Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 266  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:39 am 
Stephen Kernahan

billc3 wrote:
sticksaftersiren87 wrote:
Out coached the Worsfold / rutten combo completely on sat night.
Even after the SOS injury...
For a few minutes, we were kicking in the air to Hurley. Changed pretty quickly... Previous years it would have taken us a half to change a strategy like that.

Go Blues

How frustrating was that?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:16 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Sombrero wrote:
billc3 wrote:
For a few minutes, we were kicking in the air to Hurley. Changed pretty quickly... Previous years it would have taken us a half to change a strategy like that.

Go Blues

Don't know how you do it BS.... watching only on TV...

It's killing me not being at the games to see what other options are there...

Go Blues

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:34 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

And one for those who like the stats and analysis
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/06/30/how-david-teague-has-re-shaped-carltons-midfield-in-the-last-fortnight/

Go Blues

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:56 pm 
Bruce Doull

That's good, thanks for the link.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:18 pm 
Robert Walls

Yep, thanks.

"It’s clear that Martin, Setterfield and Cuningham have been given Murphy’s snaps (to use an NFL term) and all three have shown they deserve the time in the middle."

And Murphy is playing better as well because of it.

I did laugh at "two game win STREAK"

The soft distortion of success at Carlton through consistent failure. Teague got this though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:35 am 
Stephen Kernahan

billc3 wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
billc3 wrote:

Go Blues

Go Blues

G'day. Bill.

When I was a boy, I lived on Nauru (Yes, that Nauru). My dad was a mad Blues supporter. He used to listen to Radio Australia on short-wave on Saturday arvo. I'd be with him some days but I had better things to do.

Radio Australia covered all the sports of the day so they usually had either Footy (VFL) or Rugby League interspersed with race calling from the east coast meetings in season. A couple of times a year he would get the Blues but mostly it was around the ground scores only. His big fix was the monthly delivery of the Truth, Sun and Age newspapers, which he would pore over for days.

Fast forward to the sixties. i was at St Pats Ballarat as a boarder and it was the era of the transistor radio and so we could listen to the calls but there was only half an hour of footy on TV, which we couldn't see most weeks because there was NO TV the boarders could watch until about 1965.

Fast forward to the Seventies and eighties. My dad retired and moved to Melbourne and when I was posted to Puckapunyal Army base, we went every week to see them. Then I retired in the nineties and went to Tasmania where it all reverted to watching on TV with the odd trip to Melb, usually with my mate, Blue Beatle.

Fast forward to 2003 and it was like reverting to the sixties. I had to listen to a stream of the radio call during the night during the worst period in the club's history. Just so, I never missed a match. Then Camel put me (and other members of the foreign legion) on to a pirate stream that had a link posted every week and a password. Some weeks were better than others, let me tell you.

Now, of course, I get the WatchAFL legally-streamed package and it's a return to the nineties. I still have to get up and watch it during the night but for me it's luxury. I haven't missed a game for years even though my wife thinks I am mad to watch them lose week after week when I could just watch a delayed broadcast. My dad would have reveled in what I have.

Everything is relative. That's how I do it.

Cheers and Go Blues.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:54 am 
John Nicholls

That is absolutely awesome BlueSombrero! Much respect man!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:52 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Sombrero wrote:
billc3 wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
billc3 wrote:

Go Blues

Go Blues

G'day. Bill.

When I was a boy, I lived on Nauru (Yes, that Nauru). My dad was a mad Blues supporter. He used to listen to Radio Australia on short-wave on Saturday arvo. I'd be with him some days but I had better things to do.

Radio Australia covered all the sports of the day so they usually had either Footy (VFL) or Rugby League interspersed with race calling from the east coast meetings in season. A couple of times a year he would get the Blues but mostly it was around the ground scores only. His big fix was the monthly delivery of the Truth, Sun and Age newspapers, which he would pore over for days.

Fast forward to the sixties. i was at St Pats Ballarat as a boarder and it was the era of the transistor radio and so we could listen to the calls but there was only half an hour of footy on TV, which we couldn't see most weeks because there was NO TV the boarders could watch until about 1965.

Fast forward to the Seventies and eighties. My dad retired and moved to Melbourne and when I was posted to Puckapunyal Army base, we went every week to see them. Then I retired in the nineties and went to Tasmania where it all reverted to watching on TV with the odd trip to Melb, usually with my mate, Blue Beatle.

Fast forward to 2003 and it was like reverting to the sixties. I had to listen to a stream of the radio call during the night during the worst period in the club's history. Just so, I never missed a match. Then Camel put me (and other members of the foreign legion) on to a pirate stream that had a link posted every week and a password. Some weeks were better than others, let me tell you.

Now, of course, I get the WatchAFL legally-streamed package and it's a return to the nineties. I still have to get up and watch it during the night but for me it's luxury. I haven't missed a game for years even though my wife thinks I am mad to watch them lose week after week when I could just watch a delayed broadcast. My dad would have reveled in what I have.

Everything is relative. That's how I do it.

Cheers and Go Blues.
Absolutely saint... I mean LEGEND... Well DONE BS, true blue blood....

I get that it's all relative...I'm a little younger, in the sixties I was jumping the fence (sneaking through the gates) at PP... and standing on beer cans to watch....

Been addicted ever since...

Go Blues

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:28 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Riley Beveridge
@RileyBev
·
39s
This is the 12th time in 16 games under David Teague that Carlton has conceded a 30-point swing within a match. @AFLcomau

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

wtf is a 30 pt 'swing'?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:45 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
wtf is a 30 pt 'swing'?

Conceding one is a team kicking 30 unanswered points against us.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
wtf is a 30 pt 'swing'?

Whatever it is its a real worrying trend... jury very much out on the Teague train

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:30 pm 
John James

The_Cranium wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:
wtf is a 30 pt 'swing'?

Whatever it is its a real worrying trend... jury very much out on the Teague train

Inclined to agree.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Casboult goes OOF and Philp misses an absolute sitter inside the first 15 mins.
Teague can't go out and kick the footy on their behalf.

We shouldn't have been that far behind, The players have to take their chances.

Philp is not ready.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

12 out of 16 times Teague has been coaching we have been more than 30 points behind
Must rectify this isn’t good enough
So 75 percent of the games we play we are 30 points behind the opposition
Unacceptable

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

Always seems stoned in pressers, the casual laid back demeanour seems to infect the players

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:01 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Casboult goes OOF and Philp misses an absolute sitter inside the first 15 mins.
Teague can't go out and kick the footy on their behalf.

We shouldn't have been that far behind, The players have to take their chances.

Philp is not ready.

I thought Philip showed plenty tonight. Was clean, good disposal, a lot more composed.

He might not be ready, but he wasn’t our worst tonight by a long way.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:16 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Philp did improve once the heat was out of the game. We need another strong body around the ball. Possibly jsos.

Setterfield looked better tonight but he's not strong.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:55 am 
Geoff Southby

Agree with the above Philp doesn’t look ready, but good to give him a taste.

If fisher is right, Philp will make way for him next week.

I think the 30+ point swing includes geelong as we led by 42 and only won by 2.

Encouraging thing is we do tend to keep fighting games out, which had disappeared by the end of Bolts tenure.

In terms of the up and down nature within games, I think It’s largely a by product of the team. We are so dependent on Cripps and Doch that if they are down the whole side seems unable to do anything.

We don’t have enough other good players to step up when our best are down.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:26 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Hrie Ratten!!!!

Winston Churchill

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 266  Next