Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:19 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:15 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Jamison is injury prone
henderson has had injuries of his own and yet to become a proven player
Judds body is nearly finished and the only way to prolong his career is to play him forward
Waite is more injury prone than Jamo and nearly done
Casboult is also yet to prove himself and cannot be relied on when shooting for goal

A lot will need to go right for that spine to bear fruit....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:29 pm 
Ken Hunter

WOW - just WOW.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:39 pm 
Rod Ashman

Tenth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:46 pm 
Ken Hunter

14th

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:08 am 
Harry Vallence

Just give us the spoon!

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:23 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I have my doubts on whether we are a top 4 side - on the other hand our list is at least the equal of the Swans last year IMO.
My point being that if we play to our potential and have some luck with injuries & close results anything can happen.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:43 am 
Bruce Doull

I've said it for years. On talent the team is potential top 4. But on mental capacity the team is bottom 8.

#GUILTY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:52 am 
Bruce Doull

rhys87 wrote:
Just give us the spoon!

:clap:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:11 am 
Harry Vallence

I think we will miss the 8.
We have a horror first 5 games; Richmond, Collingwood, Geelong, WCE and Adelaide.
We could potentially be 0-5 or 1-4 and it will be difficult from then.
Obviously so much depends on injuries and whether any of our young kids come on this year.
Always hopeful but also a realist.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:20 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Id say we are more than likely to go 4-1 then start losing to shitful side like north saints freo port and doggies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:24 am 
Bruce Doull

Sydney Blue wrote:
Id say we are more than likely to go 4-1 then start losing to shitful side like north saints freo port and doggies

GC and GWS double this year?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:59 am 
Ken Hunter

SurreyBlue wrote:
Big Kahuna Boot wrote:

..i wouldn't say we have.. ..give me your premiership spine..

Jamison
Henderson
Judd
Waite
Casboult

..Jamo is all quality, i know some on here have gone off him a little, but i believe he's our best FB option, and a good enough FB to play in a flag team.. ..durability is the main problem here..

..Hendo i also believe could be good enough to play in a flag team, though looking at our list i believe it's more likely at CHF, than CHB.. ..but who replaces him..?.. ..he also needs to get a little more durable, am not sure if he's body can't cope, or if it's just the common 'teething' issues young kpps suffer from as they mature..

..Judd?, well perhaps i'm wrong here but when i think spine in the middle i think more rucks, vs centerman..

..Waite's ability we all know, the problem is his durability, it's worse than jamo's..

..Casboult, there's still questions over his kicking, and he's just now an upgraded rookie that even if his talent shines thru and he improves his kicking, as such an inexperienced kpp he's going to be a couple of seasons away from having any real meaningful contribution..

..this is the thing, due to injuries and fitness levels, most of our spine is coming and going out of the team.. ..and it's this consistency or lack thereof, that holds us back.. ..it stalls and slows individual development, and team development and balance..

..it's never purely about just talent, it's all about talent and durability.. ..and our kpps aren't racking up the games per season..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:51 pm 
Rod Ashman

Eddie wrote:
We have a horror first 5 games; Richmond, Collingwood, Geelong, WCE and Adelaide.
Obviously so much depends on injuries and whether any of our young kids come on this year.

I remember in late-2009/early-2010, just after we had lost Fevola, we had what was perceived at the time to be a nightmare first nine games. People were predicting we'd go 1-8, 2-7 etc. In the end, we went 5-4 and ultimately made the finals that year with a worse team (and some would argue worse coach) than we have now. Even last year, we beat Collingwood twice but lost to the Gold Coast. The point is that things rarely go quite according to script and that there is no use getting bogged down in negativity.

We are a good side too and other teams would consider us as a difficult opponent in the same way that we consider other sides as difficult opponents. The same team was a kick away from a preliminary final in 2011 and was 5-1 and 6-3 last year and on track for a certain finals appearance and likely crack at the top 4 before injuries ravaged the list and derailed the season.

I think we will be OK.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:45 pm 
formerly King Kenny

Eddie wrote:

We could be.

We could be 5-0 also.

The Hawks have a horror 8 games. They could be 1-7 or 0-8?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:27 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Since when did @#$%&! Richmond become a @#$%&! world beater?

Some of you people need to have a look at their recent history with as critical an eye as you look at ours.

They might be improving but they're still a very ordinary side.

If you asked me which club I'd most like to play to get our season off to a good start they'd be right near the top of the list.

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

GWS wrote:
Since when did !@#$%& Richmond become a !@#$%& world beater?

Some of you people need to have a look at their recent history with as critical an eye as you look at ours.

They might be improving but they're still a very ordinary side.

If you asked me which club I'd most like to play to get our season off to a good start they'd be right near the top of the list.

THIS.

Was just thinking the same a day or so ago.

Predicting a similar result to last year. They will stay with us for a while but we will break away later.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:01 pm 
Bruce Doull

Just in case anyone's missed it lately, we were a kick away from a prelim in 2011

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:20 am 
Stephen Kernahan

CK95 wrote:
Just in case anyone's missed it lately, we were a kick away from a prelim in 2011

Mort Sahl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:44 pm 
Ken Hunter

Blues2005 wrote:
I remember in late-2009/early-2010, just after we had lost Fevola, we had what was perceived at the time to be a nightmare first nine games. People were predicting we'd go 1-8, 2-7 etc. In the end, we went 5-4 and ultimately made the finals that year with a worse team (and some would argue worse coach) than we have now. Even last year, we beat Collingwood twice but lost to the Gold Coast. The point is that things rarely go quite according to script and that there is no use getting bogged down in negativity.

We are a good side too and other teams would consider us as a difficult opponent in the same way that we consider other sides as difficult opponents. The same team was a kick away from a preliminary final in 2011 and was 5-1 and 6-3 last year and on track for a certain finals appearance and likely crack at the top 4 before injuries ravaged the list and derailed the season.

I think we will be OK.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Thank goodness some still have some logic around here.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:46 pm 
Bert Deacon

To be honest would rate Carlton as a B grade side atm. (out of A to D)

That way expectations would be to make finals (5-8). Until consistently beat top sides Carlton would stay in this range.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next