Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

Steve_C7 wrote:

It's almost that we are finally one club

Yes :smile:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:25 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Rexy wrote:
sinbagger wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
idle wrote:
Very happy with the clubs decision. Footballs changed from the days when Parko would pop a vein, its more about relationships these days. The boys wanted Teague, and if that's what makes them click, then give them Teague. Up down and around its about winning games of football. Teague has proven he's got the hearts and minds of the playing group. The Board smoard, winning is what matters. The playing group auditioned for Teague with those wins, no doubt about that. That's the understanding going forward. We've given you the coach that you wanted, now go out there and produce the wins. Exciting times ahead.

You’re probably right and I’m probably out of touch, but what you’re saying doesn’t sit easily with me. Are we saying the players pick & choose when to have a crack? How about they play for the jumper (and/or their money) instead of whether or not they like the coach? When times get tough and Teague needs to shift gears, are they going to turn on him too? What happens then? A go slow? Remember how much everyone loved Bolts in his first year.

As I said earlier, I’m happy for DT and he might turn out to be a brilliant coach - but the principle of players (basically) picking the coach seems wrong to me.

I have the very same concerns, it's all fun and games now but what happens when we lose a few games next year and the players start sooking again? The players had better perform this weekend....

One particular player has seen off 4 coaches.

I've had mixed feelings the last few days...
That would be two particular players, wouldn't it?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:32 pm 
Rod Ashman

I feel a bit for Bolts though. Just too many losses and the resultant pressure to be able to keep it all together.

I reckon if I was an aspiring coach and a vacancy came up at a club that had flagged an intention to "rebuild" I'd stay right away from them. Doesn't matter how many different ways they say "we won't count those losses against you" they, and just about everyone else, will.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
kezza wrote:
Doesn't this make Caro and Cameron Ling look like Caro and Cameron Ling.

EFA

Brilliant.

The know it alls

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

TrueQldBlue wrote:
I never wanted Clarkson as I lost complete and utter respect
for any that I had for him in the game that Buddy got his 100 goals and then Clarkson triple teamed Fev so he couldn't get his 100th as well. What a Germ of a man he is!!!!
It would have been a magic moment to have the best two forwards in the game both get the ton in the same game. A huge part of history, but no Mr Germson had to ruin it for Fev and us even though we had no chance of winning the game!!!!
See you next year Germson when we flog you twice if the draw works out that way!!!

I was there for the game too.

Flew in to witness history with 2 forwards getting their 100th up.
Hawks were killing Carlton.
The only flicker of light on the game, and perhaps bums on seats till the last minute was Fev's goal.

Cometh the prick: Clarkson.
Absolute arsehole of a human being.
I saw 4 Hawks on one Fev to stop him scoring one more goal.
No need for this as Hawks had the game in the bag.
One of the most loved larrikins of the game was denied by the biggest prick of all time (equal to Ron Evans and Samuels).
Ive spoken to Hawks who played that game. They didnt care if Fev kicked one more, in fact they wanted to be part of that history too.

The culprit was Clarkson, and he's never used that tactic before or since that game. It was personal.
Clarkson is not human and don't forget it...Clarkson is anti Carlton.

Every Carlton person should despise Clarkson and not believe it was he and he alone who won the Hawks 4 flags.
The leadership of Hodge Mitchell and Lewis won the Hawks the 4 GFs, with a little help from the AFL and its umpiring fraternity.

The man Clarkson is odd and inhumane.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigKev wrote:
TrueQldBlue wrote:
I never wanted Clarkson as I lost complete and utter respect
for any that I had for him in the game that Buddy got his 100 goals and then Clarkson triple teamed Fev so he couldn't get his 100th as well. What a Germ of a man he is!!!!
It would have been a magic moment to have the best two forwards in the game both get the ton in the same game. A huge part of history, but no Mr Germson had to ruin it for Fev and us even though we had no chance of winning the game!!!!
See you next year Germson when we flog you twice if the draw works out that way!!!

Yeah +1 to that.

I'm still in shock. After years and years of rubbish decisions I can't believe we have seriously made such a good call.

And for those who think we made the call too early I would offer a couple of thoughts: firstly they've seen enough of Teague to know one way or the other - two more games shouldn't make any difference. Secondly, this actually shows a bit of courtesy and respect for not only Teague but all the staff around him who likely would've been out of job if he hadn't of been appointed. Again this sort of thing is not typically Carlton and it's both refreshing and exciting to see. It all contributes to the place being a happier place to be and that's got to be a good thing.

Beautifully pt Kev :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

aboynamedsue wrote:
idle wrote:
Very happy with the clubs decision. Footballs changed from the days when Parko would pop a vein, its more about relationships these days. The boys wanted Teague, and if that's what makes them click, then give them Teague. Up down and around its about winning games of football. Teague has proven he's got the hearts and minds of the playing group. The Board smoard, winning is what matters. The playing group auditioned for Teague with those wins, no doubt about that. That's the understanding going forward. We've given you the coach that you wanted, now go out there and produce the wins. Exciting times ahead.

