Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:24 am 
formerly BlueRob

As long as we don't blame Dr Strangelove. He is beyond blame. His tactics are superb ... he is so underrated. Songs will be written about his coaching one day. And I should say that the MC have backed him beautifully.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:29 am 
Bruce Doull

You can blame him if he hired himself........ :screwy:

ok.. there are two big clubs... both at the edge of ruin
One there because they cheated using doping techniques... (i think the blue wave bloke has been on the doping drugs too).. the circle of trust allowed for them to all nod and wink too each other.
and the other because they are so backward and devoid of any idea.. that the circle of trust there is more interested in shoring itself up than it is getting the club in good hands

Both clubs lack integrity and honesty.

Both clubs are on different slippery slopes into the abyss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:40 am 
Stephen Kernahan

What we need is a military coup.

Nothing short of a spill of the board and contested elections will help.
But who is influential and powerful enough to make a difference as well as pissed off enough to care??

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:52 am 
Harry Vallence

Siegfried wrote:
Oh, and we haven't even talked about the five-year Blue Print that promised 2 flags by 1015...

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/staticfile/ ... eprint.pdf

1015 ! just enough time to get a couple of premierships in before the Normans invade in 1066.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:04 pm 
Rod Ashman

Rocco Iguana wrote:
Siegfried wrote:
Oh, and we haven't even talked about the five-year Blue Print that promised 2 flags by 1015...

1015 ! just enough time to get a couple of premierships in before the Normans invade in 1066.

:grin:

I hear those Normans are wearing orange and grey.

Bring back the laurel wreath logo!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

buzzaaaah wrote:

But who is influential and powerful enough to make a difference as well as pissed off enough to care??

I think we need Tom Elliot to take over. Over the past month I am hearing a lot of noise about this. He is someone who can take on this role and still have the financial support of the key financial backers at the club. He is a smart man and I think will be able to find a very good CEO and not necessarily from the football world.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Well that's it!

I feel much better after hearing that.
Martin Luther King, eat your heart out!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

Siegfried wrote:
Rocco Iguana wrote:
Siegfried wrote:

:grin:

I hear those Normans are wearing orange and grey.

probably lead by Sir Gareth of A'blett

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

I love how the stickman wanted to be president during the clubs 150th this year.... he was dying for the job...
Then when he got it.... he told us to "Sticks Phat"

what a guy!!!!...

leadership material......

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:30 pm 
formerly BlueRob

Clayman wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:

I think we need Tom Elliot to take over. Over the past month I am hearing a lot of noise about this. He is someone who can take on this role and still have the financial support of the key financial backers at the club. He is a smart man and I think will be able to find a very good CEO and not necessarily from the football world.

Tom Elliot ... are you kidding ... :screwy: :donk:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

If you ask Stiks what his role is on the board.... he will tell you he helps maintain a stable board.
The club is proud of its stable board reputation... and Sticks plays the part of the glue.
He hasnt been allowed to have a great influence in the club lately.... He has played the role of the Queen.
He must be very proud of his role....
He is an integral part of the club .... and the club needs Sticks.

So Stick Phat!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:37 pm 
Harry Vallence

BigBlueWave wrote:
Clayman wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:

Tom Elliot ... are you kidding ... :screwy: :donk:

No I am not kidding. We don't need a president who has deep pockets however we need someone who has the ability to bring in more influential people to the club so we are less reliant on two families and at the same time not lose the key players who currently provide us with financial support. Tom through his media contacts, can also influence some commercial deals on our behalf. Get over the fact his last name is Elliot and you might see some sense out of this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

I don't know if Tom is the answer, but he could he be any worse than what Sticks has overseen?

The board has no mongrel.

The players have no mongrel.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:43 pm 
formerly BlueRob

Have you ever listened to this bloke ... the last thing we need!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sorry, you're probably right.

WE'RE CARLTON!
@#$%&! THE REST!

Success is sure to follow.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:44 pm 
Rod Ashman

How about a President / Board that doesn't rely on wealthy individuals for financial support, rather gets top level sponsors, and finds other innovative and morally sound ways of making money, and then puts the right people in place at executive level to make good decisions to take the Club forward? We need to move away from relying on individuals and families for their financial input.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

I have a question, with a new president coming in does that mean that Kernahan will also be stepping down from his duties with regards to the football department as well? Or will he still be apart of the board and footy department?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

Siegfried wrote:
How about a President / Board that doesn't rely on wealthy individuals for financial support, rather gets top level sponsors, and finds other innovative and morally sound ways of making money, and then puts the right people in place at executive level to make good decisions to take the Club forward? We need to move away from relying on individuals and families for their financial input.

see ? we sometimes do agree

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:16 pm 
Rod Ashman

Synbad wrote:
Siegfried wrote:

see ? we sometimes do agree

You and I have agreed on these matters all along Synbad. I voted Kernahan (and Williams) 'off' the board at that very first post-Elliott election.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sticks survived because he is the perfect "useful idiot"... Elliott discovered this and created him for particularly this reason.
The first thing he did was make him Capt of the Century... (Joke right there!!!) Anybody heard of John Nicholls? The man that Barassi describes as the best captain hes ever known or seen..
then Elliot went to work using Stephen 'Useful idiot' Kernahan for his own use. He because Elliotts personal human shield. having thrown his weight behind Elliott and lost... Sticks comes out stinking of roses and Collo had to put him on his board knowing what a uselful idiot Sticks is..Collo knows the club needs reuniting and Stiks can help that (remember. this is the guy that brought OReilly to our club)... Sticks says he is loyl to Collo.. Collo gets it in the neck.. Mathieson resigns because he thought that was wrong.. Sticks stays... even though he was supposedly loyal to Collo... again no convictions...
Then Smorgo ascends to presidency... being the weak non footy fool he was he appoints Sticks as his VP ( the useful idiot goes up another notch)....Smorgon cops it...no president.. Elliot thinks Pratt would be a good idea.. after some talks with the Pratt family behind the scenes.
Elliott cant get credit for it.. so they make up a story that Stinks sought him out...Sticks goes along with the fairytale and turns it into some kind of real story.....
Pratt has a good beginning to his presidency..but needs to step aside for health and personal problems.
Sticks is appointed... (useful fool) others are still pulling his strings behind the scenes.. and Sticks te captain of the century again goes along with things.....happy to be defacto president for others... (useful idiot)... and stays till he no longer can under the constitution.
Sticks is not stepping down... the constitution doesnt allow him to stay on board .
it has already been altered once for him to serve another 4 years on the back of his 12 as the useful idiot...

Sticks is a joke of a bloke... he is happy to be used for others gain of the footy club.
Thats all he has been.... he has been unable to stand up on his own two feet and has stopped the club from doing the same

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next