Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 37  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:39 pm 
Bruce Doull

BigBlueWave wrote:
I don't think Barker is the answer for reasons I've stated before.

I hope the club is still open minded about their choice and that they go for either Loyd or Dew.

Its going to be a huge job to repair the damage of the last 3 years and heaps of patience will be required.

3 years? Lolo
3 years is easily fixable then... a breeze!

Right?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:45 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

BigBlueWave wrote:

I hope the club is still open minded about their choice and that they go for either Loyd or Dew.

Its going to be a huge job to repair the damage of the last 3 years and heaps of patience will be required.

Let's hope your patience lasts longer than 5-10 rounds into next season.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:55 pm 
Bruce Doull

BigBlueWave wrote:

whats so good about lloyd and dew?

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:59 pm 
formerly BlueRob

cimm1979 wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:

I never had any patience with the Madhouse appointment because it was a dumb decision. Just about anyone will be a step up from that ... Even Barker.

Whoever is appointed needs to be given heaps of opportunity after the the super duper dud's damage.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:07 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

BigBlueWave wrote:
cimm1979 wrote:
BigBlueWave wrote:

I never had any patience with the Madhouse appointment because it was a dumb decision. Just about anyone will be a step up from that ... Even Barker.

Whoever is appointed needs to be given heaps of opportunity after the the super duper dud's damage.

So you've already put a qualifier on your support for Barker.

How long does he get?

As long as Hardwick?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:47 pm 
formerly BlueRob

The Madhouse decision was just plain dumb. John Barker IMO is a step up. If due diligence is done and Barker is what they come up with, he needs at least three years ... I mean ... its not like he can take us lower ... and who knows ... he may be the man. I just don't see it at the moment. The problem is that when someone has gutted the club like Madhouse ... its easy to make a mistake with the next coach because anyone looks good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

A coach is but one piece of the jigsaw...the coach on his own wont fix anything..
Problem is we are trying to fix things in isolation.. see recruiting change recruiter... see CEO change him... see coach change.. see forward change forward... etc etc
There is.NO holistic philosophy and approach..

Its laughter material

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:14 pm 
Rod Ashman

The next coach needs 4 years minimum and he shouldn't be judged on results until 4th season. It is all development until then.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:18 pm 
Robert Walls

Synbad wrote:
A coach is but one piece of the jigsaw...the coach on his own wont fix anything..
Problem is we are trying to fix things in isolation.. see recruiting change recruiter... see CEO change him... see coach change.. see forward change forward... etc etc

Its laughter material

That doesn't make sense. Change is, as you point out, happening all over the place. The jigsaw IS being puzzled. If they were ONLY changing the coach, your laughing would make sense in this case.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:38 pm 
Ken Hunter

HTP wrote:
Synbad wrote:

Its laughter material

That doesn't make sense. Change is, as you point out, happening all over the place. The jigsaw IS being puzzled. If they were ONLY changing the coach, your laughing would make sense in this case.

..there's no big picture, long term plan that binds everything together.. ..it's one knee jerk reaction to another with no cohesion.. ..what does this club stand for?, how is it going to effect real change to the rotten culture..?..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:41 pm 
Bruce Doull

HTP wrote:
Synbad wrote:

Its laughter material

To you it doesn't make sense... Because you're in tune with the way the club thinks.
It's not about finding pieces it's about creating an overall masterpiece..
Go see Catherine the greats collection at the ngv winter exhibition.
Maybe you'll understand after you look at something special...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:10 am 
formerly BlueRob

I agree. Long term planning and overall club improvement is what we need. Part of that is choosing the right coach for the future ... the right fit for the club. Now as we have seen over the past 3 years ... a coach might not be able to make you ... but he can certainly break you. In my 40+ years of following the Blues I have never seen such a disaster of a decision. The club has not been professional ... its true ... thats one of the reasons we employed the Super Duper Dud.

Barker is probably not the answer ... but I don't think he can break things ... because from a coaching aspect everything has already been broken.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:33 am 
Robert Walls

Whoa there, nelly. I'm not saying there's a master plan. I'm saying your argument, in this case, is piss poor.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:51 am 
Rod Ashman

Can Barker coach?
- Not sure how much he is showing in the interim role. So far, he carries himself pretty well in the media and his plan seems to rest mostly on empowering the players to be free. That is a fine albeit pretty straightforward first step following what happened in the first part of this season. But it is a shortlived approach. Don't expect to see much in the way of his strategy b/c he may be focusing first on the players' mentality and even if he was implementing a new strategy it is hard to tell whether it is a poor strategy, hasn't had time to implement properly or the players are simply not listening/comprehending.
- His history doesn't appear to be spectacular, given his line coach roles at Carlton. Again, this may be due to personnel or possibly senior coach instruction but either way, not spectacular.
- So, it will be his philosophies, strategies, plans and presentation Vs that of the other rookie coaches.

Let's just hope the committee knows what is required and has the ability to recognise it.
And then lets hope the Board takes their advice.

One thing I have zero confidence in is the players' public endorsement of the coach.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:02 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Michael Jezz wrote:
The next coach needs 4 years minimum and he shouldn't be judged on results until 4th season. It is all development until then.

I'm more of the thought 5yrs is ideal for a rebuild and ready to launch an assault.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:36 pm 
Bruce Doull

Hasn't SOS said it'll be a 66-game rebuild?

3 years for the next coach by the looks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:42 pm 
Craig Bradley

Which we started in Rd 2

HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR TALKINGCARLTON SUPERCOACH 2009 YET?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:45 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

So they can sack the new guy after round 2 in 2018 with half a year left on his contract if the results aren't there. Because, rebuild over.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:48 pm 
Craig Bradley

Fucha.

HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR TALKINGCARLTON SUPERCOACH 2009 YET?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:31 pm 
Rod Ashman

Given he just dropped Menzel and Yarran, I'd think he has the job

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 37  Next