Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

I thought he could've at least ridden in on one of these....

Marketing Dept :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

kezza wrote:
Stamos wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Kingy and Sellers on 360 articulated exactly what I've been thinking. They were 100% correct.

What did they say?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/afl/ ... ire!742594

I love King's last quote'
"this is the first time Carlton has joined the AFL in 20 years."

Pretty sure we did that with our thorough process to get Bolton, but anyway.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:17 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Welcome into the cockpit full time good sir, now put the pedal to the metal please and thank you.

Great day for the club :)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:37 pm 
Ken Hunter

Doesn't this make Caro and Cameron Ling look like idiots.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

kezza wrote:
Doesn't this make Caro and Cameron Ling look like Caro and Cameron Ling.

EFA

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:53 pm 
Harry Vallence

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/how ... 52hgq.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:17 pm 
Garry Crane

I never wanted Clarkson as I lost complete and utter respect
for any that I had for him in the game that Buddy got his 100 goals and then Clarkson triple teamed Fev so he couldn't get his 100th as well. What a Germ of a man he is!!!!
It would have been a magic moment to have the best two forwards in the game both get the ton in the same game. A huge part of history, but no Mr Germson had to ruin it for Fev and us even though we had no chance of winning the game!!!!
See you next year Germson when we flog you twice if the draw works out that way!!!

Last edited by TrueQldBlue on Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stamos wrote:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/how-teague-got-the-full-time-job-at-carlton-20190815-p52hgq.html

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:33 pm 
Craig Bradley

Three years is a bit half pregnant isn't it?

I suppose it gives him a chance to renegotiate once the turnstiles start clicking over and we can get within cooee of the $9.5m soft cap.

Still, it's not exactly full commitment.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:45 pm 
Bruce Doull

Three years is pretty standert bro. And certainly better than the one year deal some were suggesting; great for the club, sure, but terrible for Teague. Three years is a fair length of contract for a first time senior coach.

Moreover, assuming it's not a total disaster, it's likely that the drums will be sounding Teague's fate after two years. Either he'll be marched (or on the cusp) or will have his contract extended for another 2–3 years. That's generally how it seems to work these days.

Interesting that we moved on from the "full-time employee" deal that Bolton had.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

Stamos wrote:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/how-teague-got-the-full-time-job-at-carlton-20190815-p52hgq.html

So the players swiped right?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

Congratulations to David. I’m slightly concerned about the appointment process and timing, but wish him all the very best.

As a player, he had Kenny Hunter levels of courage (with a fraction of Kenny’s talent, to be honest).

As a VFL coach, Preston enjoyed more on-field success than at any other time since the alignment with Carlton; I’ll never forget the 1/4 time huddle where he told Ryan Jackson to give up footy and take up tennis or golf because he “obviously doesn’t want to play a team sport”. Ouch!

DT has quietly served a lengthy apprenticeship as an assistant at various clubs and conducted himself well as our caretaker senior coach.

The real work starts now David - go bring us #17!! :fight: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 pm 
Ken Hands

Crusader wrote:

I suppose it gives him a chance to renegotiate once the turnstiles start clicking over and we can get within cooee of the $9.5m soft cap.

Did you really expect more than that? One year would be half pregnant. I'd think three years would be absolutely standard for a first time coach leading a list with this demographic. Bolton got the worst years of this rebuild, Teague has come in at the perfect time. If it was Clarkson or Simpson, sure you'd be looking at longer to prise them away from their current gig, but I don't see this contract as reason to question the club's commitment.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:07 pm 
Ken Hands

Donstuie wrote:
kezza wrote:
Stamos wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Kingy and Sellers on 360 articulated exactly what I've been thinking. They were 100% correct.

What did they say?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/afl/ ... ire!742594

I love King's last quote'
"this is the first time Carlton has joined the AFL in 20 years."

Pretty sure we did that with our thorough process to get Bolton, but anyway.

And the list rebuild of the last 4 years.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:29 pm 
Harry Vallence

The same David King that predicted the scum to be premiers last year and this year.
The David King who wrote an article at R3 last year about how we were closer to a flag than the eventual 2018 runners up.....
Oh that David "NFI" King.......

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The same so called football journalists of record who one minute say they can’t see where the improvement is going to come from to the next minute trying to clamour onto to bandwagon crying “I tipped this” from the rooftops

:roll:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:21 pm 
Rod Ashman

TrueQldBlue wrote:
I never wanted Clarkson as I lost complete and utter respect
for any that I had for him in the game that Buddy got his 100 goals and then Clarkson triple teamed Fev so he couldn't get his 100th as well. What a Germ of a man he is!!!!
It would have been a magic moment to have the best two forwards in the game both get the ton in the same game. A huge part of history, but no Mr Germson had to ruin it for Fev and us even though we had no chance of winning the game!!!!
See you next year Germson when we flog you twice if the draw works out that way!!!

Yeah +1 to that.

I'm still in shock. After years and years of rubbish decisions I can't believe we have seriously made such a good call.

And for those who think we made the call too early I would offer a couple of thoughts: firstly they've seen enough of Teague to know one way or the other - two more games shouldn't make any difference. Secondly, this actually shows a bit of courtesy and respect for not only Teague but all the staff around him who likely would've been out of job if he hadn't of been appointed. Again this sort of thing is not typically Carlton and it's both refreshing and exciting to see. It all contributes to the place being a happier place to be and that's got to be a good thing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:14 pm 
Geoff Southby

Crusader wrote:

Or it could be inline with another coaching contract that ends at the same time, if he doesn't work out.

Hmmmmmm.....the mind ponders. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:39 pm 
Garry Crane

Three years is a perfect time to be able to show what you can do with where our list is at. Two years from being in finals for a long time :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 266  Next