Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 82  Next

Who should be Carlton's next coach?
Teague 48%  48%  [ 125 ]
B Scott 2%  2%  [ 4 ]
Clarkson 13%  13%  [ 34 ]
Ratten 13%  13%  [ 33 ]
Voss 7%  7%  [ 18 ]
Malthouse 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Walls 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Caracella 3%  3%  [ 9 ]
Longmuir 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Barker 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Leppitsch 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Mitchell 3%  3%  [ 7 ]
Bassett 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Burns 2%  2%  [ 6 ]
Roos 3%  3%  [ 8 ]
Other 5%  5%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 262
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:04 pm 
Craig Bradley

HTP wrote:
I know he’s won four flags, but isn’t Clarkson yesterday’s news? Reminds me of the Pagan aura. Dude can’t even beat Essendon**.

I’d be into Simpson if I wanted a current coach - more recent runs in the board.

Serious? Clarko's most recent run was only 2015, 3rd in a row and certainly knows how to reinvent himself unlike Pagan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:07 pm 
Craig Bradley

bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
HTP wrote:
I know he’s won four flags, but isn’t Clarkson yesterday’s news? Reminds me of the Pagan aura. Dude can’t even beat Essendon****.

I’d be into Simpson if I wanted a current coach - more recent runs in the board.

Thank you. Well said.

Ditto. Well said

Clarkson was blessed to hve onfield leaders like Hodge and Lewis who are still playing and Mitchell who should take Clarksons spot after he is sacked. :sly:

You don't win a flag, let alone 4, unless you can coach. A super side with a shit coach wins nothing. Key to coaching is to get the best out of what you have and he certainly did. If it a good side then you area flag contender. Thought he created a miracle having Hawthorn finish top 4 at the end of round 23 last year with that side.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:45 pm 
Trevor Keogh

You know Brett Ratten would be a better coach the second time around but I respect the opposite view. I don't think we'll be done as a club if he failed again at Carlton. That's a big call thinking that but we're all entitled to think what's right. Clarkson won't leave Hawthorn. If he would I'd consider him, for sure. Ratten was leading a poll on SEN. I don't think Teague is out of it either. IMHO Brad Scott is not a good fit

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk

Last round Carlton made the final four for the first time.

Eventual premiers.

That's what I'm talking about!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:19 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

After Stratton's efforts on the weekend, please can we put a line through Clarkson? That kind of shit was likely endorsed by him and I don't want any of that shit at our club thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:59 am 
Harry Vallence

jim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
HTP wrote:
I know he’s won four flags, but isn’t Clarkson yesterday’s news? Reminds me of the Pagan aura. Dude can’t even beat Essendon*****.

Thank you. Well said.

Ditto. Well said

Clarkson was blessed to hve onfield leaders like Hodge and Lewis who are still playing and Mitchell who should take Clarksons spot after he is sacked. :sly:

You don't win a flag, let alone 4, unless you can coach. A super side with a shit coach wins nothing. Key to coaching is to get the best out of what you have and he certainly did. If it a good side then you area flag contender. Thought he created a miracle having Hawthorn finish top 4 at the end of round 23 last year with that side.

I don't disagree, however premierships are won when you have a good enough list and the coach can get the best out of them. Back to back premierships tell you that the team are a once in a generation team. Look at Geelong where a rookie first year coach won the Premiership, super sides can win a premiership with a rookie coach.

Only the very best and rarest coaches can do this with different lists/teams, I'm not sure Clarko can do that and further I don't think that he believes he can either which is why he won't entertain the idea of coaching another club.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:18 am 
Ken Hunter

..clarko is a good coach, now as well as before.. ..off field he probably isn't heading your Christmas card list.. ....in regards to the 3peat, awesome effort.. ..in my opinion it's the '08 flag they pinched ahead of schedule vs a powerful team that shows how good he is..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:46 am 
Bruce Doull

Stone Free wrote:
After Stratton's efforts on the weekend, please can we put a line through Clarkson? That kind of shit was likely endorsed by him and I don't want any of that shit at our club thank you.

