Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 350  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

Some positivity creeping into the place! great appointment!
Good luck young man!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

Donstuie wrote:
No contract? How the @#$%&! did we manage that?? :eek:

Leaves him open to poaching with no contract.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:24 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Goltzenberg wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Ever the optimist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:25 pm 
Harry Vallence

Goltzenberg wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Do you really believe a contract means much these days?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:26 pm 
Bruce Doull

Goltzenberg wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Also means if he flowers up we won't have to fork out a year's pay (like our last three coaches).

#GUILTY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:29 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

They said that in SEN haha

Could us not giving him a contract have something to do with hawthorn not being happy we poached him during the year while he was contracted?
Even though I'm sure it has happened before..Is there more to this appointment?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:31 pm 
Wayne Johnston

O-ffence and Dee-fence.

Noooooooooooo!

I will get over it. Sounds like a good young coach.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

Donstuie wrote:
Goltzenberg wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Also means if he flowers up we won't have to fork out a year's pay (like our last three coaches).

True

I have a good feeling about him. I never had a good feeling about Malthouse at the Blues from the start, but this guy seems like he will bring the club together. Wouldn't be surprised if some players have changed their minds about leaving now. Sounds very approachable and willing to work with others to get the job done. With SOS and the coach on the right track, we look like we are going in the right direction.

Carn the baggers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:50 pm 
formerly cj69

I reckon Membership numbers will increase markedly over the next 2-3 years. There is a real sense of positivity that things are finally being done properly and the club has some excitement back. That will bring people back and attract new ones.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:51 pm 
Bruce Doull

I started a new job today too. :P

I wasn't able to listen in to the presser in great detail, but look forward to catching up on it tonight. I did hear enough to know "leadership density" is the new black!

Rapted that he's going to be starting so soon. Well done to Blues and Hawks for agreeing to that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:51 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

ThePsychologist wrote:
I reckon Membership numbers will increase markedly over the next 2-3 years. There is a real sense of positivity that things are finally being done properly and the club has some excitement back. That will bring people back and attract new ones.

Winning will do that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:58 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Revival wrote:
it's the Blueman Prophecy...

Just a reminder below.......

Quote:
blueman
Post subject: Re: What do you want to see happen now?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:57 pm

Resurrecting 2012 is possible - Don’t write it off despite it not being all that likely.

This is because a flag is won from a low spot in the eight during an even season where there is no clearly dominant side.

There is also no reason why the new young coach shouldn't come on to the scene for flag number 18 or 19... Not likely -but possible.

It is also possible that there could even be a short coaching appointment for someone like MM - a kind of interim coach after Ratten. Again - there are other more likely scenarios - but this could conceivably occur...

So at this point there are still many different branches to some widely variable worldlines any of which could occur.

The arrival of the new young coach (whenever it is) does not occur during a war - but the premiership that he wins for the club occurs during a war and in the middle of a severe economic depression..

The war at that time is an opening battle which precedes a later and much larger conflict - which we will eventually know as WW3,

The time has a feel about it which is similar to that of the middle of the 1930's

Far more people are using public transport than at present.

The appointment the New young coach is generally seen as an underwhelming choice by the football community.

A sacking of Ratten would be amidst circumstances that are beyond his control and the decision to pull the pin is not unanimous.

Those who argue for patience and more time are over ruled...

In some ways it is a rather brutal termination of services that harkens back to the more arrogant Carlton of the 1060's and 1970's..

But that's the nature of football...

Whenever it happens - I always saw this occurring after the end of the home and away season.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:01 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Very impressed with the interview.
He spoke of many things but some just keep ringing in my ear....

People and Process.
Sustained success.
Interviewed the Board as much as they interviewed him.
He is happy all the stakeholders are galvinised and on the same page.
Leadership density.
Bubbly personality and can be ruthless when he has to....(the smiling assassin).

He aint going to @#$%&! up this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Got a great feeling about this appointment....

blueman? Are you? Is this the young coach youve been seeing in your premonition?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:02 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Great timing Stone Free...I couldnt be bothered finding his premontion and was hoping someone would.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:03 pm 
Rod Ashman

Goltzenberg wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Yes not a day to be negative but I hope we are not training Bolton for Clarkson's departure in 3 years

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:05 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

camelboy wrote:
I started a new job today too. :P

I wasn't able to listen in to the presser in great detail, but look forward to catching up on it tonight. I did hear enough to know "leadership density" is the new black!

Rapted that he's going to be starting so soon. Well done to Blues and Hawks for agreeing to that.

Soft. If ya can't watch a half hour presser about a new Blues coach on yer first day at a new job, you're a shit supporter, and I'm better than you.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:12 pm 
Craig Bradley

We'll be in a @#$%&! dynasty by then Jezz!!!!

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:16 pm 
Bruce Doull

Stone Free wrote:
Blue Revival wrote:
it's the Blueman Prophecy...

Just a reminder below.......

Quote:
blueman
Post subject: Re: What do you want to see happen now?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:57 pm

Resurrecting 2012 is possible - Don’t write it off despite it not being all that likely.

This is because a flag is won from a low spot in the eight during an even season where there is no clearly dominant side.

There is also no reason why the new young coach shouldn't come on to the scene for flag number 18 or 19... Not likely -but possible.

It is also possible that there could even be a short coaching appointment for someone like MM - a kind of interim coach after Ratten. Again - there are other more likely scenarios - but this could conceivably occur...

So at this point there are still many different branches to some widely variable worldlines any of which could occur.

The arrival of the new young coach (whenever it is) does not occur during a war - but the premiership that he wins for the club occurs during a war and in the middle of a severe economic depression..

The war at that time is an opening battle which precedes a later and much larger conflict - which we will eventually know as WW3,

The time has a feel about it which is similar to that of the middle of the 1930's

Far more people are using public transport than at present.

The appointment the New young coach is generally seen as an underwhelming choice by the football community.

A sacking of Ratten would be amidst circumstances that are beyond his control and the decision to pull the pin is not unanimous.

Those who argue for patience and more time are over ruled...

In some ways it is a rather brutal termination of services that harkens back to the more arrogant Carlton of the 1060's and 1970's..

But that's the nature of football...

Whenever it happens - I always saw this occurring after the end of the home and away season.

freaky

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:18 pm 
Harry Vallence

To think he has seamlessly made the transition from bad adult contemporary music to AFL coach.

I don't think many have done that before.

#badboltonjokes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

Michael Jezz wrote:
Goltzenberg wrote:
Donstuie wrote:

Yes not a day to be negative but I hope we are not training Bolton for Clarkson's departure in 3 years

I think this is more of a positive than a negative. If clubs are trying to poach him, then he is doing a bloody good job at the club and we are getting success. No clubs try to poach a coach if they are not a very good coach.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 350  Next