Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:04 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 43  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:34 am 
Bruce Doull

How so?

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:39 am 
Ken Hands

Donstuie wrote:
How so?

If you have to ask the question you aren't going to understand the answer.

Observe the actions and history of this club and where it has taken us. Let's not plead complete ignorance to the actions of this club.

We love to point the finger at everyone else but as soon as this club is questioned we cry - How so?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:44 am 
John Nicholls

Stone Free wrote:
And yet, inexplicably, Andy McKay is STILL there. :banghead:

I'm convinced he has incriminating photos of a club board member. Astounding given his involvement in f*cking up our list/cap position for years.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:45 am 
Bruce Doull

Rabbit wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
How so?

Observe the actions and history of this club and where it has taken us. Let's not plead complete ignorance to the actions of this club.

We love to point the finger at everyone else but as soon as this club is questioned we cry - How so?

I'm only asking if you can explain your reasoning for how you think this development links back to previous mistakes the club has made, because I'm genuinely curious and think more can be offered than blanket statements.

It's called discussion.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:07 am 
Ken Hands

Donstuie wrote:
Rabbit wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
How so?

I'm only asking if you can explain your reasoning for how you think this development links back to previous mistakes the club has made, because I'm genuinely curious and think more can be offered than blanket statements.

It's called discussion.

I am not sure if you are joking that you need to be given reasoning or examples to how this club has operated in the past and how this 'development' rings of the same 'previous mistakes' or not.

If you need that and/or can't see or accept that this club operates in that way, nothing I am going to say here is going to change your mind.

Which is fair enough. Let's just leave it as a blanket statement. As with every post on this forum it is just an opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:43 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Rabbit wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
How so?

If you have to ask the question you aren't going to understand the answer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:50 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Myxomatosis.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:00 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Rabbit wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
Rabbit wrote:
Donstuie wrote:
How so?

It's called discussion.

I am not sure if you are joking that you need to be given reasoning or examples to how this club has operated in the past and how this 'development' rings of the same 'previous mistakes' or not.

If you need that and/or can't see or accept that this club operates in that way, nothing I am going to say here is going to change your mind.

Which is fair enough. Let's just leave it as a blanket statement. As with every post on this forum it is just an opinion.
Yes, we all know the history of the club. But what he wanted to know was why are you saying that this is similar? Do you know something beyond what's been written that Trigg just resigned? Of you do, please share.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:22 am 
Bruce Doull

Moshe - "If you have to ask the question you aren't going to understand the answer"

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:40 am 
Bruce Doull

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/10/05/ ... lues-role/

According to MLG's interview on SEN, this is appears to be a very odd scenario: Trigg will remain CEO until the club finds his replacement. There’s no deadline in place to recruit the new CEO.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:48 am 
Vale 1953-2020

Donstuie wrote:
Moshe - "If you have to ask the question you aren't going to understand the answer"
:lol:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:52 am 
Bruce Doull

MLG also spoke on trade radio
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-06/b ... or-ceo-job

The common theme seems to be that after Trigg helped to stabilise the club (personnel, culture etc), a 'different personality' is needed to take things to the next step, which is to "Make Carlton great again" financially and in terms of membership.

None of this is unreasonable, and despite the progress we've made these are areas we continue to fall short in. As stable and calming as Trigg's been, there's obviously a shortcoming in truly engaging with our (seemingly massive) apathetic supporter group that needs a more aggressive approach. Is that Lethlean? MLG seems to think so based on those comments.

I just wish that this was all done during a quieter time. This is the time of year that all clubs are under the microscope and all decisions and perceptions are critical. For this to happen right after the season's conclusion and on the eve of the trade period, is horrendous timing IMO.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:56 am 
Bruce Doull

I guess we can't control when Lethlean's extra curricular activities with his colleague take place.

Jokes aside, if the board has deemed we need a change, then there is no right time other than as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:41 am 
Stephen Kernahan

It's not the timing, it's the noise surrounding.
Hawks situation was worse. Replacing a 5 month appointment but it was clean and clinical.
Ours was messy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:50 am 
Bruce Doull

To me it just feels that Caro got annoyed at being rebuked, started to drop hints about what was going on (while probably threatening to break the full story) and we panicked.

The club has come a long way but it seems we still have no idea how to respond when things aren't going 100% our way.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:55 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Loguidice is not a great media performer or speaker in front of an audience.

When professional media people like Wilson get a hint of that they circle like sharks in order to expose their frailties, that's their job, it's Logudice's job to get better.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:00 am 
Bruce Doull

AGRO wrote:
Loguidice is not a great media performer or speaker in front of an audience.

When professional media people like Wilson get a hint of that they circle like sharks in order to expose their frailties, that's their job, it's Logudice's job to get better.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:01 am 
Wayne Johnston

Donstuie wrote:
MLG also spoke on trade radio
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-06/b ... or-ceo-job

The common theme seems to be that after Trigg helped to stabilise the club (personnel, culture etc), a 'different personality' is needed to take things to the next step, which is to "Make Carlton great again" financially and in terms of membership.

None of this is unreasonable, and despite the progress we've made these are areas we continue to fall short in. As stable and calming as Trigg's been, there's obviously a shortcoming in truly engaging with our (seemingly massive) apathetic supporter group that needs a more aggressive approach. Is that Lethlean? MLG seems to think so based on those comments.

I just wish that this was all done during a quieter time. This is the time of year that all clubs are under the microscope and all decisions and perceptions are critical. For this to happen right after the season's conclusion and on the eve of the trade period, is horrendous timing IMO.

Hmm, so if we replace Trigg then that solves everything because all the problems were caused by Trigg right?

Our board is very good at pointing the finger elsewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:41 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

robertbb wrote:
Stone Free wrote:
And yet, inexplicably, Andy McKay is STILL there. :banghead:

I'm convinced he has incriminating photos of a club board member. Astounding given his involvement in f*cking up our list/cap position for years.

The mind absolutely boggles. I see video footage from The Journey and he just kinda watches meetings and training slyly off in the distance somewhere as if he's continuously checking up on Bolton. If he was an ice cream flavour, he'd be vanilla. Is it a coincidence our recent run of shitfulness started when Icke left? I dunno.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:05 am 
Craig Bradley

MLG a very ordinary media performer -very unconvincing this morning

This process completely botched - given leaks to media - on bigfooty weeks ago for god sake - terrible publicity

If Lethlean gets appointed cant see how Kate Jenkins position is tenable on the board

We need to get better performers on the board who have some idea and have experience about such issues of stakeholder engagement corporate governance and embrace strong values and culture

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 841 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 43  Next