Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:28 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

would fitz be like a brendan gale type?

has the footy knowledge as well as the admin credentials to marry up both worlds for the club? he may have a chance to keep the footy seperate to the business?

it's clear rich biz types don't have a freaking clue about football matters - but that doesn't stop them from trying.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:42 pm 
Geoff Southby

BamBam7 wrote:
DocSherrin III wrote:
camel wrote:
So if the INC demands that candidates need to be interviewed then Fitzy, in theory, would at least need to sit down and have a chat with them. If nothing else that should at least help to discover his potential methodology and capacity to help.

Our problems don't lie in the areas that a club President oversees. IMO, they're the healthiest they've been in years. If Sayers has to move on prior to end of 2024, then in all liklihood Rob Preisetly becomes President. He's already been through his corporate controversy and was cleared of any wrong doing. Might be wrong, but I think he still resides in Sydney. I don't think that matters. In any case, he'd be a sound replacement.

Not sure what Mike Fitzpatrick would bring to the table to be honest.
I see your point.

Although Fitzy could arguably help change the culture at the board level. That's probably naive of me, but one can dream.

He also has more football credibility than most Presidents, being an ex-player. I know we've had Sticks previously, but with all due respect to Sticks, his level of intellect is not comparable to Fitzy.

I concede these aren't very good points, but I dunno, it's just the vibe I get with Fitzy. Insert joke from The Castle here.

Yeah , not only would i take Fitzy back i would welcome with open arms Sticks as well . Geez we are crying out for footy types on our board . Our club has a long history of past players on our board when we were successful ................. IE Laurie Kerr , Bugsy Comben , Kev Hall , Barry Armstrong , and the great Wes Lofts . Those blokes didn't cop shit and knew when to kick arse . I tell you one thing for sure , Michael Voss would be doing a whole lot better if those guys were at his back ................... Fitzy and Sticks would be a great good cop bad cop combination . Bring it on and i will get back on .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:07 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

It all started to turn to shit when Sticks joined the board. Ripping bloke, but keep him as far away from the board or any decision making as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:30 pm 
Rod Ashman

rhino27 wrote:
It all started to turn to shit when Sticks joined the board. Ripping bloke, but keep him as far away from the board or any decision making as possible.

He was there as the "Great Bloke Face" for the board run by the Pratt faction and the Mathieson faction

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:37 pm 
Geoff Southby

carntheblues wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

He was there as the "Great Bloke Face" for the board run by the Pratt faction and the Mathieson faction

Exactly . He was being used . He would be a whole lot better with Fitzy by his side . And whats wrong with being a good bloke ? him and Fitzy would be fantastic for the club and pull the whole joint together . A fresh beginning .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:49 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

carntheblues wrote:
rhino27 wrote:

And originally by the Elliot faction

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:01 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

It started to turn to shit well before Sticks became President- the rot started at the end of the Elliott era.

With the PWC stuff hanging over his head Sayers is a dead man walking.

Fitzpatrick would be the the ideal man to parachute in - and I’m sure he could work well with Brian Cook - as he would have when he was Chairman of the AFL.

It wouldn’t hurt to have a President of Carlton who has or had the ear of the AFL Commission.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:06 pm 
Ken Hunter

Yeah - let’s bring back one of the blokes that was a party to destroying one of the biggest advantages we had, just to fill his back pockets. Yep - very smart.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:11 pm 
Geoff Southby

SurreyBlue wrote:
Yeah - let’s bring back one of the blokes that was a party to destroying one of the biggest advantages we had, just to fill his back pockets. Yep - very smart.

Doubt it . Talk about a dead man walking . Unfortunately Princes Park was a dead Stadium walking .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:33 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Hmm I wonder how many home games we would have won instead of lost since 2005 if we had of played them in front of 30,000 people at Princes Park.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:35 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

AGRO wrote:
It wouldn’t hurt to have a President of Carlton who has or had the ear of the AFL Commission.

