Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:06 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:24 am 
Bob Chitty

Really liked seeing Teague give them a spray last night and he wasn’t hiding his disappointment in the post-game press conference. As a few have said, he may have been giving sprays behind closed doors but I think he’s become fed up over the last few weeks. Most of the year he’s protected the players by hiding any real criticism of them - the sprays (if they occurred) were not in sight of the camera’s and the post-game presser after a loss was relatively upbeat just saying “we need to be better in the contest”. Last night I think Teague said enough is enough and went through them with the cameras on and after the game. He was still balanced with some praise and positives but did not sugarcoat things. Finishing the season like this has me thinking David will be putting the acid on these blokes all pre-season.

This may be a pipe dream but all I want to see is a set of standards being applied equally across every player on the list, regardless of age, status in the game, contract status or talent. Put it on squarely on the players what is required to wear the jumper. If our 2020 first pick doesn’t reach the standards required, he doesn’t play, but this should also be the case for our two 34 years olds.

Also I agree with others looking for a clean out of assistant coaches. Soft cap cuts mean we’ll have to make changes anyway but also there will be good people with new ideas available after being let go by other clubs. We need some new ideas, especially in the midfield.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:25 am 
Robert Walls

[quote="Cazzesman"]https://www.afl.com.au/video/509053/must-see-vision-tigers-impenetrable-tactics-plus-the-dees-missing-piece?videoId=509053&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1600555664001

Go to 5 min 30 for those that think Teague is to nice.

Regards Cazzesman

...as Bolton is to rigid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:48 am 
Harry Vallence

99prelim wrote:
https://www.afl.com.au/video/509053/must-see-vision-tigers-impenetrable-tactics-plus-the-dees-missing-piece?videoId=509053&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1600555664001

Regards Cazzesman

...as Bolton is to rigid

With Respect '99', that 10 second spray just doesn't cut it in the 'hard man' stakes.

The super coaches let em have it until they feel like they're back at school.

If he's actually got it in him, well and good, but there needs to be more of it going forward.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:34 pm 
Bert Deacon

why has it taken all year to try Gov in defence?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:42 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

jamespul65 wrote:
why has it taken all year to try Gov in defence?

... and we got 5 straight goals when he was there in the 2nd. :wink:

He should have been dropped. Period.

The guy is out of form, lacks intensity and doesn't have any pride in his performance, coz his Cain Ackland like efforts is a weekly phenomenon.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

I would have played Macreide in defence last night

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Donstuie wrote:
I’m saying it now, if John Barker is still employed at this club next year I will seriously consider not renewing.

Why?

What does he do? :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:50 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

keogh wrote:
I would have played Macreide in defence last night

Me too

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

bondiblue wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
I’m saying it now, if John Barker is still employed at this club next year I will seriously consider not renewing.

Why?

What does he do? :wink:

The eternal question...

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:09 pm 
Geoff Southby

A small part of the spray with sound before someone worried about his language pressed ‘mute’:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... 9d2827d967

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:43 pm 
Robert Walls

CC1961 wrote:
99prelim wrote:
https://www.afl.com.au/video/509053/must-see-vision-tigers-impenetrable-tactics-plus-the-dees-missing-piece?videoId=509053&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1600555664001

Regards Cazzesman

...as Bolton is to rigid

With Respect '99', that 10 second spray just doesn't cut it in the 'hard man' stakes.

The super coaches let em have it until they feel like they're back at school.

If he's actually got it in him, well and good, but there needs to be more of it going forward.

1961...It was a cheeky grammatical reference...the content was superflous

But yes, I do agree that the 10s spray was too little, too late...No doubt he has given sprays behind closed doors. We've played 17 games. That's 34 1/4 and 3/4 time huddles...have the cameras captured any other sprays of note...or is he starting to feel the heat???

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:47 pm 
Geoff Southby

This may have been mentioned elsewhere, but I wonder if the removal of the Head of Coaching Performance role had an impact? I think I’m right in saying that Henry Playfair was moved on when the COVID cuts happened. Losing that support must have made things harder for Teague in his first full season.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

aboynamedsue wrote:
A small part of the spray with sound before someone worried about his language pressed ‘mute’:

I guess we’d all just be speculating, but are Cripps, then Murph the 2 he points out?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

cecil89 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

I guess we’d all just be speculating, but are Cripps, then Murph the 2 he points out?

He clearly points at Cripps at the start of his outburst.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:38 pm 
Ken Hands

Do I see a little bit of a David Parkin jugular on Teague during that outburst?
I hope so ... because that was his trademark and for a mild mannered lecturer from Deakin Uni he was a beast when it was game day.
Happy to see it and it looks like they reacted accordingly. Our tackle count indicates the boys were trying...on a separate matter how many frees did win from all those tackles?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:43 am 
Stephen Kernahan

cecil89 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

Yes. No speculation required.
Points at Cripps and shouts,
"@#$%&! leaders!" then at Murphy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:44 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Sombrero wrote:
cecil89 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

I thought he said that.

About time too.

That first goal Lions scored could have been avoided if cripps put on pressure on the man or even got there first.
Off it went ... and I thought ... they are free, the waters have parted....goal.
My response was something like "FMD Crippa, a bit of intensity FFS, you're the ^%% captain, its Simmo's last!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:09 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

david31 wrote:
Really liked seeing Teague give them a spray last night and he wasn’t hiding his disappointment in the post-game press conference. As a few have said, he may have been giving sprays behind closed doors but I think he’s become fed up over the last few weeks. Most of the year he’s protected the players by hiding any real criticism of them - the sprays (if they occurred) were not in sight of the camera’s and the post-game presser after a loss was relatively upbeat just saying “we need to be better in the contest”. Last night I think Teague said enough is enough and went through them with the cameras on and after the game. He was still balanced with some praise and positives but did not sugarcoat things. Finishing the season like this has me thinking David will be putting the acid on these blokes all pre-season.

This may be a pipe dream but all I want to see is a set of standards being applied equally across every player on the list, regardless of age, status in the game, contract status or talent. Put it on squarely on the players what is required to wear the jumper. If our 2020 first pick doesn’t reach the standards required, he doesn’t play, but this should also be the case for our two 34 years olds.

Also I agree with others looking for a clean out of assistant coaches. Soft cap cuts mean we’ll have to make changes anyway but also there will be good people with new ideas available after being let go by other clubs. We need some new ideas, especially in the midfield.

Great post.
My best possible scenario list.
Get goal kicking coach back
Get the very best player development coaches
Get new mid and stoppage coaches.
Maybe Lenny Hayes. He's left GWS.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:16 am 
Ken Hunter

Blue Sombrero wrote:
cecil89 wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

:clap: - Took too long but glad it finally came.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

Further evidence, if it's even required, of the cost our many quarter-long fadeouts this season…

https://twitter.com/sirswampthing/statu ... 9536829441

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 266  Next