He also played a strong deflection card when he appeared in AFL360 on Monday. But it's not news that Clarkson is a [REDACTED].

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:34 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Stone Free wrote:
You had to wait till this last weekend to decide what sort of human being Clarkson is?? The deliberate breaking of Aitken's jaw in the only Aussie Rules version of a 'friendly'.... 32 years ago didn't give you any hints?

Shit bloke - cauliflower of the highest order.

Pretty good coach but.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

Big Kahuna Boot wrote:
..clarko is a good coach, now as well as before.. ..off field he probably isn't heading your Christmas card list.. ....in regards to the 3peat, awesome effort.. ..in my opinion it's the '08 flag they pinched ahead of schedule vs a powerful team that shows how good he is..

If he has the power to magically make opposition sides kick poorly for goal then I'll reconsider my opinion.

Otherwise I think we'd be going down the messiah path again and I don't think that works.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:06 pm 
Ken Hunter

Marc Shmurf 3 on BF posted this today;

The club has offered Ross Lyon a God father offer, which he has knocked back at the stage. Lyon would prefer to stay in Perth.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:14 pm 
Rod Ashman

kezza wrote:

The club has offered Ross Lyon a God father offer, which he has knocked back at the stage. Lyon would prefer to stay in Perth.

And the. Barass70 posted something and it was deleted....anyone know what was said?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:21 pm 
Ken Hunter

DesEnglish wrote:
kezza wrote:

And the. Barass70 posted something and it was deleted....anyone know what was said?

I didn't see it but there is now a post up from Barass70 saying ;

Lyon has not received an offer, he's interested and so are a few others. Stay tuned, exciting times ahead.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Bit early to be talking about offers. Sounding out managers re: interest- maybe...but offers? No... we're not there yet!! No rush on this...we likely won't know until October.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

kezza wrote:
DesEnglish wrote:
kezza wrote:

I didn't see it but there is now a post up from Barass70 saying ;

Lyon has not received an offer, he's interested and so are a few others. Stay tuned, exciting times ahead.

exciting for who exactly if we get Lyon.
honestly, I did not see this coming.
Is Teague gonna get a fair chance?
Not a big enough name for some?
can we at least wait the 11 weeks to see?
:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:32 pm 
Craig Bradley

Steve_C7 wrote:
jim wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
HTP wrote:
I know he’s won four flags, but isn’t Clarkson yesterday’s news? Reminds me of the Pagan aura. Dude can’t even beat Essendon******.

Thank you. Well said.

Ditto. Well said

I don't disagree, however premierships are won when you have a good enough list and the coach can get the best out of them. Back to back premierships tell you that the team are a once in a generation team. Look at Geelong where a rookie first year coach won the Premiership, super sides can win a premiership with a rookie coach.

Only the very best and rarest coaches can do this with different lists/teams, I'm not sure Clarko can do that and further I don't think that he believes he can either which is why he won't entertain the idea of coaching another club.

Does have the ability to reinvent himself, is a thinker and would adapt to any situation. He did bring the Hawks up from the bottom when he first began.

As for the rookie coach at Geelong he's still there 9 years later. The list has changed almost completely but they are now warm flag favorites, so he can obviously coach. There was no flag in 2011 is he couldn't coach.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:05 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Is there a Bellamy clone among the candidates... ?

Pound for pound the best coach I've seen. Just keeps producing hungry players from nowhere.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Rexy wrote:
Is there a Bellamy clone among the candidates... ?

Pound for pound the best coach I've seen. Just keeps producing hungry players from nowhere.

Yeah.
Goes by the name
Mah Bellamy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:13 pm 
Bruce Comben

I’m not a fan of Hinkley but he is eminently gettable

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:57 pm 
Geoff Southby

Freo playing pretty good footy right now.
Don’t understand the negatives re. Ross.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Bernard Myers wrote:
I’m not a fan of Hinkley but he is eminently gettable

Odds on someone who wore a Roys jumper will get the gig...

Last edited by DocSherrin III on Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 82  Next