Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:18 pm 
Rod Ashman

@doc.....stop your agenda mate
Changing the song is your idea to be relevant in the eyes of the new administration..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:19 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

DocSherrin wrote:
Warby wrote:
DocSherrin wrote:
What....I can't comment on historical fact now? Look it up Warby...

I couldn't care less about the song...just like I couldn't care less about the stupid banner before the game.

Warby take another read of the opening post. Am I advocating changing it? Or are you just trolling here as usual.

So; let's see.....you introduced a brand new thread about our much loved Carlton Theme Song....then you said.....

''I couldn't care less about the song'' are your words in that opening preamble...... :confused:

Bearing that in mind; then.....replying to your initial post for the first time is trolling :?: ............. :screwy:

Look I understand you want an argument...that's fine...but it's 8am here at Disney World and I'm about to go downstairs with my daughter to have breakfast and she doesn't know it yet but Elsa and Anna are kinda joining us this morning and she met Merida and Ariel yesterday, so right now all that takes precedence over Carlton's silly little antiquated song.

It's your thread mate....you started it and asked some questions......and now 4 pages later; you don't want to know about it.......and neither does anyone else....we're not interested in changing or modifying our Club Song......get over it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:38 pm 
Ken Hunter

DocSherrin wrote:
Warby wrote:
DocSherrin wrote:
What....I can't comment on historical fact now? Look it up Warby...

I couldn't care less about the song...just like I couldn't care less about the stupid banner before the game.

Warby take another read of the opening post. Am I advocating changing it? Or are you just trolling here as usual.

So; let's see.....you introduced a brand new thread about our much loved Carlton Theme Song....then you said.....

''I couldn't care less about the song'' are your words in that opening preamble...... :confused:

Bearing that in mind; then.....replying to your initial post for the first time is trolling :?: ............. :screwy:

Look I understand you want an argument...that's fine...but it's 8am here at Disney World and I'm about to go downstairs with my daughter to have breakfast and she doesn't know it yet but Elsa and Anna are kinda joining us this morning and she met Merida and Ariel yesterday, so right now all that takes precedence over Carlton's silly little antiquated song.

Speaking of things ficticious, if there's one thing the club can remove/change, it's Captain Carlton.

He, not the song, is silly.

Until each team plays each other the same number of times, the AFL, as a fair dinkum competition, cannot be taken seriously.

He (Mr Swann) said the honour and pride associated with the club's traditional navy blue jumper was priceless.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:34 pm 
Rod Ashman

didnt the team record a version of Midnight Blue back in the 90's when we were good? i think i had that on tape somewhere... that could be good for a laff, especially with the players version being used. sticks could have used his voice as the bassline...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:40 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Mosquito Fleet wrote:
Changing the song is your idea to be relevant in the eyes of the new administration..

I love your sense of humor Mosquito but the not so intelligent folk on this site probably don't and might take you seriously. Also...what is this new administration you speak of...perhaps in a more important thread you might like to enlighten us.

When I talk shop with the new President the song will not be on any agenda. There are far more important things to discuss. But once in a while posters are permitted to throw a question out there which is of little consequence to the clubs fortunes going forward...much like playing home games at Visy Park again.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:58 am 
Bruce Doull

still want more cowbell

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:56 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Agreed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:08 am 
Harry Vallence

Our current song is surly and probably the must infuriating to opposition supporters. I love it.

A mediocre period in our history hasn't allowed it to be sung with real gusto. I blame Ed Curnow a little too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:02 am 
Rod Ashman

DocSherrin wrote:
Mosquito Fleet wrote:

I love your sense of humor Mosquito but the not so intelligent folk on this site probably don't and might take you seriously. Also...what is this new administration you speak of...perhaps in a more important thread you might like to enlighten us.

When I talk shop with the new President the song will not be on any agenda. There are far more important things to discuss. But once in a while posters are permitted to throw a question out there which is of little consequence to the clubs fortunes going forward...much like playing home games at Visy Park again.

I interpret that you are putting your idea back into the box. Good.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:29 am 
Stephen Kernahan

As I stated in the first post...just asking the question. Putting it out there. That much was pretty obvious. But yourself and Warby have inspired me to take it a step further. I must have more cowbell!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:54 am 
Horrie Clover

I'd like a ditty to the tune of
"Miss Polly had a Dolly".

My kids love it and it always makes me laugh

:-D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:20 am 
Bruce Doull

Closed minded attitudes and a failure to explore new approaches are the reasons this club has been led into the malaise we currently face.

Discussing an idea doesn't make it gospel, or the right way forward.

Who knows, talking about the merits of our song might help create new ideas to improve the way the club promotes its proud heritage. But if we just sit standing in the mud thinking "We're Carlton, @#$%&! the rest" that mud will soon turn into quicksand.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:22 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I love 'when Johnny came marching home' (the animals wentt in two by two)
The melody is really old and original composer unknown.
The sort of tune you can sing at a faster pace, and has a strong anthemic, stirring of the soul
quality.
(when the Blues come marching home)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:26 am 
John James

I reckon ours is the greatest post match victory song as you can draw it out and it is very satisfying to sing.

Where we could have a change is pre match, something a bit more intense and upbeat.

I propose a lead into battle song (new) and an after we've won the battle song (current)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:48 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Robert Heatley wrote:
I reckon ours is the greatest post match victory song as you can draw it out and it is very satisfying to sing.

Where we could have a change is pre match, something a bit more intense and upbeat.

I propose a lead into battle song (new) and an after we've won the battle song (current)

I like it. but only before the players come up the race. like a pre banner invocation. If they used my above named song in a rip roaring modern way, then the boys go thru the banner, then...
dadadadada.....maybe?
on the other hand..
if they came up with a techno thing I'd burn my membership.
maybe leave it the hell alone..just in case???

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:50 am 
Harry Vallence

No!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:08 pm 
Craig Bradley

Yep - pre game version in a Dropkick Murphys style type song, purely consisting of nothing else but "DA DA DA DA DA" on loop. Put a bit of pan flute and cowbell backing to it, maybe some bagpipes.

Just give us the cup after that.

HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR TALKINGCARLTON SUPERCOACH 2009 YET?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:15 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

The Rhino wrote:
Yep - pre game version in a Dropkick Murphys style type song, purely consisting of nothing else but "DA DA DA DA DA" on loop. Put a bit of pan flute and cowbell backing to it, maybe some bagpipes.

Just give us the cup after that.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:15 pm 
Harry Vallence

Robert Heatley wrote:

A pre-match song and a victory song - I like that idea :thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:38 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Why don't they just create a montage of players singing the song back in the rooms after some of our greatest wins. Splice them all together and put it up on the big screen to inspire the players as they run out and warm up. It will pump them up more to tatse that after the game hopefully, and maybe even get our supporters to actually sing with more gusto for once...

The last clip spliced in has to be the song being sung after the 99 prelim.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next