Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 43  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:28 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-pre ... 7372848760

Mick Malthouse reveals he ‘deserved better’ from Carlton in a Fox Footy AFL 360 exclusive

MICK Malthouse has revealed he feels he “deserved better” from Carlton following his unceremonious sacking from the club.

In an exclusive AFL 360 special interview with Gerard Whateley, to air on Fox Footy at 8.30pm on Thursday night, a candid Malthouse elaborated on his departure from the Blues and his relationship with the club’s hierarchy.

In addition to saying he deserved “a bit more time or a bit less time”, Malthouse opens up on his comments regarding Carlton CEO Steven Trigg and Adelaide’s acquisition of Eddie Betts.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

Just watching that preview now.

#PoorMick

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:30 pm 
Bruce Doull

Synbad wrote:
I think you're pulling my thoughts on Mick I'm isolation and you know it

If we pulled on the thread in its entirety Synners, it would likely tug back and drag us up and down the entire forum.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

anybody listening to SEN and Terry Wallace...

basically said the board wanted to wait to the bye before sacking Mick because they wanted Mick to be coach for the next 2 heavy losses against the swans and crows as Judd/Gibbs/Murphy will be out during those games. Also gives these blokes 4 weeks off to have a crack at the 4 home games after the bye...

12-1-2016 - CAS goes bang, happy new year.. Drugcheats forever..

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:32 pm 
Geoff Southby

Cyclonus wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
I don't thin Ratts was brilliant but I had a bad feeling about Mick about halfway through the 2nd quarter of the first game of 2013. I saw improvements and wanted to believe at times, but it never really materialised. He never took outside opinions and any player who he didn't see eye to eye with fully was shown the door (Laidler, betts, Mitch, Jeffy, Waite, even Brock would of been handy at this stage).

Ratts had a good attacking gameplan but couldn't manage a list to save himself.

Now we have a dedicated list manager, but no coach and no gameplan.

Carlton!

A more experienced Ratts with several years at the Hawks and Clarkson under his belt with beefed up footy and recruiting depts. It may fall into place. Should he be called as a genuine interviewee not as one of the boys.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:35 pm 
formerly cj69

Mick kept saying it's not in his DNA to give up. :roll:

IMO not much difference between that and forcing someone to sack you.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Cyclonus wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:
I don't thin Ratts was brilliant but I had a bad feeling about Mick about halfway through the 2nd quarter of the first game of 2013. I saw improvements and wanted to believe at times, but it never really materialised. He never took outside opinions and any player who he didn't see eye to eye with fully was shown the door (Laidler, betts, Mitch, Jeffy, Waite, even Brock would of been handy at this stage).

Carlton!

A more experienced Ratts with several years at the Hawks and Clarkson under his belt with beefed up footy and recruiting depts. It may fall into place. Should he be called as a genuine interviewee not as one of the boys.

#trollingsynners

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:36 pm 
Craig Bradley

Effes wrote:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/mick-malthouse-reveals-he-deserved-better-from-carlton-in-a-fox-footy-afl-360-exclusive/story-e6frf3e3-1227372848760

Mick Malthouse reveals he ‘deserved better’ from Carlton in a Fox Footy AFL 360 exclusive

MICK Malthouse has revealed he feels he “deserved better” from Carlton following his unceremonious sacking from the club.

In an exclusive AFL 360 special interview with Gerard Whateley, to air on Fox Footy at 8.30pm on Thursday night, a candid Malthouse elaborated on his departure from the Blues and his relationship with the club’s hierarchy.

In addition to saying he deserved “a bit more time or a bit less time”, Malthouse opens up on his comments regarding Carlton CEO Steven Trigg and Adelaide’s acquisition of Eddie Betts.

