Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:06 pm 
Bruce Doull

Hawks will be stung by today

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

Then imagine how shit they will feel after we beat them next weekend

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:10 pm 
Ken Hunter

grrofunger wrote:
Then imagine how shit they will feel after we beat them next weekend

:grin:

:fight: :fight:

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:07 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

Rexy wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Rexy wrote:
In the past after we had a rare good win, it was the leaders that didn't follow up the next week.

I'll be watching our young leaders this week to see the energy levels and effort.

Charlie back in for Levi probably only change but hopefully Cuningham back in for Polson
:lol:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Who would you drop for Charlie ?
Don't know, but it certainly wouldn't be Levi, who probably played close to his best game. Imagine the message you'd send to the group.

I reckon it would be out of Polson, LOB, Gov, or Charlie himself.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

Last edited by moshe25 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:10 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

bondiblue wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Rexy wrote:
In the past after we had a rare good win, it was the leaders that didn't follow up the next week.

I'll be watching our young leaders this week to see the energy levels and effort.

Charlie back in for Levi probably only change but hopefully Cuningham back in for Polson

No need to laugh mosche.
Rexy's is a logical suggestion given Levi was dropped, last in, and only in as a late change when Charlie couldnt present fit for the game.

Casboult did well against the shortest team in the competition.

Having said that, there's a case for Levi to stay.

If contribution to the eam is the measuring stick then Polson and LOB must go if Charlie and Cuningham are ready for selection.

Levi contributed more than Gov.
Couldn't have said it better myself Bondti.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:28 am 
Harry Vallence

moshe25 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
Rexy wrote:

No need to laugh mosche.
Rexy's is a logical suggestion given Levi was dropped, last in, and only in as a late change when Charlie couldnt present fit for the game.

Casboult did well against the shortest team in the competition.

Having said that, there's a case for Levi to stay.

If contribution to the eam is the measuring stick then Polson and LOB must go if Charlie and Cuningham are ready for selection.

Levi contributed more than Gov.
Couldn't have said it better myself Bondti.

Agree with you, if Charlie and Cunners are ready they’re in, we’ll have a decent team on the park with positive momentum, may just bring home the 4 points.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:12 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Humpers wrote:
Rexy wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Charlie onto the wing for O'Brien. O'Brien has the skill but he's a season or 2 off it IMHO.
Let's remember Isaac Smith was 21 before he was drafted. O'Brien is similar IMHO. He doesn't have the physicality or commitment to the contest yet. Not did Smith.
Give him another 12-18 months in the system and he'll be a beauty. Yes we used a high pick on him but if we get 10 years or high quality out of him, he'll be worth it.

Charlie and hopefully Cuningham in for O'Brien and Polson.

Charlie is one of the most talented young key forwards in the comp and you want to change his role to accomodate Levi ? :confused:

I'm with Rexy on this one.
Caboult played well on the weekend (dropped a few easy marks however) but if history is any guide he is unlikely to back it up with another good performance against the Hawks.
I understand that we need to reward good performances to develop a strong culture etc however I just think we are a better chance of beating the Hawks with Charlie replacing Levi up forward (assuming Charlie has fully recovered from his bone bruising).

You are only as good as your last game.
Levi's last game was way ahead of Charlie's last game.
I am not against putting Charlie in the midfield like a Kouta and tell him to hunt the footy.
I doubt any player in the comp could go with him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:16 am 
Robert Walls

There's something to be said for doing the thing Hawthorn least wants us to do. They'd probably prefer to play a Carlton side without C. Curnow.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:08 am 
Rod Ashman

I don't think Charlie has either the recent form line or a sufficiently long history of top level performance to justify automatic inclusion. Especially not when his replacement played so well and we won.

For mine I'd rather see him play in 2's until his form justifies selection.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:20 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

if charlie's offseason was as loose as some reports say it was, and if his focus was on partying & chicks, not footy. drop him into the twos and let him earn his way back.

anecdotally it's easy to believe his offseason stories ... bcos his on field play has been distracted, rusty and he looks underdone.

if i was the coach & MC, i'd start him on the bench and give him his time playing as a wing. 50-50 time back doing grunt work, and moving forward (similar to the Harry taylor role he played Vs the hawks yday).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:43 am 
Harry Vallence

McGovern does not look right to me, I don't think he is 100% fit.

On that basis, and the fact he has had limited impact in the past two games - I would drop him for Charlie if he is fit this week.

Cunnigham is a must in for Polson IMO as well because on exposed form he is easily out best option in the "small forward role".

Also, wasn't it great to finally see Gibbons running in the midfield a bit and doing well! After all that is where his natural skills lie. More of that please Bolts!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:23 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluechampion wrote:
There's something to be said for doing the thing Hawthorn least wants us to do. They'd probably prefer to play a Carlton side without C. Curnow.

Right you are.

I just asked a couple.

Response from one was, who do we put on him as a high forward and then what happens with cripps and Curnow in the midfield. True.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

Hawks will be a much different proposition to the Dogs. The Dogs' were like swiss cheese on the rebound and allowed us to play more direct. Hawks are much more accountable and will try to force us into our old habits of going wide and slow.

We should have the edge in the clearances and with our tall forwards (assuming it doesn't rain), but if the delivery is poor or we don't take our chances, the Hawks will cut us apart on the rebound.

We also need to stop their small forwards. Puopolo and Breust always kill us, and Wingard is due for a Moran'esque return to form.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

I don't have the same expectations for this game as I did for the Dogs, Swans and Suns, but we should be in the hunt. With midfield grunt like we've got and power-forwards, we should be at the very least within 3 goals by the final siren.

Walsh may only be a kid, but he's jumped straight to A grade status if we play the same style as we did this week - and will be viewed as a real threat by the opposition. The Hawks will have to tag Walsh and Cripps which will hopefully allow Dow to get some clean air.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:48 pm 
Robert Walls

How do you tag a player that doesn’t stop running and another that is just too big to keep out of the contest?

That’s the beauty of Cripps/Walsh. A different kind of talent.

SPS/DOW/Fisher can be stopped, the other two... well good luck trying.

Knowing Clarkson. I expect some effort to rattle Walsh with some borderline tactics.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

Make Charlie earn his spot back in the side.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

toddkurnski wrote:
How do you tag a player that doesn’t stop running and another that is just too big to keep out of the contest?

That’s the beauty of Cripps/Walsh. A different kind of talent.

SPS/DOW/Fisher can be stopped, the other two... well good luck trying.

Knowing Clarkson. I expect some effort to rattle Walsh with some borderline tactics.

Agree with you re Sam Walsh counter tactics, it’s up to Kreuzer and Cripps to iron out whomever roughs Sam up.
Watched Mathew closely against the Dogs and he’s inside hammering was excellent opened many a path to attack, he’ll be better for the run too so important to team structure and hope McEvoy is rule out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:31 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

mcEvoy won't play. hawks won't risk him vee us.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:22 pm 
Craig Bradley

Andrew Russell's report is out.
Charlie a test, Cuningham ready to go and will play at some level this weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:51 pm 
Harry Vallence

Charlie is not an automatic inclusion based on his 2019 form preseason included.

He has buckets of talent, but let him get his workrate and touch back in the 2's and see how much he wants it before getting back in the seniors

I also think that the forward chemistry between McGovern and Harry is better without Charlie there.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next