Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:46 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:23 pm 
Offline
Horrie Clover

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:51 pm
Posts: 392
can someone tell me why LMT did not walk saad to psd so we can go with p8 to the draft .Take the gamble and with miss out so be it. I don't buy this other clubs/managers won't deal with us in good faith or our reputation take a blow crap. Pick 8 could land will phillips or cox .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:25 pm 
Offline
Stephen Silvagni
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm
Posts: 26795
Location: Half back flank
Because the process isn't run by internet posters?

_________________
#DonTheStash


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:39 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 14041
Location: Bondi Beach
CK95 wrote:
Because the process isn't run by internet posters?


:lol:

You don't think he went weak at the knees? Blinked first? Wanted to be different to SOS?

The only good reason I can think of is that they wanted to front load someone else's contract instead of Saads.

_________________
I'm on board The Teague Train and I want to see the next station.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:02 am 
Offline
Rod Ashman
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:41 pm
Posts: 2142
bondiblue wrote:
CK95 wrote:
Because the process isn't run by internet posters?


:lol:

You don't think he went weak at the knees? Blinked first? Wanted to be different to SOS?

The only good reason I can think of is that they wanted to front load someone else's contract instead of Saads.

You forgot "shit the bed"....my all-time favourite.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:53 am 
Offline
Craig Bradley
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 1:26 am
Posts: 7194
Location: Melbourne
Interesting that 7/18 clubs don't have a first round draft pick. And the following are outside top 20 with their first pick.

Brisbane 25
Carlton 38
Geelong 51
Port 35
West Coast 62
Bulldogs 26

It looks to me like a few clubs are wary of this years draft, no doubt due to the impact of COVID and the complete lack of exposed form. That may be why we weren't fussed with giving it up for an experienced player

_________________
Everything beofre the word "but" is horseshit - J Snow


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:33 pm 
Offline
Horrie Clover

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:51 pm
Posts: 392
no the internet posters,just go every week and watch and watch and support the club.All i am saying we could have kept 8 a valuable pick.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:46 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:06 am
Posts: 1812
jamespul65 wrote:
no the internet posters,just go every week and watch and watch and support the club.All i am saying we could have kept 8 a valuable pick.

Only problem was Nth were sniffing around, and they were not just little sniffs either, they would have taken him without a medical they are that desperate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:33 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:23 am
Posts: 47657
Location: Canberra
AIRCAV wrote:
Interesting that 7/18 clubs don't have a first round draft pick. And the following are outside top 20 with their first pick.

Brisbane 25
Carlton 38
Geelong 51
Port 35
West Coast 62
Bulldogs 26

It looks to me like a few clubs are wary of this years draft, no doubt due to the impact of COVID and the complete lack of exposed form. That may be why we weren't fussed with giving it up for an experienced player


Yeah, I've wondered about that.

And it may explain why #8 was used the way it was. Perhaps in a different year we would have fought harder to keep that pick, or work out a different trade.

_________________
Click here to follow TalkingCarlton on twitter
TalkingCarlton Posting Rules


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:41 pm 
Offline
Bruce Doull
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:04 pm
Posts: 44306
Location: Hypocrisy
That could be the top 6 teams next year.

_________________
*(grow - fun - gah) :fight:

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:51 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:05 pm
Posts: 1088
grrofunger wrote:
That could be the top 6 teams next year.



:thumbsup:
Go Blues!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:02 pm 
Offline
Ken Hands

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:32 pm
Posts: 456
But both Port and Bulldogs will have a first round pick courtesy of the Father/son or Academy rules (Bulldogs possibly pick 1).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:35 pm 
Offline
Horrie Clover

Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:51 pm
Posts: 392
bloody north


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cecil89, Google [Bot] and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group