Yep, as I guessed #poormick #zeroaccountability

We are Carlton, @#$%&! the rest !!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:37 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

ThePsychologist wrote:

Because it makes him feel better because he has an excuse for all the people he dragged over with him and left to fend for themselves.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:16 pm 
Rod Ashman

bosman wrote:

basically said the board wanted to wait to the bye before sacking Mick because they wanted Mick to be coach for the next 2 heavy losses against the swans and crows as Judd/Gibbs/Murphy will be out during those games. Also gives these blokes 4 weeks off to have a crack at the 4 home games after the bye...

if true, then we have a quality board.... :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

Teddy Hopkins wrote:
Cyclonus wrote:
Adam Chatfield wrote:

Carlton!

In some ways Ratts would be the perfect coach for us now. It won't happen as the footy world would go nuts. If he gets a chance with someone else, he could be very good.

Bringing back Parkin (yes I know he won flags the first time) wasn't a bad move.

Ratts always got a bad rap here but that is because TC blames everyone for everything.

He made mistakes. Similar to Voss in Brissy. It doesn't mean they can't coach.

What he needed was a structure around him that restricted his purview to coaching and assistant support from experienced guys.

History shows Ratts wasn't the dud that much of the footy world said he was.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
bosman wrote:

if true, then we have a quality board.... :roll: :roll:

We are talking Terry Wallace here :roll:

What we do know is the Board said they would make a decision whether to offer MM a contract extension at the end of the year. Why not?

Gives MM an incentive to show us what his Game Plan looks like. Given no oone could execute thus far they might after round 16.

Furthermore gives us time to see the quality of the new 22 players he brought in, plus ofcourse Thomas would come good by end of the year......yeah right.

Giving their decision in 2 weeks gave them plenty of time to decide if MM he wasnt gooiing to get a contract extension. A decision not to extend would give MM nothing to coach towards except points above.

MM was sour he was being judged. Stuck up prick. Too good for everyone

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:07 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

cimm1979 wrote:
ThePsychologist wrote:

Because it makes him feel better because he has an excuse for all the people he dragged over with him and left to fend for themselves.

He gave up, 4 years ago. If in his deluded mind he was still trying.... Well that's for a conference paper..

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:29 pm 
formerly King Kenny

I hope FoxFooty had a spare box of tissues for the interview. A real heart breaker!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:13 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Giving Ratts another crack just feels right.

They say you should always listen to the little man inside. My little man gives the thumbs up when I think of Ratten as senior coach. Hey at least we know he can take us to finals with a pretty crappy list.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:51 pm 
Craig Bradley

idle wrote:
Giving Ratts another crack just feels right.

They say you should always listen to the little man inside. My little man gives the thumbs up when I think of Ratten as senior coach. Hey at least we know he can take us to finals with a pretty crappy list.

I wanna aim a little higher than '3 points from a prelim and not able to beat anyone above us' this time around...

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:57 pm 
Rod Ashman

Effes wrote:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/mick-malthouse-reveals-he-deserved-better-from-carlton-in-a-fox-footy-afl-360-exclusive/story-e6frf3e3-1227372848760

I'm pissed off we allowed him to attain the !@#$ing record while with us

FKing RShole and ungrateful person

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:35 pm 
Robert Walls

No shit I will spew up if Ratten came back. And walk away from football. And never read stats again. And maybe even quit Talking Carlton.

Unless he's an actual coach now, in which case yeah nah maybe.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:55 pm 
Bruce Doull

jimmae wrote:
Synbad wrote:
I think you're pulling my thoughts on Mick I'm isolation and you know it

If we pulled on the thread in its entirety Synners, it would likely tug back and drag us up and down the entire forum.

Why don't you do it and set the record straight in its context when if it drags you down... You know context truth etc..
Stuff that you don't usually go by... These things might drag you down. But they're still context truth etc.
Can I ask a question?/, did you really put your hand up to be a moderator and did they really accept you?
You and I know what I mean....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:05 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

30 minutes in and Mick still hasn't admitted fault to anything....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 43  Next