Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:15 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bondiblue wrote:
Couldn't help but shed tear with that announcement.

Love the live stream Carlton.

Destination club.

Sook.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:00 am 
Serge Silvagni

Very happy with the clubs decision. Footballs changed from the days when Parko would pop a vein, its more about relationships these days. The boys wanted Teague, and if that's what makes them click, then give them Teague. Up down and around its about winning games of football. Teague has proven he's got the hearts and minds of the playing group. The Board smoard, winning is what matters. The playing group auditioned for Teague with those wins, no doubt about that. That's the understanding going forward. We've given you the coach that you wanted, now go out there and produce the wins. Exciting times ahead.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:27 am 
Vale 1953-2020

CK95 wrote:
Quote:
For the last two months the Club has conducted an extensive and thorough process in order to secure a senior coach who was going to be able to hit the ground running and take our football club forward as we look towards to a sustained era of success.

My inner moshe hated that
:thumbsup:

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:37 am 
Geoff Southby

We got the right guy, simple as that

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:26 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

idle wrote:
Very happy with the clubs decision. Footballs changed from the days when Parko would pop a vein, its more about relationships these days. The boys wanted Teague, and if that's what makes them click, then give them Teague. Up down and around its about winning games of football. Teague has proven he's got the hearts and minds of the playing group. The Board smoard, winning is what matters. The playing group auditioned for Teague with those wins, no doubt about that. That's the understanding going forward. We've given you the coach that you wanted, now go out there and produce the wins. Exciting times ahead.

Absolutely. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:05 am 
Garry Crane

Does anyone have any inside scoops on assistant coach changes Teaguey will make?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:35 am 
Geoff Southby

idle wrote:

You’re probably right and I’m probably out of touch, but what you’re saying doesn’t sit easily with me. Are we saying the players pick & choose when to have a crack? How about they play for the jumper (and/or their money) instead of whether or not they like the coach? When times get tough and Teague needs to shift gears, are they going to turn on him too? What happens then? A go slow? Remember how much everyone loved Bolts in his first year.

As I said earlier, I’m happy for DT and he might turn out to be a brilliant coach - but the principle of players (basically) picking the coach seems wrong to me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:18 am 
Bruce Doull

And following on from that it's interesting to note players sharing their positive vibes on Teague via their socials etc. All good now and it may prove to be a non issue but I can kinda see where abns is coming from.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:06 am 
Harry Vallence

Bluey44 wrote:
Steve_C7 wrote:

I think that it's pretty clear that there is a very shallow pool of quality assistant coaches out there

Really?
Seems hard to believe.

I think I tend to agree with DOC - the board really wasted a chance to interview more people and learn a thing or two.
Even if they knew they were likely to go with Teague all along, I'm sure there would still be some quality assistants who would back themselves to have a go at interviewing ... the Board had nothing to lose really.

Anyway -
The more I think about Teague's experience, the more I Like it:
- Bullants (successful at managing his own team)
- West Coast (experience in an elite footy organisation with $$)
- Adelaide (experience in a team that built itself up)
- St Kilda (experience doing it tough in an underperforming club)

He basically ticks all the boxes you would want from an Assistant's resume.

Now we just trust him and go for the ride
Hopefully he doesnt say "we are on a journey"

We don't really know who the club interviewed and I would say that we called all the managers of coaches to get a gauge of which coaches were likely to take part in the formal process.

I find it interesting that North, Saints and Blues don't appear to have gone through a public process and interviewed a number of applicants. Did they do this behind closed doors?

I wonder if we have gone the 180 with coaching where years ago caretaker roles were considered a poison chalice and it was an honor to be interviewed for the top job. It seem now that if you are publically interviewed and don't get the job that you have some question marks against you for future interviews.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:24 am 
Harry Vallence

TrueQldBlue wrote:
Does anyone have any inside scoops on assistant coach changes Teaguey will make?

From BF posters: Amos and Stanton to stay, after 2 'big name' assistants, new NB coach.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:30 am 
Geoff Southby

Stamos wrote:
TrueQldBlue wrote:

From BF posters: Amos and Stanton to stay, after 2 'big name' assistants, new NB coach.

I hope that’s true and that Campo & Hickmott are among the coaching “ins”.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:45 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I don't think I have ever seen a reaction like this to a coach being appointed
I hope they go out this weekend and back this up with a win .

I don't think Teague created this or wanted it to be this way but the ground swell of support for him is unprecedented

I hope this doesn't all end in tears some time down the track

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:35 am 
Wayne Johnston

aboynamedsue wrote:
idle wrote:

You’re probably right and I’m probably out of touch, but what you’re saying doesn’t sit easily with me. Are we saying the players pick & choose when to have a crack? How about they play for the jumper (and/or their money) instead of whether or not they like the coach? When times get tough and Teague needs to shift gears, are they going to turn on him too? What happens then? A go slow? Remember how much everyone loved Bolts in his first year.

As I said earlier, I’m happy for DT and he might turn out to be a brilliant coach - but the principle of players (basically) picking the coach seems wrong to me.

I have the very same concerns, it's all fun and games now but what happens when we lose a few games next year and the players start sooking again? The players had better perform this weekend....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:57 am 
John James

sinbagger wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
idle wrote:

I have the very same concerns, it's all fun and games now but what happens when we lose a few games next year and the players start sooking again? The players had better perform this weekend....

Righto then, bring back Bolton!

Sheesh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:27 pm 
Garry Crane

Stamos wrote:
TrueQldBlue wrote:

Thanks Stamos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:30 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

sinbagger wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
idle wrote:

One particular player has seen off 4 coaches.

I've had mixed feelings the last few days...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:58 pm 
Geoff Southby

aboynamedsue wrote:
idle wrote:

Agree with this
Anyway happy with the appointment
I’m sure he and his fellow coaches will devise a potential winning
brand
It’s whether the cattle can deliver it
We have many young players on our list
It’s the great unknown as to whether they get better or not

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:

I don't think Teague created this or wanted it to be this way but the ground swell of support for him is unprecedented

Success or not, it always ends in tears some time down the track.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:33 pm 
Ken Hunter

Sydney Blue wrote:

It has been very un-Carlton like.
Hope things work out this time, we are all getting impatient.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sydney Blue wrote:

You're right, I can't recall a time in the last 2 decades when the entire club (players, admin, members & supporters) have been unison with each other.

It's almost that we are finally one club, let's hope that Teague can achieve the ultimate success to keep it that way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 266  Next