Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:10 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

camel wrote:
The better news here is that his health must be at a level that means he is willing/able to take on such a role.

That was my first thought as well

Brownlow medallist Greg Williams 'can't remember large chunks of playing days':

https://www.afl.com.au/news/60334/footy ... in-disease

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

Anyone else reckon Diesel might be a bit more no frills when it comes to being a conduit between board and footy dept than Judd?

IIRC Diesel has been on the board before, can anyone recall or know what he was like previously and/or what his specific role was?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:48 pm 
Bruce Doull

Hope he can resume giving Dow a hand on the track :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:54 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Could SOS be footy manager ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:58 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

They’ll have to carefully re-read the minutes of the previous Board Meeting - but at least skills training sessions will be good

:thumbsup:

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:10 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

BlueJean wrote:

That ship has sailed IMHO.
I'd be disappointed if they bought him back.
Do we get Sticks, Braddles and Campo back too? They can teach Teague how to hide in the carpark waiting for his payout.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:13 pm 
Geoff Southby

BlueJean wrote:

It could be on the cards.

Ockhams razor wrote:
Keep an eye out for SOS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
BlueJean wrote:

That ship has sailed IMHO.
I'd be disappointed if they bought him back.
Do we get Sticks, Braddles and Campo back too? They can teach Teague how to hide in the carpark waiting for his payout.

Why couldn’t sos comeback ??

You need to Look at what he inherited when he walked into the club ... including list and salary cap !!

Do you think we could of Adam saad , Zak Williams and jack martin without the way sos fixed the salary cap ?? Forget form for a moment and remember the excitement when they first got announced

Yes he has had some busts in the draft so far , but look at your past before he walked in
Now the draft players who are regular players right now and will build our nucleous for our next premiership potentially
Weiters
McKay
Curnow
Cunningham’
Jsos potentially
Walsh
Stocker
MArtin
He wouldn’t given pick 8 for saad ... and don’t forget
Dow could potentially still come on especially with diesel back at the club , diesel rates him

So it’s insulting that we don’t recognise the pressure sos was under with the rot that was set in before he even got there and then after bolts Demise fought with everyone to not appoint Teague , and we know how that all ended with liddle power play

So please stop bagging sos , he is more Carlton than Teague or anyone else for that matter ...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:18 pm 
Banned

I have no issue SOS coming back just keep him away from having a say when it comes to drafting mids.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:20 pm 
Ken Hunter

Walsh wrote:
I have no issue SOS coming back just keep him away from having a say when it comes to drafting mids.

Don’t worry Walshy, we won’t need anymore now. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:20 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Sidefx wrote:
BlueJean wrote:

Ockhams razor wrote:
Keep an eye out for SOS

Well things would certainly be United at the club for the first time in a looooong while. Ross sos diesel.... all “winners” in my book.

Folks, you can’t change the DNA of a club like Carlton. It’s been tried unsuccessfully in recent times....and look where that got us...up ship creek! People use the sleeping giant analogy....well perhaps this is our moment to awaken....for the record...SOS did a good job at recruiting for this club....don’t diss the bloke....he is royalty. His son has busted a gut for this club too. SOS might just reappear again...a footy manager role would suit him I think....who has put forward better suggestions??....Leppitsch... please!!!....give me a break! Buckley?...maybe...he will come back to footy but not sure it’s so soon.

Ross was good on FC tonight... someone who will do well at steering the ship at least.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:21 pm 
Ken Hunter

BlueJean wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
BlueJean wrote:

Ockhams razor wrote:
Keep an eye out for SOS

Well things would certainly be United at the club for the first time in a looooong while. Ross sos diesel.... all “winners” in my book.

Folks, you can’t change the DNA of a club like Carlton. It’s been tried unsuccessfully in recent times....and look where that got us...up ship creek! People use the sleeping giant analogy....well perhaps this is our moment to awaken....for the record...SOS did a good job at recruiting for this club....don’t diss the bloke....he is royalty. His son has busted a gut for this club too. SOS might just reappear again...a footy manager role would suit him I think....who has put forward better suggestions??....Leppitsch... please!!!....give me a break! Buckley?...maybe...he will come back to footy but not sure it’s so soon.

Ross was good on FC tonight... someone who will do well at steering the ship at least.

DNA. You bet. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:

Good you are back , always welcome even with the demise of Teague in the coming days ...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:27 pm 
Harry Vallence

BlueJean wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
BlueJean wrote:

Ockhams razor wrote:
Keep an eye out for SOS

I loved Lyons line , that it burns for him to win silverware
Yes yes yes yes !!
Come on home Rossy boy !!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:32 pm 
Banned

azzablue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Good you are back , always welcome even with the demise of Teague in the coming days ...

Are you sure?

I hear different.

More additional appointments coming. It's unlikely anyone is going to get sacked just contracts not renewed.

Diesel will follow process and direct football department and be Lloyds boss. Bonus is - both Lloyd and Teague has someone to talk to at board level as Juddy was out of his depth.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:33 pm 
Serge Silvagni

azzablue wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
BlueJean wrote:

Ockhams razor wrote:
Keep an eye out for SOS

Yes yes yes yes !!

I’m with you Azza....we seem to write in tandem on our similar views. Go blues!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
azzablue wrote:
Walsh wrote:

Are you sure?

I hear different.

More additional appointments coming. It's unlikely anyone is going to get sacked just contracts not renewed.

Diesel will follow process and direct football department and be Lloyds boss. Bonus is - both Lloyd and Teague has someone to talk to at board level as Juddy was out of his depth.

BRo you are taking the piss now .. you know and I know llyod snd teague are gone , can you pleas acknowledge that so we can move on ...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

BlueJean wrote:
azzablue wrote:
BlueJean wrote:
Sidefx wrote:
BlueJean wrote:

Ockhams razor wrote:
Keep an eye out for SOS

Yes yes yes yes !!

I’m with you Azza....we seem to write in tandem on our similar views. Go blues!

Let’s pack out the McG with navy blue with a rampant McKay curnow crippa walshy (player) and weiters leading us ...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:49 pm 
Banned

The only thing the board is doing at the moment is inflicting more cultural damage.

We were a sad case before and now we are on a slippery slope downwards to the depths of nowhere. Not many people accept it.....live with it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:55 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walsh wrote:
The only thing the board is doing at the moment is inflicting more cultural damage.

We were a sad case before and now we are on a slippery slope downwards to the depths of nowhere. Not many people accept it.....live with it.

Anyways maybe I was wrong about welcoming you back , you surely can’t be outside reality

You just want to be the party popper that’s fine ... there is always one
The rest of us can keep celebrating that with all this change coming , the wheels are finally turning forward and hopefully you will catch up one day if you run fast enough

The diesel is back that’s a great start and with his vision he will stamp the mantra of what Carlton is all about ...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next