Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:40 pm 
Rod Ashman

aboynamedsue wrote:
This article is about Garlett but interestingly it says Buckley's TOG was managed on Saturday, so maybe Buckley's not injured?
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/j ... z37v3REf5W

he limped off so i would say injured. looked like a hammy

fwiw i would play cripps sub. even though he tired he had a very good first half - particularly second qtr where he dominated clearances.

no point playing mclean.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:59 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

aboynamedsue wrote:
Out: Everitt (inj), Menzel (inj), Robbo (susp)
In: Brock, Garlett, Lucas

Robbo shouldn't be suspended, but he probably will be unfortunately. I would put Menzel in cotton wool for the rest of the season and get him ready for a big preseason.

There's not a lot in reserve. Buckley & Cachia apparently got injured in the VFL yesterday and Sheehan didn't play. I wouldn't play Cripps on the big ground at the moment - from all accounts he struggled to run out the VFL game yesterday. Temay & Holman aren't up to it yet and, quite frankly, don't deserve a game. Johnson is a possibility but I think what we need is run...

So that leaves Armfield, Brock, Carrazzo, Garlett & Lucas. I would play Lucas & Garlett in their home state - Garlett is an obvious replacement for Menzel, and Lucas gives us run from HB/Wing in Everitt's absence. I doubt very much Lucas will get a game, but that's what I would do. He & Garlett will appreciate the big ground and it's their last chance to prove they want to be at the club next year. For all the same reasons, we could play Armfield but I think MM will bring Brock straight back in for some experience, bigger body and better use. Brock & Graham in the same team worries me a bit though.

Warnock vs Wood will be an interesting debate at match committee. Warnock is a better ruckman when fit & form but I reckon Wood will hold his spot for now.

Simmo Rowe White
Tuohy Jamo Yarran
Docherty Judd Curnow
Murphy Hendo Bell
Thomas Waite Casboult

Wood Gibbs Graham

Brock Garlett Lucas
Ellard (sub)

Yeah na, I'd ditch Brock the plodding Rock from your team and put in Johnson for another crack. More than enough run with Jeffy and Sugar in that team....who are both playing for their careers at CFC or to boost their trade value :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:06 am 
Geoff Southby

MIL wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Out: Everitt (inj), Menzel (inj), Robbo (susp)
In: Brock, Garlett, Lucas

Robbo shouldn't be suspended, but he probably will be unfortunately. I would put Menzel in cotton wool for the rest of the season and get him ready for a big preseason.

There's not a lot in reserve. Buckley & Cachia apparently got injured in the VFL yesterday and Sheehan didn't play. I wouldn't play Cripps on the big ground at the moment - from all accounts he struggled to run out the VFL game yesterday. Temay & Holman aren't up to it yet and, quite frankly, don't deserve a game. Johnson is a possibility but I think what we need is run...

So that leaves Armfield, Brock, Carrazzo, Garlett & Lucas. I would play Lucas & Garlett in their home state - Garlett is an obvious replacement for Menzel, and Lucas gives us run from HB/Wing in Everitt's absence. I doubt very much Lucas will get a game, but that's what I would do. He & Garlett will appreciate the big ground and it's their last chance to prove they want to be at the club next year. For all the same reasons, we could play Armfield but I think MM will bring Brock straight back in for some experience, bigger body and better use. Brock & Graham in the same team worries me a bit though.

Warnock vs Wood will be an interesting debate at match committee. Warnock is a better ruckman when fit & form but I reckon Wood will hold his spot for now.

Simmo Rowe White
Tuohy Jamo Yarran
Docherty Judd Curnow
Murphy Hendo Bell
Thomas Waite Casboult

Wood Gibbs Graham

Brock Garlett Lucas
Ellard (sub)

Yeah na, I'd ditch Brock the plodding Rock from your team and put in Johnson for another crack. More than enough run with Jeffy and Sugar in that team....who are both playing for their careers at CFC or to boost their trade value :lol:

Freo will be out for vengeance and will make Patterson Stadium into the House of Pain. I reckon MM will want another experienced head to come in and support our kids.

Not saying I'm convinced it's the right decision, but that's what I predict. It might be Carrazzo instead of Brock.

I wouldn't be totally against playing Johnson or Cripps as sub, put Ellard back into the 21 and ditch Brock from the above team - if the club has decided Brock won't be there next year (although I think he has another year on his contract?).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:36 am 
Serge Silvagni

Now that finals are impossible I'd say guys like Brock will be given every opportunity. Why risk anything?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:51 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

grrofunger wrote:
Stone Free wrote:
I'm coming over for the game. Not sure where I should book a seat.... if anyone has any idea where a majority of Blues supporters will be, advice will be most welcomed.

behind the goals at the city end

bays 139 - 144 lower tier or 337 - 334 upper tier

Coolies - managed to get into 139. Hopefully it is somewhere near a bar.... and it doesn't rain.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:42 pm 
Rod Ashman

In: Yoko Ono, Brock McLean, any other plodding McLean and a miserable year

Out: Lachie Henderson - for providing hope of a positive future.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

OUT: Everitt Menzel and Robinson
IN: Cripps and Johnson or Brock Armfield

I'm sure the MC will be considering Warnock because he played better in the reserves side after being demoted but also because our ruck is up against the huge Sandilands. Warnock has played well against him before...when Sandi was on one leg with toe jam.

Will Wood survive? Deserves his spot imo, but I wouldnt consider him great. Just a great deal more athletic than Warnock and therefore better footballer around the ground.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

tap in 79 wrote:
In: Yoko Ono, Brock McLean, any other plodding McLean and a miserable year

Out: Lachie Henderson - for providing hope of a positive future.

Deep.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:08 pm 
Robert Walls

Play Garlett !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:59 pm 
Harry Vallence

Tuohy Jamison White
Simpson Rowe Docherty
Yarran Gibbs Thomas
Menzel Henderson Graham
Garlett Casboult Waite
Wood Judd Murphy
I/C; Curnow Bell Lucas
Sub; Cripps

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:48 pm 
Bruce Doull

A bit slow on the uptake, I admit, but WTF are we playing this on a Thursday night?! :garthp:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:09 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

We are supporting our masters. AFL says Thursday night football is a hit!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:10 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Our draw has been flowered this year and I have refused to attend some of them due to the scheduling.
I would give Lucas a run with role for this game a definite inclusion for mine.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:11 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Thurs night. Freo on the rebound. Unlikely to win. Unlikely to kick many goals. Freo crowd. Ballantyne. Crowley. Suban. Young fella really wants to go. I really don't.

Might be his last chance to see Judd play in person. The only saving grace.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:23 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

camelboy wrote:
A bit slow on the uptake, I admit, but WTF are we playing this on a Thursday night?! :garthp:

TV - that's all

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:50 pm 
Bruce Doull

i have to fly to melbourne on wednesday

when the @#$%&! game is in Perth on Thursday

FFS

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:59 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Could be a blessing in disguise. .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

Dodged a bullet I reckon grro :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

yeah but corporate box and such and such

its just ...... like rain on your wedding day or a free ride when you've already paid

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

All I want is a good showing.

I don't think that we will win, but we need to keep building consistency if we are to become a good football side again.

I know that the scoreboard doesn't show it, but I believe that we have got better at it in the last 5 weeks and playing like a team rather than relying on individual pieces of brilliance that we have hung our hats on over the last decade.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next