I'd prefer to have a smooth transition over to Priestley (and put him in the best possible position to then join the AFL Commission). Carlton is not a mature club. It needs a president who is quite happy for a recognisable CEO to monopolise the spotlight. Fitzpatrick would be on a hiding to nothing as President. Not convinced he wants or needs that level of scrutiny in his life again.

https://www.businessnews.com.au/Person/Robert-Priestley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

DocSherrin III wrote:
AGRO wrote:

I'd prefer to have a smooth transition over to Priestley (and put him in the best possible position to then join the AFL Commission). Carlton is not a mature club. It needs a president who is quite happy for a recognisable CEO to monopolise the spotlight. Fitzpatrick would be on a hiding to nothing as President. Not convinced he wants or needs that level of scrutiny in his life again.

https://www.businessnews.com.au/Person/Robert-Priestley

Happy for anyone who has the cohones to make the changes needed - and when I say changes I mean the correct changes.

Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:15 am 
Geoff Southby

We have had all these Billionaires , Captains of industry and all the heavy hitters on our board . People of huge influence everywhere yet we have lived a complete debacle for umpteen years . How could it possibly go wrong . Makes you wonder coz our greatest ever President was a humble suburban Dentist , the great George Harris .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

Well known nuff Snapper just rang SEN and accused the club of effectively blocking him across all forms of social media due to his rather public and vocal comments against the club.

Now, I don't know what he's been doing on social media, but, from what I've heard of his rants on SEN, they're really passionate and over the top but to me he hasn't done anything that has crossed the line and his comments have been bang on to be fair.

If the club is starting to silence dissent from members in this way then we have got far far bigger issues than we think.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:46 pm 
Ken Hunter

They deleted a few posts from people I know, none of which I would say were inflammatory.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:48 pm 
Geoff Southby

Traveller86 wrote:
Well known nuff Snapper just rang SEN and accused the club of effectively blocking him across all forms of social media due to his rather public and vocal comments against the club.

Now, I don't know what he's been doing on social media, but, from what I've heard of his rants on SEN, they're really passionate and over the top but to me he hasn't done anything that has crossed the line and his comments have been bang on to be fair.

If the club is starting to silence dissent from members in this way then we have got far far bigger issues than we think.

Schnapper blocked ? good . A grandstanding nobody trying to be a somebody . Attention seeker . About the same level as Mario from Doncaster .......................... at least Trout from Woodend has got a brain .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:02 pm 
Harry Vallence

Mickstar wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

Schnapper blocked ? good . A grandstanding nobody trying to be a somebody . Attention seeker . About the same level as Mario from Doncaster .......................... at least Trout from Woodend has got a brain .

That's not the point.

He's entitled to his view whether you like him or not, as long as he doesn't cross the line.

The point is, if the club is silencing members who speak up (within reason), we are in deep, deep trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:12 pm 
Geoff Southby

Traveller86 wrote:
Mickstar wrote:
Traveller86 wrote:

That's not the point.

He's entitled to his view whether you like him or not, as long as he doesn't cross the line.

The point is, if the club is silencing members who speak up (within reason), we are in deep, deep trouble.

Of course it is not the point Trav . But mate , i travel around a bit and i always flick onto SEN for footy talk . Talkback radio . I enjoy it coz its a bit like this site in that there are a lot of knowledgeable people who know there onions . Interesting folk . But then yo get the grandstanders who like the sound of there own voice who call in just to hear themselves . And that snapper bloke is one of them who just happens to shit me no end .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:17 am 
Bruce Doull

PwC tax scam CEO quits as charity chair
https://theklaxon.com.au/ztem-37/

We sure know how to land them, don't we!

Must admit I am surprised by the lack of activity around Sayers' tenure at Carlton. Or am I just missing the noise due to be out of Melbourne?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:26 am 
Robert Walls

Mickstar wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Doubt it . Talk about a dead man walking . Unfortunately Princes Park was a dead Stadium walking .

Argument of a footy type being back on board is a curious one given the very low profile Diesel plays. Well, it would seem.

Sayers should go. I don’t believe his position is tenable. Fitzpatrick would be a good get. Uncompromising. Not sure what Sticks would add.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174  Next