You’re probably right and I’m probably out of touch, but what you’re saying doesn’t sit easily with me. Are we saying the players pick & choose when to have a crack? How about they play for the jumper (and/or their money) instead of whether or not they like the coach? When times get tough and Teague needs to shift gears, are they going to turn on him too? What happens then? A go slow? Remember how much everyone loved Bolts in his first year.

As I said earlier, I’m happy for DT and he might turn out to be a brilliant coach - but the principle of players (basically) picking the coach seems wrong to me.

prefer to have a coach players would play for than the opposite.

Pretty clear players play for or respond to Teague.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Stamos wrote:
TrueQldBlue wrote:
Does anyone have any inside scoops on assistant coach changes Teaguey will make?

From BF posters: Amos and Stanton to stay, after 2 'big name' assistants, new NB coach.

Thanks Stamos :thumbsup:

Great news to add to the great news.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:04 am 
Geoff Southby

I can’t get over this mans press conference announcing his appointment. I’ve showed some of my bestest of friends who aren’t even AFL fans just as an example that the AFL still has some goodness. The genuine emotion he shows, his good character and humour is just so refreshing right now and it’s obvious it’s impacting the entire club. So happy for him and us right now and I can’t help but allow myself to hope and daydream about a Carlton fairytale.

Loving this club right now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:47 pm 
Bruce Doull

TheBluesMuse wrote:
I can’t get over this mans press conference announcing his appointment. I’ve showed some of my bestest of friends who aren’t even AFL fans just as an example that the AFL still has some goodness. The genuine emotion he shows, his good character and humour is just so refreshing right now and it’s obvious it’s impacting the entire club. So happy for him and us right now and I can’t help but allow myself to hope and daydream about a Carlton fairytale.

:clap:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:48 pm 
Rod Ashman

TheBluesMuse wrote:

I thought that the handling of McGovern was a good sign. A coach on trial could be forgiven for making his star recruit get out there - to try and squeeze anything out of him that he could. Instead he made the call that he "wasn't right" and need some time off the active playing list. I bet McGovern appreciated how it was handled.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:57 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Since Teague took over we’ve won 60% of our games.

Only five teams have won more.

So we’d be equal 6th on the ladder if the season had started then.

Two of the games we lost by less than a kick.

Had we won them we’d be equal 1st on the ladder over that time.

Another way of looking at it is if we’d won 60% of our games since the start of the year we’d be on 12.6 wins which would also put us in 6th.

And Teague hasn’t had much of a chance to put anything in place other than some basic positional changes and an injection of spirit and enthusiasm.

There’s a lot to look forward to next year.

Assuming no major injury plague I fully expect finals.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

GWS wrote:

Does this mean you'll be buying a membership?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

DocSherrin III wrote:
GWS wrote:

Does this mean you'll be buying a membership?

With the exception of 2003 I buy a membership for ground entry. Unfortunately I don’t get the opportunity to go to many games these days and next year I’m likely to be living interstate more often than in Melbourne (that’s the plan anyway).

That said, the prospect of Grand Final tickets could sway me. :wink:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:07 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Oh... and I’d probably be keener on the live experience if they’d get those ground announcers (sorry -“MCs”) to shut the @#$%&! up during the quarter and half time breaks! :mad:

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

Maybe we can do a trip to Melbourne together next year. :lol:

I don't think I've been to a game for two years now. :eek:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

BigKev wrote:
TheBluesMuse wrote:

I thought that the handling of McGovern was a good sign. A coach on trial could be forgiven for making his star recruit get out there - to try and squeeze anything out of him that he could. Instead he made the call that he "wasn't right" and need some time off the active playing list. I bet McGovern appreciated how it was handled.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:18 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GWS wrote:
Oh... and I’d probably be keener on the live experience if they’d get those ground announcers (sorry -“MCs”) to shut the @#$%&! up during the quarter and half time breaks! :mad:

Make it happen.
Although when I arrived at the ground
Tom Petty was up loud thru the p.a singing 'refugee' . Coulda been way louder! :razz:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:32 pm 
Ken Hunter

GWS wrote:
Since Teague took over we’ve won 60% of our games.

Only five teams have won more.

So we’d be equal 6th on the ladder if the season had started then.

Two of the games we lost by less than a kick.

Had we won them we’d be equal 1st on the ladder over that time.

Another way of looking at it is if we’d won 60% of our games since the start of the year we’d be on 12.6 wins which would also put us in 6th.

And Teague hasn’t had much of a chance to put anything in place other than some basic positional changes and an injection of spirit and enthusiasm.

Bingo. :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:18 pm 
Robert Walls

Stamos wrote:
TrueQldBlue wrote:
Does anyone have any inside scoops on assistant coach changes Teaguey will make?

From BF posters: Amos and Stanton to stay, after 2 'big name' assistants, new NB coach.

Stanton Amos

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 266  Next