Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:49 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

jimmae wrote:
It actually sounds like they've met before, GWS. :lol:

Yeah...nah...

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:06 pm 
Vale 1953-2020

jimmae wrote:
Synners you keep throwing around the term billionaires like they should be able to quickly tip cash in, but typically people do not have all their cash tied up in a bank account; most of their assets would not be liquid. Our footy club would run off about $40-50 million in revenue annually; that's a lot of money to stump up, even for a billionaire.

If their goal is for the football club to make a profit and pay for its own investments, i.e. financially successful and sustainable, I think that's a great goal.

If you want my personal opinion on the state of affairs at the club, I think emotions are running way too high. Yes it's football and it's competitive and filled with passion, but it's all a bit schoolyard right now, which is likely a contributing factor to the mixed messages; snipes and lapses of judgement getting in the way of a positive, inclusive message. The football media don't help in these situations unless you generate some empathy from them, and at that point you are basically manipulating them into printing what you want.

If I add up all my assets and subtract my liabilities, I'm probably worth around $600,000. I've been stumping up around $2k per annum which is around 3.33% of my value.

I reckon Pratt + Mathieson would be worth around $6 billion, but for the sak of this exercise, let's just say $600,000,000 (which is very bloody generous). If they stumped up 3.33% annually, that would be around $20 million.

So..... who the flower do those flower flowers think they flower are. I HAVE MORE RIGHT TO BE ON THAT BOARD THAN THOSE ENTITLED @#$%&! TARDS DO. I PAY A MUCH LARGER PERCENTAGE OF MY ASSETS TO THIS CLUB THAN THEY DO.

Just pay off the flower debt, toss in an extra $10 million, and faark off. Why does no-one else demand this. They're flower useless anyway. This would actually allow them to be useful to the club.

Look, I'll even go so far. Give us $100 million between you, and I'll happily change the name of the stadium to Princess Park (from Princes Park) in your honour, because you really are a bunch of entitled princesses!

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F .........
Visit http://fromthemoshpit.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:11 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Moshe Park!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:13 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Mosheland!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:16 pm 
Craig Bradley

moshe25 wrote:
jimmae wrote:
Synners you keep throwing around the term billionaires like they should be able to quickly tip cash in, but typically people do not have all their cash tied up in a bank account; most of their assets would not be liquid. Our footy club would run off about $40-50 million in revenue annually; that's a lot of money to stump up, even for a billionaire.

If their goal is for the football club to make a profit and pay for its own investments, i.e. financially successful and sustainable, I think that's a great goal.

If you want my personal opinion on the state of affairs at the club, I think emotions are running way too high. Yes it's football and it's competitive and filled with passion, but it's all a bit schoolyard right now, which is likely a contributing factor to the mixed messages; snipes and lapses of judgement getting in the way of a positive, inclusive message. The football media don't help in these situations unless you generate some empathy from them, and at that point you are basically manipulating them into printing what you want.

If I add up all my assets and subtract my liabilities, I'm probably worth around $600,000. I've been stumping up around $2k per annum which is around 3.33% of my value.

I reckon Pratt + Mathieson would be worth around $6 billion, but for the sak of this exercise, let's just say $600,000,000 (which is very bloody generous). If they stumped up 3.33% annually, that would be around $20 million.

So..... who the flower do those flower flowers think they flower are. I HAVE MORE RIGHT TO BE ON THAT BOARD THAN THOSE ENTITLED @#$%&! TARDS DO. I PAY A MUCH LARGER PERCENTAGE OF MY ASSETS TO THIS CLUB THAN THEY DO.

Just pay off the flower debt, toss in an extra $10 million, and faark off. Why does no-one else demand this. They're flower useless anyway. This would actually allow them to be useful to the club.

Look, I'll even go so far. Give us $100 million between you, and I'll happily change the name of the stadium to Princess Park (from Princes Park) in your honour, because you really are a bunch of entitled princesses!

it would be an interesting process actually ... would the members happily donate that money, beyond membership as a once off, if it meant that they all pissed off ...

46k members, $4.6mill donation and all the "cash with strings" are removed from the club and the club is once again a club for its members ...

id do it if it meant we had a truly independent board, making truly independent decisions that are for the sole benefit of the club and involve no egos ... and politely tell the likes of Mathieson, Pratt and Co to @#$%&! off and have a nice day

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:16 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

dane wrote:
Moshe Park!

Isn't that why they called it Ikon Park?.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

Moshe's high marking.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:19 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

ScottSaunders wrote:
moshe25 wrote:
jimmae wrote:

it would be an interesting process actually ... would the members happily donate that money, beyond membership as a once off, if it meant that they all pissed off ...

46k members, $4.6mill donation and all the "cash with strings" are removed from the club and the club is once again a club for its members ...

id do it if it meant we had a truly independent board, making truly independent decisions that are for the sole benefit of the club and involve no egos ... and politely tell the likes of Mathieson, Pratt and Co to @#$%&! off and have a nice day

Golf clubs regularly have a "call on members" for funds.

The problem we have is the guys in charge want us reliant on them. Eliminating debt is a bad thing for them.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

Debt is control

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:37 pm 
Bruce Doull

moshe25 wrote:
jimmae wrote:

10% in cash and cash-equivalents seems about right as a starting point, but you need to consider that their annualised income might not always be in the positive, and they effectively have other stakeholders when it comes to how they invest some of their capital.

To that end, asking them to shell out $20 million for relatively no greater return than what you seek for your $2000 is kind of dumb. Consider what you would do in the same situation: wouldn't you have some conditions? Perhaps some partial repayment plan?

A $20 million gift to a club is unheard of in the AFL, because it really is a stupid investment decision. It's more than the annual profit of the AFL...

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Internet is serious business!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

But do you think this board is A work on progress jim?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

G G F instead of CFC that's perfect! No need for a democratically agreed symbol...
GGF but in the very old style .. You know the jimmy Buckley special..

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

We need cretylus to photoshop this thing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18