Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:11 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 39  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:01 pm 
Craig Bradley

I don't mind celebrating mediocre wins when they're building towards something, if they're the foundation of things to come.

The late charge in 98, missed the finals by a game, should have been given a wildcard entry in.
The last half of 2008, the ridiculous come back at the GABBA, the Port game in the wet. False hope in hindsight...

The Richmond game and hindsight, probably the Essendon* '99 game are reflective of celebrating a holding pattern, upholding the status quo. The issue was not just celebrating near enough is good enough, but the failure to realize the hard calls that needed to be made.

HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR TALKINGCARLTON SUPERCOACH 2009 YET?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:25 pm 
Craig Bradley

Synbad wrote:
Hornet wrote:
Megaman wrote:
Carlton should apply to the afl to have that game struck from the records

just like the sydney game has been struck from most carlton supporters minds??

remember...???

winged sydney... 3 guys out of the game by 1/4 time..they get a massive amount of possessions knowing that the more they have the ball the more they wont tire out and with one way for us to win back the ball.. we have one of the worst tacjkling and effort games ever.

all we had to do is stay within 3 or 4 goals... and we would run over the top of them.. they played their possession game.. we didnt even bother to pressure.. and tackle.. let alone win the ball..
the prize up for grabs that day?????.. a place in the prelim final.!!!.. something we havent achieved.... and our players wernt interested.. an honest team is always going to roll pretenders.pretenders who beat other pathetic clubs

yes the afl wont strike that from the records.. but you should always remember the sydney game more if youre fair dinkum....

down hill skiers central!!! :thumbsup:

yes our down hill skiying team beat richmond!!! a very pathetic team in their own right...!!!. .with a very inglorious history over 35 years!!!.. oh wowww!!!! :lol:

thats our yardstick!!! :clap:

Listen bud... I agree with most of your opinions/comments about our club

I know we're mediocre atm... on and off the field... and I don't hold up much hope for this season... happy to be wrong though

...and I remember the Swans game very well... we only played finals due to a stroke of luck... I know that as well

But wtf has that got to do with enjoying ONE game of football in a season of mediocrity?

What makes you think that people are suddenly brainwashed by simply watching a replay of a finals win? even though it's Richmond

The irony, the smugness, the comeback, the passion in the stands on that day. It's not beating Richmond that makes me happy... it's that feeling my club gave me just once that reminded me I'm a lifelong Carlton fan... and I want more.

It's not a sin to be happy every once in a while

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:31 pm 
Bruce Doull

Why is this still being discussed? Has anyone's view changed in the last few months? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Hot topic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:21 pm 
Rod McGregor

flower Richmond, pack of cauliflower. Whether we're sh1t or not doesn't matter to me. Seeing those pieces of sh1t filing out of the G while I rolled around paralytic was grouse. :grin:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:52 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Possibly the best post ever

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Gozza wrote:
flower Richmond, pack of cauliflower. Whether we're sh1t or not doesn't matter to me. Seeing those pieces of sh1t filing out of the G while I rolled around paralytic was grouse. :grin:

Awesome

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Gozza wrote:

That's exactly how it felt...and still it resonates today.
Every win against the Tigers, Bumbers and Pies is a memorable victory.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:42 pm 
Rod McGregor

Yeah, only I never called them 'flower'. Complete opposite. Female anatomy. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

12 posts. All about how much you drink. No-one cares.

HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR TALKINGCARLTON SUPERCOACH 2009 YET?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:10 pm 
Rod McGregor

The Rhino wrote:
12 posts. All about how much you drink. No-one cares.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

kingkerna wrote:
I remember celebrating us beating the eagles in 92, remember that Synbad, when they were undefeated and we were ordinary? Did you enjoy that one? Do you still remember it? Do you know why you remember it?

:thepedant:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:45 pm 
Rod McGregor

CK95 wrote:
kingkerna wrote:
I remember celebrating us beating the eagles in 92, remember that Synbad, when they were undefeated and we were ordinary? Did you enjoy that one? Do you still remember it? Do you know why you remember it?

:thepedant:

Pity we were flower beyond a GF.

#AngryAnderson

#BoundForGlory

Hashtag Waverley Park. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:58 am 
Bruce Doull

Hornet wrote:
Synbad wrote:
Hornet wrote:
Megaman wrote:
Carlton should apply to the afl to have that game struck from the records

just like the sydney game has been struck from most carlton supporters minds??

remember...???

winged sydney... 3 guys out of the game by 1/4 time..they get a massive amount of possessions knowing that the more they have the ball the more they wont tire out and with one way for us to win back the ball.. we have one of the worst tacjkling and effort games ever.

all we had to do is stay within 3 or 4 goals... and we would run over the top of them.. they played their possession game.. we didnt even bother to pressure.. and tackle.. let alone win the ball..
the prize up for grabs that day?????.. a place in the prelim final.!!!.. something we havent achieved.... and our players wernt interested.. an honest team is always going to roll pretenders.pretenders who beat other pathetic clubs

yes the afl wont strike that from the records.. but you should always remember the sydney game more if youre fair dinkum....

down hill skiers central!!! :thumbsup:

yes our down hill skiying team beat richmond!!! a very pathetic team in their own right...!!!. .with a very inglorious history over 35 years!!!.. oh wowww!!!! :lol:

thats our yardstick!!! :clap:

Listen bud... I agree with most of your opinions/comments about our club

I know we're mediocre atm... on and off the field... and I don't hold up much hope for this season... happy to be wrong though

...and I remember the Swans game very well... we only played finals due to a stroke of luck... I know that as well

But wtf has that got to do with enjoying ONE game of football in a season of mediocrity?

What makes you think that people are suddenly brainwashed by simply watching a replay of a finals win? even though it's Richmond

The irony, the smugness, the comeback, the passion in the stands on that day. It's not beating Richmond that makes me happy... it's that feeling my club gave me just once that reminded me I'm a lifelong Carlton fan... and I want more.

It's not a sin to be happy every once in a while

noone was unhappy... but things should go into their correct context.... you cant look at richmond and not think of sydney.
im not going to allow any carlton softcock supporter to be happy with richmond and ignore our chance of making a prelim which we just allowed the opposition to smoke us off without a whimper
that kind of thing just makes this club the crappy club it is...

i dont care that Gozza drank himself into a stupor over it.... i also hope he didnt drive home...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:39 am 
Ken Hunter

..i actually do think we're building towards something.. ..and i think that the sydney final loss hurt, but with MM at the helm it's a good pain, cos i believe we're going to grow from it..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:41 am 
Stephen Silvagni

we shouldn't look at the 79' GF without remembering 1980?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:55 am 
Craig Bradley

I reckon we are building too -I think we have more depth this year with Docherty Thomas and Everitt

Having said that -any win in a final with 95,000 being underdogs and taking bummers spot is hard to top

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

On 7Mate now

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

GarTlett you eejit!!

And

Get out of the coaches box you ba$tard pretender coach!!!
Ewwwww!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:30 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Awesome to see a little bit of footy in between the ads.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 39  Next