , all the Media & supporter speculation is ridiculous , he either commits to the CFC or we move and forget about him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:47 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
Clarkson confirmed on fox footy that he is taking a year off.

Was a great interview on 360.

Clarkson was given the mic to say it as it is.

He said he respects Carlton and Collingwood as the power houses they are.

What a great opportunity to go for the job to see if the powers to be would pick him for the Head coach role.

He has a family commitment to plan the next phase of their life. He doesn't know if he's got the energy to coach in top gear.

That's a good enough reason to say I'm glad he didn't take the job.

What Clarko said doesn't give any of the made up negative Carlton headlines any life.

Sayers doesn't give up. He's a beauty.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:47 pm 
Bob Chitty

Agreed.

If the rumours of lappin and Scarlett are true as well then I'm on the Voss the boss plane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Courtesy of @Upthebaggers on Twitter

Ollie Wines on Michael Voss: "I don't think I've met a person more motivating than Vossy. He's run our resilience & leadership program over the past 12-18 months & what he's done with our group & the connection & trust he's built within that playing group is enormous."

Huge endorsement.

Connection. Trust. Resilience. Leadership.

Sounds like qualities we could do with.

Precisely and a champion of the game , strong character with coaching experience Voss can’t possibly be worst than our previous scenario.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:50 pm 
Bruce Doull

Agreed bondi. And Clarkson's interview on 360 also ties in with your earlier post about him being a stubborn bugger and wanting to screw over Kennett (to be fair, who doesn't!).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jim wrote:
Just reading between the lines, I got the impression Clarko would have been keen next year if we waited.

As Tom Morris just said, we have gone for Voss because of his 5 years at Brisbane. Essentially Voss is Steve Bradbury, last experienced coach standing. Saving face after what we said after sacking Teague. First timers were always going to be interviewed so there was the look of a process but they were never getting the job. Kingsley apparently interviewed terrifically but we went with Voss because he had coached before. Never mind the fact he set Brisbane back years, he was "experienced". Voss will need a good first year or the teeth gnashing will be something given Clarko would likely be available.

All we can do is support him. I shall be no matter what (not that I have a choice...haha). You always support your own and give them a chance to prove themselves. That's important too.

Really respect you as a poster, but your disdain for Sayers and the sacking of Teague is the only thing I get from you recent posts.

Voss hasn't even set foot in Melbourne. You're parroting the media headlines as facts. Voss hasn't got the job. Fact. Kingsley not out of the race. Fact.

Clarko doesn't even know if he has what it takes to go full on as Head Coach now, and also said he may find he will never have the energy or desire to give the job 100%

Steve Bradbury...why don't you just say, its your personal view that its a Steve Bradbury because you hate what happened to Teague and hate Voss because Teague in your opinion is a better coach than Voss.

And I would ask you, how do you know that? I would add to remind you Voss took a team to Finals. Voss is no longer on Training Wheels. He's been sharpening his sword for the last 7 years. Read what the Port players say about him.

Lastly I would say, I'm glad Ive seen the back of Teague's gift and the embarrassing situation where his team couldn't defend, and in the end became a divisive figure, and a weekly target for his lack of defensive mindset...not finals footy game plan. Judd was right about Teague being on training wheels.

Thank god Teague isn't practising to learn the craft of coaching a team next year. We are not a play thing.

Get over Teague jimmy. Its a new era.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:07 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:

100%

Its time to show some spunk on the field, and pride in our performances week in week out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:09 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Kingsley for mine. Winner.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

mymanmurph wrote:

:thumbsup:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 84  Next