Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:33 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Having my son running around pumping his fists in the last like we won the flag made it all the worthwhile. You let the innocence of youth enjoy the moment for what it is and forget about the bigger picture for the moment.

All things considered that was as much as we could expect, and maybe just a little bit more considering the form of Garlett, Cas, Barge, McInness who shows some nice poise, and Watson looking so much more comfortable back. Also credit Carrots for another great job in the second half on Boyd, Mclean who was solid, Gibbs when weleased in the 2nd half.

Opposition was ordinary, and the win should - and will - be kept in context, but it's nice to get one from a few goals back and enjoying the moment for at least a couple of days.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:33 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Interesting comment on 3AW re: Warnock.
They were going to give him two weeks but took the bye into account and gave him one so he would only miss two games. If that's true, it's good news that they do that sort of thing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:34 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

blue in the face wrote:
Bell looks like a player and McInnes looking more comfortable each week

agree.
Collins will keep improving with regular spot. Thornton & Brock deserve respect, and I reckon we are more solid with them both in the team.

Cudos to 41 as well. :-)

good effort under duress.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:35 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

What I loved tonight:

1. The youbgsters

My boy Bell had a great debut...especially in the first half. He's a beauty.
Casboult might make it as a KPF. Has to kick some goals first. Good target. Good game.
Youngsters Dale and McInnes...Watson...Collins look like they belong.
Some of the above are going to make it. That was one good outcome tonight.

2. 4 points.

3. The emancipation of Gibbs...much better as a play maker.

4. Yarran Bettsy Garlett

5. Good to see Jamison and TBird give us a solid AFL performance...Jammo has been ordinary just a pass

6. Relief...a win FFS

I believe White and O'Keefe had good games in the reserves...as did Mitchell. :thumbsup: good too

Last edited by bondiblue on Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

framage wrote:
There should be a few apologies from people on this site who were super negative about the coach and the club this week. A fantastic courageous win by the club and we should have more belief about what goes on rather than some of rubbish that we read here thru the week, well done Blues!

As true as this is, it will never happen. Blues did well with odds stacked well against them. Amazing the betting odds before the game.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

Geez how did we win that. Will take it. Bulldogs are worse than I thought given their name players.

Our young guys looked ok.

Barge arse in particular looks a likely type. Casboult some big contested grabs and hurt blokes. Great for Dale to kick that goal after the siren. McInnes also promising.

Can't complain when 10 first 18 players out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:36 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blueboy74 wrote:
Having my son running around pumping his fists in the last like we won the flag made it all the worthwhile. You let the innocence of youth enjoy the moment for what it is and forget about the bigger picture for the moment.

Nice touch there. I think we can lose sight of the fact it is just a game sometimes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blueboy74 wrote:

All things considered that was as much as we could expect, and maybe just a little bit more considering the form of Garlett, Cas, Barge, McInness who shows some nice poise, and Watson looking so much more comfortable back. Also credit Carrots for another great job in the second half on Boyd, Mclean who was solid, Gibbs when weleased in the 2nd half.

Opposition was ordinary, and the win should - and will - be kept in context, but it's nice to get one from a few goals back and enjoying the moment for at least a couple of days.

gibbs must be fwee to play to his capabilities every week. leave the tagging to the taggers.

Ken Hunter

kingkerna wrote:
should merge with north, both pathetic clubs

We weren't that bad

Craig Bradley

Blueboy74 wrote:

Bigger picture is actually ok. The short-medium picture maybe not so bright.

The performance of the young kids was the important thing tonight looking forward irrespective of the opposition or margin.

Bruce Doull

jim wrote:
43 point turn around from late in the 2nd qtr.

All young bloke's showed alot. Better intensity in the 2nd half. Defence improved out of sight after half time.

Yep. Hopefully we keep Watson in defence from now on. He looks comfortable there, but all at sea up forward. Tbird or even Jamo are better pinch hit options in F50.

Really liked some of Bell's efforts.

Collins slowly gathering some confidence too. :thumbsup:

Betts/Yarran were first class tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:40 pm 
Garry Crane

mikkey wrote:
With better setup from start we would have won bigger. Playing Watto CHF is just stupid. Lucky the Dogs are awful.

Absolutely agree. Last time they tried him forward it was clear he had no idea.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:40 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I had to listen to ABC Radio today as the commentators made mayo over a Rioli handball.

Eddie Betts IS the bests small forward in the comp.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:41 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

McInnes halves or wins most of his contests - a bit like Laidler - very solid and getting used to AFL tempo

We all knew Levi could clunk a mark - just needs some continuity and build up his tank

Collins needs to keep his feet more and think a bit more clearly under pressure.

Bell's prepared to do the hard stuff unlike some others

Betts Yazz Scotto Murph Gibbs class when needed

Some good positional moves by Ratts after half time which got the better of the dogs.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:45 pm 
Harry Vallence

cimm1979 wrote:
I had to listen to ABC Radio today as the commentators made mayo over a Rioli handball.

Eddie Betts IS the bests small forward in the comp.

Agreed
I reckon he should be leading our B & F. He is having his best season in my opinion.So clean all year with his hands
and his decision making. In whats been a disappointing season so far Eddie for me is the shining light.He is now a real A grader.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:46 pm 
Ken Hands

Blue Revival wrote:
i didn't like Jamison. seriously, WTF dude? No leadership, no passion, no dare

Get off Jamison's case. He is carrying a serious shoulder injury and shouldn't be playing.

Last edited by Roy on Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:47 pm 
Craig Bradley

Look how short Eddie is compared to Richo. Our KP marking target :lol:.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Hornet wrote:
Braithy wrote:
Ratts made the right adjustments after ht.

An indictment on him as a coach tbh

Most were calling for those changes much earlier

Who's to say he made those changes....our initial setup had Ratts written all over it....negative....the kids gave us the energy to get over the line plus a couple out of his arse from Eddide which sums up our fwd structure....Dogs are a a rabble....poor Sedat....good judge of his own team though.... :grin:

"Truth, for the tyrants, is the most terrible and cruel of all bindings; it is like an incandescent iron falling across their chests. And it is even more agonizing than hot iron, for that only burns the flesh, while truth burns its way into the soul"     — Lauro Aguirre

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:48 pm 
Rod Ashman

Good win with our most undermanned side in a long time. Thought Levi showed some promise off v. limited prep, touch of Jack Hawkins? And Bell gave us some good grunt, and really looked enthusiastic, ran to support and shepherd. Remind anyone of an old #41 Ronnie Auchettl? Yarran has sublime skill. Collins played a terrific game, and if he can iron out a few skill issues may well be real value. Sedat was right about the dogs, they are awful, but a good win by the Blues with a pretty inexperienced line up. Bower and JR still haven't found their mojo.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:49 pm 
Craig Bradley

Might wander over to the Bulldog's Board. They'll be screaming loud as to how sh1t they are that they got beaten by a team of kid's i'd imagine. Soon find out :grin:.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next